Unbelievable Anquan story

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Can you imagie the uproar if the Cards ever let Quan leave via free agency? I've never seen a player so widely liked by everyone.Has there ever been a bad post about him?
He can't play QB and WR at the same time.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C-MACK said:
This is hilarious. The same guys who were crucifying Kasper for supposedly snubbing a kid are coming up with excuse after excuse for Fitz. Give me a break. Is Fitz a better player than Kasper....yes. Is Fitz a bigger jerk than Kasper.....possibly. Will people defend Fitz because he is a star....definitely. It's kind of funny how that works. Where is the Fitz is a jerk thread?

I'll start one if it would make you feel better. :D

Seriously, I don't care who the player is...not signing autographs without any explanation is ridiculous.

Here's a few ideas...

If his hand is hurt from just signing other autographs...he should say "Sorry, I just signed a ton of others...I'm giving my hand a rest."
If he just got bad news...he should say "I just got some bad news."
If he doesn't feel like it...he should say "Not today, sorry."
If his agent has told him not to...he should leave another way so it isn't as obvious that he's snubbing everyone or come out and say "I've been advised not to sign."
If he's really against signing for some other reason...he could pass out "business" cards that say "I met (fill-in-the-blank)"

Of course I find all of these scenarios to be ridiculous. All of this speculation could have been prevented by a few minutes of signing his name, even if he limited the number of signatures. Just a few and there would have been a lot less talk.

Bottom line: BIM has never refused to sign autographs at the halftime gatherings, unlike those nasty moderator brothers. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Can you imagine the uproar if the Cards ever let Quan leave via free agency? I've never seen a player so widely liked by everyone. Has there ever been a bad post about him?

Once somebody tried to create a thread which said Quan had dropped a pass, but we all know that has never happened, so it was not allowed. :D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
did he just not want to sign or was it the silver sharpie that turned him off?
It was the silver sharpie, but it would look weird if everybody else signed the ball a silver sharpie and his auto is black so I just said no thanks.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Can you imagie the uproar if the Cards ever let Quan leave via free agency? I've never seen a player so widely liked by everyone.Has there ever been a bad post about him?
Yeah I'll be pissed.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fitz doesn't sound like too nice of a guy to me. I hope he changes, it's just not too bright on his part to act the way he does. If his agent told him to do it, then he should get another agent. Funny comparison about Bonds, most people hate Bonds... What he did to 100%'s brother really pisses me off. I'll respect his playing ability but I doubt I'll respect him as a person after hearing about that and some of the other stories.....

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or maybe....he is just a Jacka$$

MaoTosiFanClub said:
Personally I could give a crap if Fitzgerald ignores autograph seekers. He's paid to catch TDs, not sign autographs. And who really knows why Fitz didn't oblige the autograph seekers. Maybe he saw the kid's scalper Dad waiting to snatch up the autographs. Maybe he just got in a fight with his girlfriend and didn't feel like dealing with anything. Or maybe he had just finished signing thirty autographs for thirty other kids.

AzWins23

Reaction score
I think there are more problems with this team than Fitz not signing autographs...Like Offensive Line???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
I think there are more problems with this team than Fitz not signing autographs...Like Offensive Line???

now THEY'RE not signing autographs either?!?

AzWins23

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
now THEY'RE not signing autographs either?!?

No i meant this is pointless to mention about Fitz.....I just think we should worry more about our Offensive Line than autographs

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
No i meant this is pointless to mention about Fitz.....I just think we should worry more about our Offensive Line than autographs

Well, it would be pointless to talk about the Offensive line since it's something we cant fix either, just like Fitz not signing autographs. :confused:

At least there is stuff to talk about this week, instead of why we lost.

AzWins23

Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Well, it would be pointless to talk about the Offensive line since it's something we cant fix either, just like Fitz not signing autographs. :confused:

At least there is stuff to talk about this week, instead of why we lost.

GOOD POINT!!!! :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
For example Barry Bonds does that because he would sign autographs for cute little kids and watch them walk over and hand them to not so cute adults who would hand the kid money. Why? Because those guys were professional autograph and card collectors who the players know and don't sign for(because they turn around and sell them on Ebay or what have you). So they now used kids, and homeless people to get autographs for them(apparently they learned that trick from ticket agents who often pay homeless people to stand in line and buy tickets to events like concerts.).

