Unbelievable Anquan story

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
So there we are leaving Pro Player Stadium. As we walk out there are about 40 people wearing #81 jerseys. So I ask a lady if they were part of the Boldin family that I read about in the trib story. The lady tells me that she is Anquan's mom so then she saw my son wearing his #81 jersey and she reaches in her purse and pulls out about 100 rookie cards and gives one to Russell. She then asks us if we want to go down and meet him and have him sign the card. She then introduced us to Leanard Davis's sister who was also with them. She took us down to the where the bus picks up the players as we went through security they kind of looked at her and she said they are with me. After we got in the players started to come out when Anquan came out she introduced us to him and had him sign Russells jersey and my hat. We meet Deny Green, Mike Stone, Duane Starks, Leonard Davis, Josh McCown, Step, and a slew of others. Anquan's mom is the nicest lady you would ever want to meet and not to mention very attractive lady. When he finally had to leave Russell and I went over to thank her and she gave me a big hug. I HUGGED ANQUAN'S MOM. This totally made our trip worth while oh yea and we won.

P.S. Larry Fitz would not sign any autographs. 2 litle guys about 6 or 7 years old asked him and he blew them off.

Anquan even went over to the rail where people couldn't get past security and signed atographs. Quan is truely a gentlemen. This was a day my son and I will truely treasure, all made possible by one sweet lady.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
So there we are leaving Pro Player Stadium. As we walk out there are about 40 people wearing #81 jerseys. So I ask a lady if they were part of the Boldin family that I read about in the trib story. The lady tells me that she is Anquan's mom so then she saw my son wearing his #81 jersey and she reaches in her purse and pulls out about 100 rookie cards and gives one to Russell. She then asks us if we want to go down and meet him and have him sign the card. She then introduced us to Leanard Davis's sister who was also with them. She took us down to the where the bus picks up the players as we went through security they kind of looked at her and she said they are with me. After we got in the players started to come out when Anquan came out she introduced us to him and had him sign Russells jersey and my hat. We meet Deny Green, Mike Stone, Duane Starks, Leonard Davis, Josh McCown, Step, and a slew of others. Anquan's mom is the nicest lady you would ever want to meet and not to mention very attractive lady. When he finally had to leave Russell and I went over to thank her and she gave me a big hug. I HUGGED ANQUAN'S MOM. This totally made our trip worth while oh yea and we won.

P.S. Larry Fitz would not sign any autographs. 2 litle guys about 6 or 7 years old asked him and he blew them off.

Anquan even went over to the rail where people couldn't get past security and signed atographs. Quan is truely a gentlemen. This was a day my son and I will truely treasure, all made possible by one sweet lady.

Awesome story (I'm jealous by the way)... but PLEEEEEEEASE tell me you are kidding about Fitz. :(

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love Quan!

p.s. No comment on the Fitz thing.....

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
At training camp when I went Fitz signed for a lot of people, including myself...

Great story about the Quan, though, now we know where he gets his greatness from! :thumbup:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Quan was a girl I'd marry him.
Or I guess to be fair the reverse would be true.
No, all that's just creepy, how about this?
If I end up reincarnated I'll be Anquan's practice ball.
Yeah.
He'll live forever, so it'll be the best lifetime for me yet.

Go Cards! Go Quan!

PS

I feel something akin to guilt for treating Kasper roughly (in the similar situation) and Kasper even had someone come and defend him, so I'm treading lightly in favor of not hurting someone else's feelings (Fitz) without knowing the total situation.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:

I went to the rage on my bday and let me say that Anquan sign everybody's request for an autograph. The guy IMO is a classy guy and never turns down an auto request. The best thing is he remembers me cause I was in the Big Boys Toys and TC. Thats why he is my fav Cardinal player. :thumbup:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
I feel something akin to guilt for treating Kasper roughly (in the similar situation) and Kasper even had someone come and defend him, so I'm treading lightly in favor of not hurting someone else's feelings (Fitz) without knowing the total situation.

