Awesome redsz, my sentiments exactly.

thumbsup.gif

OP
OP
WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I didn't start this thread to bash Fitz, all I did is tell you what I saw. These 2 little guys were there with their Grandfather (who several player knew) because they stopped to shake hands and speak with him. They were asking him to sign a program over his picture along with a whole lot of other player (even second teamers and special teamers.) So Fitz autograph would not have been worth much on Ebay. People are making thing up like maybe he just wanted to get on the bus or back to the hotel. Well he stood out there for a good 15 minutes talking to a couple of other players and the bus didn't leave for another hour. So all he did was sit on the bus and wait for the other players. The best part of it all was that after he wouldn't sign nobody else even approched him. There was a mob around Anquan so big at times you could even count all of them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
I didn't start this thread to bash Fitz, all I did is tell you what I saw. These 2 little guys were there with their Grandfather (who several player knew) because they stopped to shake hands and speak with him. They were asking him to sign a program over his picture along with a whole lot of other player (even second teamers and special teamers.) So Fitz autograph would not have been worth much on Ebay. People are making thing up like maybe he just wanted to get on the bus or back to the hotel. Well he stood out there for a good 15 minutes talking to a couple of other players and the bus didn't leave for another hour. So all he did was sit on the bus and wait for the other players. The best part of it all was that after he wouldn't sign nobody else even approched him. There was a mob around Anquan so big at times you could even count all of them.

okay - we get it - Fitz is the Anti-Christ and we should rename Q - J.C. - all the guy has done is perform on the field, sign his contract on time and hand the football to officials after he scores touchdowns - can we please stop talking about this now?

There's a really wierd sibling rivalry thing going on with Q fans and his new "baby brother" with Fitz - THERE IS ROOM FOR TWO STUD WRS GUYS!

Good lord - could you imagine if we actually got Alexander or a stud QB - he would be strung up for sure for accidentally coughing near the autographers and getting a little bit of spittle on one of the balls.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Of course I understand do to others what you want done to you.

But I'm curious, what if Fitzgerald never signs an autograph for anyone ever again?

But never commits a crime, never does drugs, treats his friends and family with respect, donates thousands of dollars to charity, never is a problem within the Cardinals organisation/team and does nothing but produce on the field?

Would that make him a terrible person? Or someone lacking maturity?

To me, this seems like such a small issue. And doesn't define Fitzgerald as a person at all.

It wouldn't make him a terrible person but it would make him less of a person I think. Look at what 100% said...does that seem right to you? The indifference he shows fans is wrong and we have already heard about several occurances... Usually this amounts to more then just signing autographs.. maybe not stuff that is more public that could hurt his reputation more but the little things that makes someone a nice person...

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
okay - we get it - Fitz is the Anti-Christ and we should rename Q - J.C. - all the guy has done is perform on the field, sign his contract on time and hand the football to officials after he scores touchdowns - can we please stop talking about this now?

There's a really wierd sibling rivalry thing going on with Q fans and his new "baby brother" with Fitz - THERE IS ROOM FOR TWO STUD WRS GUYS!

Good lord - could you imagine if we actually got Alexander or a stud QB - he would be strung up for sure for accidentally coughing near the autographers and getting a little bit of spittle on one of the balls.

Come on Cheese, one cough? There aren't that many people on this board and we've already heard from several fans that have been dissed for no good reason. It's ok I'll still root for him on the field and I'll keep hoping he matures into a nice guy off the field but that doesn't mean I have to respect him off of it right now...

Last edited by a moderator:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Why I like debating with Russ the best.

No name calling just facts, quotes, and opinions against facts, quotes, and opinions.

All great points.

Side note: Barry Bonds is my favorite baseball player, and is one of the best of all time like it or not. If everywhere you go, and everything you do was recorded and analyzed I think each person living today would come out looking like Satan's creation.

The media is a farse, a gossip fest, and the only thing they do well is trying to make people look as bad as possible.

I stick to message boards, and bloggers!
:thumbup:

Don't many of his teammates even dislike him? I listen to alot of talk radio and a lot is coming out of this trial like his friendship with Sheffield, he sure sounded like a jerk to me. Pretty much exteammates who have come out and talked about the guy say he's not really a nice guy and very me oriented. When he broke the record for most homeruns his teammates hardly even made a deal out of it. When you see other guys break records most of the time the teammates seem elated about it. I think it tells you a lot about him...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Dude I like Fitz I just don't care for what he did. There is plenty room for all the studs we can get. But really if you want to stop talking about it then all you have to do is stop talking about it

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
Dude I like Fitz I just don't care for what he did. There is plenty room for all the studs we can get. But really if you want to stop talking about it then all you have to do is stop talking about it

:thumbup: My brother still likes Fitz, Even though I bought him a Quan jersey instead. Fitz is a great player and I dont expect him to be Mother Teresa but most of the Cards players I have met with my bro they have tried to be extra personal with him and they have...especially Dexter Jackson and LJ and Ronnie Mac. It means something more to him than an average fan..I dont know if some of you understand or not.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone please shoot this duck and bury it.

:threadlock:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Someone please shoot this duck and bury it.

:threadlock:

What I don't understand is why people can't just stop reading the thread? Why do threads have to be locked or moved when several people on the board are participating? You guys are grownups if you don't like the thread than stop reading it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05