Bonds gets ripped for it but an analogy is giving 5 bucks to a homeless person and watching them walk into a 7/11 and buy alcohol with it when they said they needed money for food. I'd much rather buy them a sandwich, but where I used to virtually always give some change, I often don't now because I just assume they're not telling me the truth. same with some players and autographs.

They're people they have lives too and the difference is people don't come up to us asking for an autograph on our way home from work.

Finally someone with the voice of reason. :thumbup:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That pisses me off that Fitz acts like that.

Hope we don't end up getting duped believe another b/s story about a great character guy. ie: David Boston. All we heard when we got Boston was what a great guy he was, solid family, fathers a ref, sisters a lawyer. Turned out Boston was a piece of ****.

I don't think Fitz will end up to be the piece of crap Boston is but, this is a bad sign.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As long as he keeps doing this I don't care about autographs.

Attachments

• 14985856.jpg
    14985856.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 103

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Personally I could give a crap if Fitzgerald ignores autograph seekers. He's paid to catch TDs, not sign autographs. And who really knows why Fitz didn't oblige the autograph seekers. Maybe he saw the kid's scalper Dad waiting to snatch up the autographs. Maybe he just got in a fight with his girlfriend and didn't feel like dealing with anything. Or maybe he had just finished signing thirty autographs for thirty other kids.

He has a $60 million dollar contract. I don't think he is working too hard to sign autographs for little kids. But if Fitz don't want to acknowledge his fans that is his choice.

But that is why Quan has legions of fans, and is the fan favorite!

Quan is the MAN in Arizona.
:thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
For example Barry Bonds does that because he would sign autographs for cute little kids and watch them walk over and hand them to not so cute adults who would hand the kid money. Why? Because those guys were professional autograph and card collectors who the players know and don't sign for(because they turn around and sell them on Ebay or what have you). So they now used kids, and homeless people to get autographs for them(apparently they learned that trick from ticket agents who often pay homeless people to stand in line and buy tickets to events like concerts.).

Bonds gets ripped for it but an analogy is giving 5 bucks to a homeless person and watching them walk into a 7/11 and buy alcohol with it when they said they needed money for food. I'd much rather buy them a sandwich, but where I used to virtually always give some change, I often don't now because I just assume they're not telling me the truth. same with some players and autographs.

So using that reason I should never date another woman cause they all blow me off, or the relationship turns bad.

I should never get in my car cause I will just get in an accident.

I should never wach my clothes cause they will just get dirty.

That is a great post with good points.

But to let some greedy adults prevent a player from signing autographs, and prevent a player from inspiring todays youth, and giving them something to look up to is ridiculous.

Almost a metaphor for society.......to scared, and paraniod to do anything.

Sign the frickin autograph for pete's sake. So what if some shady bastard makes a quick buck off it. It is not like these players are strapped for cash, what do they want? Royalties off the eBay exchange?

Sign the autograph, inspire the youth of the nation. Make life long fans with your organization.

:thumbup:

BTW - Kinda of hypocritical of Fitz. Who was supplied with plenty of inspiration, and role models by having the luck/fortune to be a NFL ball boy. Not everyone gets to meet the NFL players when they are young. Not everyone has the oppourtunity to enjoy a day that you will remember for life. Fitz should be giving back to the youth what he was once given.

And if Fitz is worried about people selling his autograph....well I think the $50.00 you could make with it is not gonna break anyone's bank! You are a great player Fitz but you ain't no Barry Bonds......yet.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Finally someone with the voice of reason. :thumbup:

Yeah everybody loves Bonds right! :) His own teammates don't like him, most normal fans don't like him and he's probably the best baseball player who ever lived!!!

By the way..my comment is in reference to Russ mentioning how Bonds deals with fans to back up what Fitz does and joeshmoe saying Russ is the voice of reason...

Last edited by a moderator:

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
Yeah everybody loves Bonds right! :) His own teammates don't like him, most normal fans don't like him and he's probably the best baseball player who ever lived!!!

Finest product Balco ever created! :wave:

Cardinal Mike!!

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
What he did to 100%'s brother really pisses me off. I'll respect his playing ability but I doubt I'll respect him as a person after hearing about that and some of the other stories.....

Thanks Shane...When are you coming back to Az? Did you know that Darrell Ashford got murdered? Shot in the head in his parents driveway....

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I can't believe this has even become an issue.

We must be having a slow week for this to get so many pages...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05