Unbelievable Anquan story

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
2 cents

Look, no players are paid to entertain fans outside of the field. Now, if a guy wants to go beyond and make the day of a lot of people, that's fine. But aren't we being a litte harsh holding Fitz to Quan's level of fan appreciation? How many other players turned down autographs that day? What happened in the locker room? All we see is kid told no and we jump on him.

His job is on the football field. End of story. I'm not paid by the bank I work at to stay after hours and balance people's checkbooks!@!!! If I want to (and I have) I can spend my own time doing such. But if I told a customer no, I won't do that on my own time nobody would think less of me.

I know, they make a lot more than I do. But they can do something much more specialized than I can. They don't make more for any other reason than they can play football better than everyone else.

Of course if it was me who got turned down for the autograph I'd probably be mad!!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
Look, no players are paid to entertain fans outside of the field. Now, if a guy wants to go beyond and make the day of a lot of people, that's fine. But aren't we being a litte harsh holding Fitz to Quan's level of fan appreciation? How many other players turned down autographs that day? What happened in the locker room? All we see is kid told no and we jump on him.

His job is on the football field. End of story. I'm not paid by the bank I work at to stay after hours and balance people's checkbooks!@!!! If I want to (and I have) I can spend my own time doing such. But if I told a customer no, I won't do that on my own time nobody would think less of me.

I know, they make a lot more than I do. But they can do something much more specialized than I can. They don't make more for any other reason than they can play football better than everyone else.

Of course if it was me who got turned down for the autograph I'd probably be mad!!!

I understand your point, most definitely, but I do think it sucks when there's little kids involved, you know?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Why do people feel the need to jump on someones case when they were not even there or know the whole situation. :confused:

I for one have had nothing but great situations with Fitz. Once in Flagstaff after practice one day and before proactice another day. Signed a ton of autographs and answered a lot of questions.

Same goes for the training camp in Prescott.

Everyone has a story about some jack ass incident with a Star or Famous person. Do you guys know how many times these people are asked for an autograph or hassled a day, there comes a point were you just got to say, "No", kids or no kids, or they could be signing autographs all day long. Everyone else does that sort of thing why cant they, for example at work I get a ton of phones calls and sometimes I have just got to turn my phone off for 15 minutes just to chill out no matter what is going on.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Why do people feel the need to jump on someones case when they were not even there or know the whole situation. :confused:

Who is jumping on his case? No one is calling for his head.

This stuff happens, but you hate to hear it happening to a kid.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
In fact they were both there. He is a very cute kid. Can't be more than a few months old.

:bhiich:

We should sign his kid to a 25 year contract so we have his rights when he's done conquering college football. :raccoon:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
:bhiich:

We should sign his kid to a 25 year contract so we have his rights when he's done conquering college football. :raccoon:

And if they have a daughter... make her play basketball!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
And if they have a daughter... make her play basketball!!

:lmao:

Girls and basketball......

j/k. Go WNBA!!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Assface said:
:lmao:

Girls and basketball......

j/k. Go WNBA!!

Speaking of WNBA has anyone else heard the 98 KUPD here in Phoenix do their Diana Taurasi impression and the conversations they do between her and Shaq. It is freaking hilarious. So is there Dennis Green impression or as they call him Big Daddy D, they make him sound like a cross between Don King, a car salesman, and a pimp.

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
In St Louis ,After the game, at the bus Fitzs would not sign any autographs either. A lot of players was signing. Dennis Green was great. Fitzs was talking to some people .Adults and kids was holding stuff out to him and he just acted like he did'nt know they was there. He was not very friendly. Josh Scobey's Aunt shouted something about it to him. He just looked up at her . While he is talking to this Guy, He reaches in to his wallet and pulls out a money clip and peels off a Hundred dollar bill and hands it to this guy. He is the last player not on the bus. Finally McCown gets off the bus and tells him to come on, "the bus is leaving". I was trying to get Fitzs autograph too, But I was not mad that he Did'nt sign, I was mad that we lost the game That I thought we should of won.

Last edited:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
I HUGGED ANQUAN'S MOM.
:notworthy

*He hugged the Q-donna*

It all makes sense now why Q is such a great guy!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome story!!

Hail to the Quan, and Quan's mom!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Days until Martha is free: 124
After that, she will once again be very, very expensive.

Granted, things aren't always as the seem. And I agree that players are paid to win; not be choir boys. But I hope a few wiser old heads on the Cardinals get Fitz squared away, partly because he seems like such a nice kid and to blow autographic seekers off seems very uncharacteristic of everything we've heard about him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool, obviously she's the reason QUan turned out like he did.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
Wrong, he just walked out of the locker room. These kids wanted him to sign their program, on his picture along with all the other ones. All I am saying is that he paid a lot of money to also promote the team and help build a fan base. That means treating the younger generation with respect will go along way to make sure they stay loyal cards fans their entire life.

