Unfocused Rage! Top 5 most hated and why

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1. Dallas Cowboys -
"America's Team", "Hole in the roof so God can watch his team on Sundays" Those to quotes alone make me furious. Then on top of this is the constant bad behavior of the fans towards my fellow Cardinals fans. Michael Irvin

2. Seattle Seahawks -
The coach is a complainer, the QB is a jerk, and the fans whine about as much as the coach and QB combined. Have the Cardinals been a bad team in the past ? Sure. But the constant way we are percieved by the Seahawks as an easy win is getting annoying. It seems Matt H. always has an extra pole lodged in him when he plays us. Almost annoyed at the fact he even has to play the Cardinals. I am not a fan of Shaun Alexander either.

3. Pittsburg Steelers -
I HATE, HATE, HATE the "Steeler Nation". I hate Big Ben. I hate Troy Palomumalu. They never bothered me until this year. I can't stand how the Steeler fans flood national radio shows, polls, etc., etc. with nothing but Steeler B.S. Add on to that, how abrasive they are about everything. It also ticks me off that the Steeler are even considered a playoff team. Good luck with that up in Pittsburg.

4. St. Louis Rams -
I chalk this up to rivalry. The fans are cool, the team seems to be a bunch of good players. That being said I am tired of the Rams being rated above us as a team. The Rams are no better than the Cardinals. Plus the Rams ALWAYS steal a win from us every year. Whether it be the double fumbled snap, or the false start to end the game. It is always some B.S. that ends up with the Rams eeking out victory. It is frustrating seeing the Rams get the respect that I don't think they deserve. I think with the departures of Mike Martz, and Adam Archuleta they might fall off this list by next year..............HAHAHAHA! Just kidding Leonard Little will always be there to make sure I stay angry at the Rams.

5. Broncos/Pats -
For all the same reasons. Obnoxious fans. A feeling that they are never wrong, always right, and if they are not winning it is everyone else's fault but their own. For 2007, at least the Broncos have a team that they can justifiably say is a good team. The Pats are pure hype right now and may only make the playoffs because the AFC East is so weak. Player hating on: Jay Cutler, Javon Walker, Ian Gold, Tom Brady, Teddy Brushci, Mike Vrabel, Kevin Faulk.

Last edited:

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
1. Dallas Cowboys -
"America's Team", "Hole in the roof so God can watch his team on Sundays" Those to quotes alone make me furious. Then on top of this is the constant bad behavior of the fans towards my fellow Cardinals fans. Michael Irvin

2. Seattle Seahawks -
The coach is a complainer, the QB is a jerk, and the fans whine about as much as the coach and QB combined. Have the Cardinals been a bad team in the past ? Sure. But the constant way we are percieved by the Seahawks as an easy win is getting annoying. It seems Matt H. always has an extra pole lodged in him when he plays us. Almost annoyed at the fact he even has to play the Cardinals. I am not a fan of Shaun Alexander either.

3. Pittsburg Steelers -
I HATE, HATE, HATE the "Steeler Nation". I hate Big Ben. I hate Troy Palomumalu. They never bothered me until this year. I can't stand how the Steeler fans flood national radio shows, polls, etc., etc. with nothing but Steeler B.S. Add on to that, how abrasive they are about everything. It also ticks me off that the Steeler are even considered a playoff team. Good luck with that up in Pittsburg.

4. St. Louis Rams -
I chalk this up to rivalry. The fans are cool, the team seems to be a bunch of good players. That being said I am tired of the Rams being rated above us as a team. The Rams are no better than the Cardinals. Plus the Rams ALWAYS steal a win from us every year. Whether it be the double fumbled snap, or the false start to end the game. It is always some B.S. that ends up with the Rams eeking out victory. It is frustrating seeing the Rams get the respect that I don't think they deserve. I think with the departures of Mike Martz, and Adam Archuleta they might fall off this list by next year..............HAHAHAHA! Just kidding Leonard Little will always be there to make sure I stay angry at the Rams.

5. Broncos/Pats -
For all the same reasons. Obnoxious fans. A feeling that they are never wrong, always right, and if they are not winning it is everyone else's fault but their own. For 2007, at least the Broncos have a team that they can justifiably say is a good team. The Pats are pure hype right now and may only make the playoffs because the AFC East is so weak. Player hating on: Jay Cutler, Javon Walker, Ian Gold, Tom Brady, Teddy Brushci, Mike Vrabel, Kevin Faulk.

Good list & topic. For me most of the reasons goes to fans and/or media treatment. Or sometimes for no reason at all.

1. Pats
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Titans
5. Green Bay

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Somewhat different list for me...

Total dislike for:

1. Oakland Raiders - Everything associated with the team
2. S.F. 49ers - Fans, some players
3. Dallas Cowboys - Everything associated with the team
4. Pittsburgh Steelers - Fans
5. Miami Dolphins - Fans, Players and Sick of historical claims from both

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked the list but thought it should have included the Redskins and Eagles. I remember the hatred that I built up for them when we were in the NFC East.

