Vikings home game?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyoen see their defense waving their arms to get louder?

Cardinals should be required to locate or be delisted from the NFL. Its a shamockery out there.

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Did anyoen see their defense waving their arms to get louder?

Cardinals should be required to locate or be delisted from the NFL. Its a shamockery out there.

Must be a lot of snow birds down there. With the blizzard we have going on now, I can't blame them.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
When I was at Sky Harbor last week there were a ton of people coming off a plane with Vikings gear on...I figured there were going to be a lot of them. Its an easy excuse to leave that wintry Hell for AZ for a long weekend.

AzWins23

Reaction score
Really really sad! We don't have a home field at all. There had to be about 20,000 vikings fans there. Does anyone really want to have a home playoff game in Arizona? I would really hate to see how many Cowboy fans would fill up the stadium

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Really really sad! We don't have a home field at all. There had to be about 20,000 vikings fans there. Does anyone really want to have a home playoff game in Arizona? I would really hate to see how many Cowboy fans would fill up the stadium

20K?? I would say more like 30K+ it was 50/50......worse than the Cowboys game

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well they'd have to get there first. but I did hear about all the vike fans. I don't think there will be as many fans selling out in the playoffs. what I will say is that the cards do have a very loud stadium....even in the game I went to you had both fanbases yelling at the same time trying to drown out each other. that was probally the most consistent noise I've ever heard in one game.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was odd to see Jared Allen waving his arms for crowd noise while on the road. I felt like smacking him to be honest. Would of had about the same impact as Gandy did on him today.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This sucks. I wanted to throw up seeing so much purple in the stands and the noise they were making. This really felt like a road game both from crowd and performnace perspectives.

AzWins23

Reaction score
How about some fans stop selling out there team to make a dollar? I'm not saying all cardinals fans are but if you have tickets and you can't go to the game, just give them to other cardinals fans. im sick of seeing our stadium over-runned by other team fans.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How about some fans stop selling out there team to make a dollar? I'm not saying all cardinals fans are but if you have tickets and you can't go to the game, just give them to other cardinals fans. im sick of seeing our stadium over-runned by other team fans.

being a transient town hurts. Thats why when Minn, Denver, Green Bay, and others come to town, they take over.

This team has to do some miraculous things over the next couple of years in order for fans to buy tickets and hang on to them. Like win a championship and be a contender year after year.

Even still, look at San Diego. That is another transient town, but their team is always a contender. Their games have a large following of the opposition when they play at home.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was easily the biggest crowd for the opposing team that we've had in this new stadium.

It was terrible. Way too much purple. Not SDS-like, but damn close.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There was so much purple on TV that I thought we were playing at the Metrodome. Ok I'm exaggerating a little but I was tottally shocked.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup. Lots of Vikes fans. Definitely the worst game this year.

Was odd to see Jared Allen waving his arms for crowd noise while on the road. I felt like smacking him to be honest. Would of had about the same impact as Gandy did on him today.

That pissed me off something fierce! Where the hell do you think you are? Oops. Sorry. Can see how you would be confused since half the freaking stadium was rooting for you.

Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. I don't think I have ever been this pissed off after a game, at least not this year.

:bang:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Lots of Vikes fans. Definitely the worst game this year.

That pissed me off something fierce! Where the hell do you think you are? Oops. Sorry. Can see how you would be confused since half the freaking stadium was rooting for you.

Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. I don't think I have ever been this pissed off after a game, at least not this year.

:bang:

after the game? you were beyond pissed when I saw you at Halftime.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
From the after game presser:

Childress said he asked his team before the game "Where do we play our best ball?"

"And they said 'Home,'" Childress said. "I said, 'You see all those purple jerseys in the stands out there?' I said, 'It's going to be a home environment. We're going to make it a home environment.' I was glad we were able to do that."

What a disgrace. All those fans who knowingly sold their tickets to Viking fans should be tied and quartered. The perception is going to be SOC nationally until this crap changes....

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shocked? People we are in a recession. Fans probably sold their tickets so they can afford playoff seats. No worries. Everything will be more in line come playoff time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were more Vikings fans there today than any other team ever in the history of UofP. More than the Bears, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Giants...

I don't care how it's explained, but it sucked. We were louder, but the team gave us so little to get excited about today.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shocked? People we are in a recession. Fans probably sold their tickets so they can afford playoff seats. No worries. Everything will be more in line come playoff time.

Evidently the recession hasn't affected Minnesota because their fans could not only afford the tickets they could also afford the plane tickets and hotels too.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Evidently the recession hasn't affected Minnesota because their fans could not only afford the tickets they could also afford the plane tickets and hotels too.
I guarantee most of those people did not fly into town this weekend or stay in hotels. They live here. Half the retirees in the valley are from Minnesota or Canada. There is not a day that goes by that I don't run into people coming from or going to Minnesota.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the after game presser:

Childress said he asked his team before the game "Where do we play our best ball?"

"And they said 'Home,'" Childress said. "I said, 'You see all those purple jerseys in the stands out there?' I said, 'It's going to be a home environment. We're going to make it a home environment.' I was glad we were able to do that."

What a disgrace. All those fans who knowingly sold their tickets to Viking fans should be tied and quartered. The perception is going to be SOC nationally until this crap changes....

:barf:

DAMN that pisses me off.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Blame the team. They could have shut up the opposing fans, but they decided to take the day off and not show up instead.

Exactly. :bang:

At least most of the Vikes fans were nice. Unlike the Cowboy fans.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after the game? you were beyond pissed when I saw you at Halftime.

Well, yeah.

I think you use the term "fans" lightly in your statement.

What makes you think these same "fans" won't sell their playoff tickets to make a buck? I'm sorry, but fans selling their tickets pisses me off. I could have used an extra $150 this week to pay my freaking bills, but I still went to the suck ass game and didn't sell my tickets, though now I kinda wish I had since I had such a freaking horrible time being surrounded by Vikes fans and watching my team suck ass.

And I could CERTAINLY use the $512 (plus the interest I will pay on my CC) that I spent on my playoff tickets.

But I can't bring myself to sell those tickets. I'll eat pasta and drink water from the faucet for the next four months because I want to be there. Win big or lose miserably. I will be there. That is how I roll.