Veronica Mars: Season 3

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a pretty decent episode - as always I love the interplay between veronica & keith

also a new twist for the echols watchers - not to mention sheriff mars - WOW!

No kidding!!!

I can't believe Sheriff Lamb is dead! I mean, really? After 3 seasons?

I am going to miss him...in a weird way.

Good episode, and nice to see Logan having some fun out there.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding!!!

I can't believe Sheriff Lamb is dead! I mean, really? After 3 seasons?

I am going to miss him...in a weird way.

Good episode, and nice to see Logan having some fun out there.

Re: Your spoiler.

I KNOW! I was a bit shocked and had the same reaction as you.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually...

i thought he died at the end of season 2. didn't he get on the plane or helicopter that exploded with the casablancas kid, the one that keith would have been on?

He didn't get on the plane, he stayed back to get some PR facetime, IIRC.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhh... ok.

To further...Lamb didn't want Keith getting the credit by getting off the plane with the mayor, and he was going to be there to meet the press and the plane, with Keith driving back home, nowhere in sight. Lamb was in Neptune at the time arresting good old Weevil I think.

OP
OP
jenna2891

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
To further...Lamb didn't want Keith getting the credit by getting off the plane with the mayor, and he was going to be there to meet the press and the plane, with Keith driving back home, nowhere in sight. Lamb was in Neptune at the time arresting good old Weevil I think.

maybe i'm just remembering it wrong, but

i was sure that keith was about to walk the kid on the plane and then lamb stopped him and took over. hmmm... i guess i'll have to re-watch that scene tonight.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe i'm just remembering it wrong, but

i was sure that keith was about to walk the kid on the plane and then lamb stopped him and took over. hmmm... i guess i'll have to re-watch that scene tonight.

Went to TWOP on this one.

Remember, Keith was in Nevada arresting Woody (not Beav...Beav blew up the plane in front of Veronica). Keith was told not to get on the plane, but not in person by Lamb.

And then Veronica wakes up and runs into the Mars kitchen calling for her dad, but instead finds Logan making breakfast. Veronica's face breaks again as she fully recovers from the dream, and Logan takes her in his arms again. He repeatedly tells her he's sorry, until Keith's voice breaks in from his bedroom. Veronica jumps into his arms, and this is touching but again a little cheap -- Keith didn't think to get in touch with Veronica at all? Did he not see a missed call from her? Plus, did he not hear about The Woodman's pedophilic ashes raining down on Neptune? I'd think that would be enough to make him want to check in on his daughter. Anyway, the point is that Lamb didn't want Keith arriving in front of the press in his Woodman-capturing glory, so he had them take Keith off the plane at the last minute. People wondered whether this meant that Lamb was on the plane, but I'm not sure there's any indication Lamb ever even went to Nevada -- he could have made that call from off-site. But it's good to know that Lamb's petty vindictiveness can be used for good as well as evil. Anyway, Keith says that he was a little surprised to find Logan on the couch, but he apparently just let him sleep. I guess since all the lamps were intact, there was no cause for alarm. Anyway, the mention of Logan's name makes Veronica realize that he's out the door already. Keith asks about Beaver.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/articles/content/a11973/index-13.html

If I'm not mistaken, they addressed this in Season 3 as well to clarify but I'm not sure.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they just kill it rather than overhaul it.

Via tvsquad.com;

Veronica Mars cancelled?
Posted Mar 15th 2007 11:07PM by Isabelle Carreau
Filed under: Veronica Mars, The CW, Cancellations

The axe has fallen. Well, sort of. The network still has to confirm it but many solid sources have told E! Online's Kristin Veitch that Veronica Mars would not be coming back for a fourth season.

The CW show has been struggling in ratings since its premiere on UPN. However, a good fan base helped get the show renewed up to a third season even though it moved around the schedule a bit. Many fans and TV critics were optimistic that the Gilmore Girls/Veronica Mars pairing would work well for both shows and bring in enough ratings. However, it seems it wasn't enough to secure a fourth season for this gem of a show featuring Kristen Bell.

Kristin Veitch also reports that show creator Rob Thomas revealed earlier this week that things were not looking good for the show. He told E! gossip queen: "I've never been less certain of our fate. I'm afraid I've gone from cautiously optimistic to something less than that."

It is unknown what the cast will do beyond next year. However, regular Chris Lowell, who's been playing Piz, will be part of the Grey's Anatomy potential spin-off episodes to air on ABC in May.

Veronica Mars' five remaining episodes will air without reruns starting on May 1.

This is just in...

Some sources, including a confirmed CW source who posts at Television Without Pity and Kristin's updated post, reveal that the show may be back but with a major overhaul. Word is that the show, if it returns for a fourth season, could be set at least four years in the future and focus on Veronica Mars, the FBI agent! TV Guide reports that the plan would be to have Veronica at the FBI academy. In any case, there would be a time jump, Veronica would be with the FBI in some capacity and ... most of the current regulars would not return for this new season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word is that the show, if it returns for a fourth season, could be set at least four years in the future and focus on Veronica Mars, the FBI agent! TV Guide reports that the plan would be to have Veronica at the FBI academy. In any case, there would be a time jump, Veronica would be with the FBI in some capacity and ... most of the current regulars would not return for this new season.

:|

Stoo-pid.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I clicked this thread to see if the news was here, as I am trying to avoid S3 spoilers (although this threads seems to have plenty of spoliers)

Sad times really. A gem of a show indeed.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I agree...i think Veronica Mars in the FBI would be cool.

I think the show has lot a little bit of excitement since moving to college. Wallace is hardly around. Piz is lame. Weevil is a janitor. Logan seems less cool. The rape arc was decent but the murder arc was subpar.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't start getting down yet--just last week there was another "rumor" that they had renewed it.

Everyone will know what's going on in about 4 weeks when next year's lineup is revealed.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I, for one, am shocked Nickelodeon would cancel Veronica Mars. Most kids seemed to like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05