MOST IMPORTANTLY--- How did the Bears not make the list? Last years game started a new rivalry for me. Obviously they wont play each other too often, but I will look forward to beating the snot out of them every time we play in the future.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Cowboys
2. Bears
3. Niners (in the future they will be a big rival imo)
4. Seahawks
5. Redskins

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Cowboys
Eagles

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Raiders
Rams
Bills
Niners
Cowboys

thos teams will probably always be in my top 5 - others that would be 6 a, 6b, etc would be the Chargers, Vikings (recently), Panthers, Jags, Steelers, Giants & Jets - the chiefs have moved off the list of hated teams

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bottom 5

1. Raiders - Team makes stupid moves, fans are horrible to sit in a game near.

2. Cowboys - Can't believe they aren't #1 on my most hated right now. Most of the fans are bad... heck, most of the fans don't understand football.

3. Bengals - I really liked seeing this team on the upswing the last couple years... but, they are paying too high a moral price now. Cut some folks, right now they are more like the Convicts.

4. Chargers - Another team I enjoyed seeing improve their lot in life... until they imploded this off season. I'm sorry if 15-1 wasn't good enough for you. Clearly, your coach had to go. Can't respect doing that to your fans.

5. Cowboys - if I can't list them number 1, I can at least list them twice.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I don't think I hate any team (sans Green Bay as a by product of Brett Favre and analysts giving him excuses for his mediocre play and overall slobbing him up) because I'm an overall fan of the NFL and good football, but if you put a gun to my head I'd probably go:

Green Bay ~ See above.

Seattle ~ Envy. Plain and simple. Like the fans, though.

Cleveland ~ Except a few players like Winslow II, Lang, Bodden, etc. I dislike the Browns just because Cleveland (as a franchise and a city) sucks. That and my grudge with Butch Davis for ditching the U.

Dallas ~ Because my mom is a Cowboy fan and I always used to root against them just to aggravate her. The games vs. Arizona are what got me into liking the Cards in the first place and they always go against some of my favorite players when they play the Redskins. When they don't play us or Washington I'm fine.

Can't really think of a fifth for various reasons.

AzWins23

Reaction score
I don't think I hate any team (sans Green Bay as a by product of Brett Favre and analysts giving him excuses for his mediocre play and overall slobbing him up) because I'm an overall fan of the NFL and good football, but if you put a gun to my head I'd probably go:

Green Bay ~ See above.

Seattle ~ Envy. Plain and simple. Like the fans, though.

Cleveland ~ Except a few players like Winslow II, Lang, Bodden, etc. I dislike the Browns just because Cleveland (as a franchise and a city) sucks. That and my grudge with Butch Davis for ditching the U.

Dallas ~ Because my mom is a Cowboy fan and I always used to root against them just to aggravate her. The games vs. Arizona are what got me into liking the Cards in the first place and they always go against some of my favorite players when they play the Redskins. When they don't play us or Washington I'm fine.

Can't really think of a fifth for various reasons.

I don't know how you can say the franchise sucks? If your talking about since they moved, i can agree with you, but if your talking about the franchise as a whole, then i disagree with you entirely.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I don't know how you can say the franchise sucks? If your talking about since they moved, i can agree with you, but if your talking about the franchise as a whole, then i disagree with you entirely.
Yeah, since they moved, not overall. That would be blasphemous.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well really, the ravens are the browns right? and all theyr tradition. The new browns are just a remake. Right? who owns thwe ravens? the old browns owners? or did they sell a franchise to someone else and rename it only to open theyrs back up years later?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Bears
2. Green Bay
3. NY Giants
4. Broncos
5. Arizona Cardinals (love/hate masochistic incurable problem)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Well really, the ravens are the browns right? and all theyr tradition. The new browns are just a remake. Right? who owns thwe ravens? the old browns owners? or did they sell a franchise to someone else and rename it only to open theyrs back up years later?

part of the deal with the ravens forming out of the browns organization was that the city of cleveland would keep ownership of the browns names, traditions, history, etc

both my brother and dad are browns fans and they have no attachment to baltimore - to them it's just like any other team sale

in fact, in cleveland they have a really cool browns hall of fame in the stadium

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
bronco fans just need to get over 3 things
1. Elway is not in the league anymore
2. Cutler will never be better than Leinart
3. OJ's bronco is much more famous.

MrRogers

Reaction score
1. Cowboys - annoying fans, annoying owner, annoying players
2. Bears - 2 words - Rex Grossman
3. Broncos - the most boring team in football. Win by putting opposing team to sleep
4. Raiders - somehow make good talent bad
5. Colts - well, just don't like them

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here in Baltimore, they just consider the Ravens the reincarnated Colts. They really hate Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, Tennessee and Cleveland, but to them the Colts are Satan's spawn.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Eagles -- I am slightly surprised that no one else has mentioned this team. (Philly must be sleeping.) I'm sure this stems from watching too many Eagles-Cards games alone at the Vet and hearing too many E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles! chants at the game, the bar, the Flyers game, the U2 concert, church ... I could go on, but you get the picture. Plus, Eagles fans are some of the dumbest and biggest homers I have ever come across.

2. Vikings -- This mostly stems from the playoff loss.

3. Bears -- Way too many fans out here in AZ.

4. Raiders -- Their fans don't deserve a "nation."

5. Seahawks -- I just think they're overrated ... all the time.