Trail Blazers @ Suns (season opener) 10-18-17

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The big casualty in all of this will be Booker. There's no way he can become a great player with this inept franchise. Maybe they'll lock him in with an extension so that he'll continue to wear the uniform, but we'll never see the player he should be able to be.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This year our #4 all time winning percentage will drop to #7.
For the first 40 plus years of existence the Suns had a culture of winning. Sure there were down years but everybody knew the Suns would bounce back because they were a winning franchise.

The Suns now have a culture of losing. Everybody expects the Suns to be bad. Good free agents only use the Suns for leverage. Commentators snicker when they talk about the Suns and always act surprised when they win. Our team is one of the doormats if professional sports.

Sarver has flipped our culture which is a hard thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best play of the game for the Sun's

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They should give up basketball and think about starting a synchronized swim team instead.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Best play of the game for the Sun's

That link won’t open for me, but I’m guessing it is this. I can’t stop watching it.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chriss & Bender not living up to the hype. Chriss must either be in the dog house or not picking up game quick enough to only get 12 minutes of playing time. Knocks on him were raw and undisciplined despite elite athleticism, scouts right on the money with their analysis.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chriss & Bender not living up to the hype. Chriss must either be in the dog house or not picking up game quick enough to only get 12 minutes of playing time. Knocks on him were raw and undisciplined despite elite athleticism, scouts right on the money with their analysis.

I'm guessing the staggering 5 fouls in 12 minutes had a lot to do with his lack of PT.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is any plus to the Suns game, it brought posters from other forums to post on the Suns game thread. I hope this continues. The more posters the better.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If there is any plus to the Suns game, it brought posters from other forums to post on the Suns game thread. I hope this continues. The more posters the better.

That's sort of like saying, if I die in a horrific car crash, at least strangers will come and gawk at the wreckage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's sort of like saying, if I die in a horrific car crash, at least strangers will come and gawk at the wreckage.

I don't understand your take. My comments were meant to be positive

I'm hoping posters from other forums will become more frequent visitors to the Suns forum.

Your analogy of someone dying in a horrific car accident does not hold true. No one died. It was a basketball game... a bad one but still only a game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chriss was being a little mitch out there. Bender has some impact on defense this year. He’s put on muscle but it hasn’t hindered him like it did Chriss...although it looks like Chriss slimmed back down after getting too bulky.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And who chose Robert Sarver to take over the Suns? Jerry must be kicking himself up and down the highway now. 'Hell of a legacy for the community that he was such a big part of and took such pride in.

I've said before that JC was a great promoter and a great behind-the-scenes politician for the Valley, but did not distinguish himself as a GM (or his two stints as Head Coach).

It turns out his worst "draft pick" was the Tucson banker.

Errntknght

Reaction score
With all McD's contacts in the sports world, you'd think someone who knows NBA basketball would tell him that Watson doesn't know the first thing about organizing an NBA worthy offense. He inherited Hornacek's misbegotten offense and made it even worse. Hopefully, our youngsters will learn something from their opponents because they are not going to learn how to play the game from Watson. Bledsoe at the point doesn't help matters...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And who chose Robert Sarver to take over the Suns? Jerry must be kicking himself up and down the highway now. 'Hell of a legacy for the community that he was such a big part of and took such pride in.

I've said before that JC was a great promoter and a great behind-the-scenes politician for the Valley, but did not distinguish himself as a GM (or his two stints as Head Coach).

It turns out his worst "draft pick" was the Tucson banker.

Your acting like picking an owner is like a scout picking a player. When you get an offer you look at their assets, make sure they have the money they say they do and take the best offer.

In terms of Jerry’s track record no he didn’t get us to the promised land but he did help field multiple teams that came close, multiple division titles, winning teams and landed multiple hall of fame players during his tenure. Jerry made the Suns a destination for players.

Again....zero championship banners which will be his biggest knock but I think he gets a little more credit. There are many GMs/Owners that wish they had that track record.

He certainly is light years ahead of Sarver.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Your acting like picking an owner is like a scout picking a player. When you get an offer you look at their assets, make sure they have the money they say they do and take the best offer.

In terms of Jerry’s track record no he didn’t get us to the promised land but he did help field multiple teams that came close, multiple division titles, winning teams and landed multiple hall of fame players during his tenure. Jerry made the Suns a destination for players.

Again....zero championship banners which will be his biggest knock but I think he gets a little more credit. There are many GMs/Owners that wish they had that track record.

Don't forget he brought us a World Series Championship.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chriss was being a little mitch out there. Bender has some impact on defense this year. He’s put on muscle but it hasn’t hindered him like it did Chriss...although it looks like Chriss slimmed back down after getting too bulky.
At the end of last season I really thought Chriss was gonna be a star. He looks like he played video games and ate fast food all summer. Seems like he caught DC disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jerry owed this community more than that (the sale to Sarver). This community supported him and his team faithfully for years. This community made him rich, gave him an arena etc.

I give him a lot of credit for being a great GM and owner. But the sale to Sarver was just bad.