True but again you never know what else is going on. He could have just gotten bad news minutes before walking out the door, you just never know.

They're people they have lives too and the difference is people don't come up to us asking for an autograph on our way home from work.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nothing but love for Quan and his family. :notworthy

I will say that it is a little dissappointing to hear on the surface about Fitz, but as many have said there may be other things going on that we dont know about.
Also I heard or saw somewhere that alot of ball players dont sign autographs unless at an authorized signing session to avoid the signature hounds. He might not sign at the urging of his agent so that he does not devalue his autograph :shrug:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Nothing but love for Quan and his family. :notworthy

I will say that it is a little dissappointing to hear on the surface about Fitz, but as many have said there may be other things going on that we dont know about.
Also I heard or saw somewhere that alot of ball players dont sign autographs unless at an authorized signing session to avoid the signature hounds. He might not sign at the urging of his agent so that he does not devalue his autograph :shrug:

For example Barry Bonds does that because he would sign autographs for cute little kids and watch them walk over and hand them to not so cute adults who would hand the kid money. Why? Because those guys were professional autograph and card collectors who the players know and don't sign for(because they turn around and sell them on Ebay or what have you). So they now used kids, and homeless people to get autographs for them(apparently they learned that trick from ticket agents who often pay homeless people to stand in line and buy tickets to events like concerts.).

Bonds gets ripped for it but an analogy is giving 5 bucks to a homeless person and watching them walk into a 7/11 and buy alcohol with it when they said they needed money for food. I'd much rather buy them a sandwich, but where I used to virtually always give some change, I often don't now because I just assume they're not telling me the truth. same with some players and autographs.

C-MACK

Veteran
Reaction score
This is hilarious. The same guys who were crucifying Kasper for supposedly snubbing a kid are coming up with excuse after excuse for Fitz. Give me a break. Is Fitz a better player than Kasper....yes. Is Fitz a bigger jerk than Kasper.....possibly. Will people defend Fitz because he is a star....definitely. It's kind of funny how that works. Where is the Fitz is a jerk thread?

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
What a cool story. How lucky you are to have met such a nice lady--and Anquan's mom to boot. I saw the throng of people waiting by the limos and buses but didn't have to courage to ask many people if they knew Quan. I'll admit though, I was tempted to run up to everyone who was wearing a Quan jersey and ask are you related to Quan? Are one of the "Special 100" I read about on AZCentral.com? I resisted the urge. LOL

I did end up sitting several rows behind a Duane Starks rooting section. Everyone in the group was wearing Starks jerseys and one lady had on a Starks "jersey dress"--very hot, I might add. But I digress.... After the Starks interception I high fived one woman and a couple of kids wearing the jerseys. Two of the ladies were dancing and going crazy after that INT. Pretty cool deal.

Lastly, I thought the Dolphins fans were pretty cool. No one ever heckled me or anything. And before the game I was looking for an extra ticket and went up to the ticket window to buy a ticket. I was waiting behind a few people and some guy comes up from the parking lot behind me and gave me a ticket. How cool was that? I was really needing a ticket and didn't want to go home without seeing the game. Not to mention, it cost $20 to park! OUCH! My props and thanks to that guy for hooking me up with the ticket. You and your fans are the best hosts any NFL fan could imagine.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can you imagie the uproar if the Cards ever let Quan leave via free agency? I've never seen a player so widely liked by everyone.Has there ever been a bad post about him?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
I went to the training camp (the open practice where Shipp got hurt) anyway I have a football signed by Dockett,Dansby,Anquan, Freddie, DG and BJ and I ask Fitz to sign my ball, he wouldn't sign my ball with a silver sharpie (all sigs are in silver sharpie) so I just said its ok. I have no problem with him not signing my football. :shrug:

did he just not want to sign or was it the silver sharpie that turned him off?

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
2 sides to Fitz I have seen, At mini camp he was the nicest guy signing pics and taking pics. At Big Red Rage My brother Mark (has downs) went up to him to have him sign his hat and gave it to Fitz and started to tell him how good of a player he is, Fitz totally ignored every word Mark said and after he signed his hat didnt give it back to Mark, he gave it to a Cardinals employee to hand back to Mark even though Mark was 1 foot in front of him. So I really dont know about Fitz, But Quan IS THE MAN!!!!! I have talked with him for at least 20 Minutes a couple times at the Rage, He signs everything and takes tons of pics. Character is underrated IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05