I know, me too - I am definitely guilty on that front.

I guess knowing what a classy guy Fitz had been in the past, this just seems shocking.

I understand they can't sign for EVERYONE but still.. little kids... agh..

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I went to the training camp (the open practice where Shipp got hurt) anyway I have a football signed by Dockett,Dansby,Anquan, Freddie, DG and BJ and I ask Fitz to sign my ball, he wouldn't sign my ball with a silver sharpie (all sigs are in silver sharpie) so I just said its ok. I have no problem with him not signing my football. :shrug:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
ALL HAIL THE QUAN!!!

:notworthy

The POWER OF Q!!!

Anquan Boldin is my favorite AZ Cards player!

Now SOMEONE TELL JOSH TO FEED Q THE BALL!!!

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
It's clear class acts run in the Boldin family. Anquan should be very proud to have a mother of such a kind and generous nature. If we all had mom's like that the world would be a much better place.

That said, for as many millions as Fitz is making, you gotta sign cards for those little kids. I don't care how much a guy contributes on the field, you can't snub your fans, especially the youngest ones. I hope this is just an isolated incident but I'm still pretty dissappointed. As far as I'm concerned there is no difference between what he did and what Kasper did and I feel the same way about both.

Cardinal Mike!!

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
ALL HAIL THE QUAN!!!

The POWER OF Q!!!

Anquan Boldin is my favorite AZ Cards player!

Now SOMEONE TELL JOSH TO FEED Q THE BALL!!!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Personally I could give a crap if Fitzgerald ignores autograph seekers. He's paid to catch TDs, not sign autographs. And who really knows why Fitz didn't oblige the autograph seekers. Maybe he saw the kid's scalper Dad waiting to snatch up the autographs. Maybe he just got in a fight with his girlfriend and didn't feel like dealing with anything. Or maybe he had just finished signing thirty autographs for thirty other kids.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Personally I could give a crap if Fitzgerald ignores autograph seekers. He's paid to catch TDs, not sign autographs. And who really knows why Fitz didn't oblige the autograph seekers. Maybe he saw the kid's scalper Dad waiting to snatch up the autographs. Maybe he just got in a fight with his girlfriend and didn't feel like dealing with anything. Or maybe he had just finished signing thirty autographs for thirty other kids.
Not to be biased but Quan is not worried about people selling his auto. I heard that Quan wife and baby is always at the Rage but he has no problem signing a lot of auto, but like you said he's not getting paid to sign auto. :rolleyes:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
maybe he's sad and a little green cause of this board's unwaivering love for the Quan.
It's ok big fella, hugs for everyone.
Even Scott Player
(even though he has the silliest looking helmet ever).

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Not to be biased but Quan is not worried about people selling his auto. I heard that Quan wife and baby is always at the Rage but he has no problem signing a lot of auto, but like you said he's not getting paid to sign auto. :rolleyes:

quan has a wife and a kid?

DRATS!!! THere go my woo-ing Quan plans! :mad: :D

OP
OP
WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Wrong, he just walked out of the locker room. These kids wanted him to sign their program, on his picture along with all the other ones. All I am saying is that he paid a lot of money to also promote the team and help build a fan base. That means treating the younger generation with respect will go along way to make sure they stay loyal cards fans their entire life.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
maybe he's sad and a little green cause of this board's unwaivering love for the Quan.
It's ok big fella, hugs for everyone.
Even Scott Player
(even though he has the silliest looking helmet ever).
Brighteyes first Cardinals interview was with Scott Player and he explained the face mask. There was a rational reason but rather than ad lib I'll see if we can find the article.

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Actually he is paid to entertain the fans. Afterall we are the ones who are responsible for the money the NFL makes. Without us there would be no NFL. So when i see athletes making millions, I expect them to at the very least, be nice to kids and that involves signing a few autographs.

Cardinal Mike!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05