Try to maintain a little dignity at Cards games

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Jay, you are right on!

Jay Cardinal said:
Typical ignorant Bickley article. Writes the whole thing trashing the Cardinals' fans while ignoring the entire reason the fans were mad in the first place. Not condoning this type of behavior, but the fans had a right to be upset.

Here's how it went down. After several calls against the Cards, Marcel Shipp runs up the middle. After the whistle blows, a Rams defensive player smashes into him. An O-line player (#71, 70 ??) comes to his defense and throws the Ram player to the ground. He is promptly whistled for a 15-yard penalty. The Rams player received nothing for his blatent late hit.

The fans were fed up with this. The controversial calls have generally gone against the Cards for years. This second half of this game had that feeling written all over it. So when we thought we would get an additional 15-yard penalty and are instead issued one of our own and their penalty is disregarded, the fans were enraged.

For Bickley to not write about this is not just ignorance, but his version of sensational journalism. Hey it sells to call the Cards fans trashy, but it doesn't to say a blown call provoked all of the trash.
:thumbup: He loves to create anger, if you see his smug face on the Sunday sports news " The Pit" he looks like a thin bull dog, if anything his negative reporting on the Cardinals has added more fire to the flame. He has been bagging on us forever. And he has the nerve to tell us to use some dignity, PLEASE!!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
**** Bickley and anyone that agrees with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I sent Bickley this email:

Hey Bickley. You Suck!

Come and sit in the North end Zone sometime. I dare you. Or just stand in front of it. You ****ing loser.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Nobody was throwing trash on the field because of the team's play. It was targeted at the pisspoor calls that were made during that drive.

While I don't approve of it, I totally understand it.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Just speaks to the mentality of many football fans. They treat the place like a huge bar and it's all about getting drunk, being vulgar, and checking out women. Others of us are there to see the game. Go figure.

Also - I don't throw anything on to any field/court. That's just idiotic. Use your voice. :doi:
Yeah - nonstop pottymouth is lame - no creativity.
Questioning the refs eyesight and/or ethics in strong, creative terms = fair.
Drunkenness - the better the Cards are doing on gameday, the less drunk I am...
Checking out women - can't... stop....self....
Throwing stuff - could injure someone - bad...

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Dan Bickley
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 21, 2005

Arizona State would've upgraded its stadium years ago, except they're waiting until the Cardinals are gone for good.
What does this mean exactly? Is Bickley for real?

:assclown:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buckybird said:
By the way Bickley, there are 32 stadiums.

31 right? Giants and Jets share. Maybe you are counting the Cardinals new stadium. ;)

A-Bomb

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley is a moron, the field trashing was great and really relieved alot of tension, even for me on the other side of the field watching. the refs were bs, the line wasnt doing anything and ish isnt going right. i bety you the new stadium doesnt have that happen

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Buckybird said:
By the way Bickley, there are 32 stadiums.

There are 31, because both the Giants and the Jets play at the Meadowlands. If you're counting both the Alamodome and the field at LSU, then there are 33 this season, but I don't think you are...

Duckjake said:
Yes, they are going to have fewer fans come to the remaining games.

This is way funny, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Was that really necessary? :shrug:

It was a little excessive, but when you're going to call someone out for being stupid, and you totally screw up on the correction, then it should come back on you.

Even still, though: ME: :trout:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Go root for the Eagles then.....

wow youve become mantra like with your responses.

No one day when we start winning and a new generation comes along we wont have a fan base that risnt ashamed to show their displeasure.

If you like to cheer on less than good play. Good for you. I dont. I curse and yell at the screen. And if I was at the game Id show my displeasure this year.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9,

I have removed your comment from your post. Please refrain from calling your fellow Cards fans names.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dignity is easier to maintain when you win.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
If I live in AZ and had season tickets Id wear a brown bag on my head next home game and throw stuff on the field whenever I had trash in my hands.

Some people in AZ trash the eagles fane (CardTrader and others) but the fact is they do it right. When the coach puts trash on the field why cant you?

If he coaches them up or does the right thing and they dont play like trash then fans shouldnt throw trash either.

Why do I believe everything SWD said in this post.... :shrug:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
There is no excuse to throw stuff on the field. It was a stupid thing to do.

I have to agree. I understand the frustration I can even live with the BS chant. But you just cant throw stuff on the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser