Walton's Foot Was on The Line

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ode to Ocho said:
Pretty horrible logic. No standing over him did not warrant a suspension. Stop reaching.

It's called showboating. And your boy David Stern has preached till he's blue in the face that he won't stand for it.

Luke tried to hold the guy up on the way down for god's sake. It was not intentional. It was a hard foul, called correctly.

You are exactly why basketball has degraded into a joke. I wish I could time warp back to 80's where people wouldn't not cry murder over good hard fouls.

Typical Laker fan, someone disagrees with you and you start throwing out accusations like "you are exactly why basketball has degraded into a joke." No, basketball has degraded to a joke because bandwagon teams like the Lakers need help to keep the league making money.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ode to Ocho said:
Man, I feel sorry for the Suns.

Can't believe their fans would be reduced to this.

Let's talk about a troll Laker fan who comes to a Suns board just to denigrate their fans. I certainly don't feel sorry for the Lakers, but I feel pretty sorry for you, kid.

Ode to Ocho

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Let's talk about a troll Laker fan who comes to a Suns board just to denigrate their fans. I certainly don't feel sorry for the Lakers, but I feel pretty sorry for you, kid.

Lets talk about a Suns' fan that is in denial about his team getting dominated in the playoffs.

xmykro

Reaction score
Wow, you Suns fans are some of the biggest whiners in the league. Conveniently you guys forget the Lakers got screwed the 1st game of the series, when Tim Thomas blatantly hit Kobe in the head with no-call. Tim Thomas even admitted it! Also Steve Nash PUSHED-OFF just before he received the last inbounds pass! I don't see you crying about that, why not?

Quit acting like you guys are underdogs. Your team is playing a freakin' SEVENTH SEED - Your team is the SECOND SEED. Taking the whoopings like men. All the tears coming out of your eyes isn't gonna win the series for you. Your team is gonna have to grow a pair and beat this 7th seed Lakers team.

xmykro

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I don't see Suns fans complaing about this? I wonder why!? Cry babies.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chap's a good guy Ocho...somehow misguided by living in LA and cheering for the Suns, but he and I balance each other out.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xmykro said:

Nash pushed a guy to the floor while facing the opposite direction? LOL! Little Steve Nash is so strong!

xmykro

Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Nash pushed a guy to the floor while facing the opposite direction? LOL! Little Steve Nash is so strong!

Opposite direction?! His arm pushes off straight to the chest when he tries to make space with the defender!

BTW: Kobe got fouled by Boris Diaw on his layup attempt that sent the game to overtime. Anyone without bias eyes could see this.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
In the first photo Nash is looking right at Sasha. He even has his hands on him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Card Trader said:

Oh CT, don't pretend here. Nash pushed skinny as a rail Sasha off, and yes Sasha put a bit of flop in it, but Nash absolutely pushed off. Don't tell me you didn't see that but did see Luke fouling.

I saw both. How about you?

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If any of you think that what Nash did is different than what ANY player does multiple times a game you are nuts. Sasha flopped, obviously.

Djaughe

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
...I saw both. How about you?

Clearly the photos show that sasha was trying to instigate a foul by bumping into nash. :D

Ode to Ocho

Registered
Reaction score
Hilarious double standard.

Yeah, Phoenix should of won that game. Suns just got beat by the best basketball player on planet. Nothing you could do really, had two guys in his face, he still made a couple of bizzaro shots.

Harping on calls is the way of Queens fans. Don't stoop to their level.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
xmykro said:

Did Nash push off so hard that it caused Sasha to fall or did Sasha flop? Did Luke Walton set a moving screen at the end of regulation to allow Kobe the space he needed to make the shot or was it a legal move? Did Kobe charge Nash on his dunk in game 2 or should Nash have been called for blocking? Maybe a no call was the correct call in that situation. These are called judgement calls.

Luke Walton stepping out of bounds while touching the ball is not a judgement call it is a violation, just like double dribbling, over and back and the ball hitting the 24 shot clock.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I see it was you had a couple of questionable calls by the refs. Kobe made two amazing shots.

The refs aren't known for being good shooters. We may have been given an opportunity to do something, but we actually DID something.

Kobe misses one of those two shots, and the series is tied.

Anything can happen, from bad calls to missed or made shots. The fact remains that the Lakers are playing the Suns far better than ANY Suns fan on this board thought they would. Talks of sweeps and 5 game series are the past. Talks of run run run and Kobe's a ballhog aren't bandied about.

It's easy to lay the series on the refs right now, but I've only seen a few solid posters say they were wrong that the Lakers were a terrible mismatch, so much that the Suns wanted this team as badly as the terrorists wanted 72 virgins.

If the Lakers sucked as much as most fans thought they did, and the matchup was as lopsided as said by many analysts, then a few arguably bad calls in each game shouldn't have even made a difference. The Suns should have stomped this seven seed, and moved on. Now they face three closeout games in the best case scenario.

All I've said from the start was to give the Lakers a modicum of respect. Very few did. Even if the Suns come back and win this, at least I'd hope to see more of you giving the Lakers that. You know, the team a few of you called the worst team in the West, and a couple called the worst in the PLAYOFFS!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
it is a violation, just like double dribbling,

Ooooh, interesting you bring this up, since Tim Thomas BLATANTLY double dribbled in the first half, putting both hands on the ball and then taking another dribble and hitting a shot.

But guess what...that wasn't called.

Bad calls happen all the time. Every game. Some are worse than others, and we tend to fixate on the ones that happen late in games, while ignoring other bad calls earlier in games. That's the way it goes.

If I were a Suns fan, I personally would be FAR more upset that with Kobe sitting down almost the entire 2nd quarter, the Lakers were still +2. You want to win a series and dominate a team, you need to put boot-to-throat when their star sits early with 3 fouls at the start of the 2nd. And that reminds me...if the refs REALLY wanted to fix something, do you think they'd drop the Lakers into that situtation if they wanted them to win?

You ask for the turning point of that game? Not anything at the end where we lucked out completely...it was the 2nd quarter where you failed to take advantage of our bench and went to halftime with a tie. You gave every Laker player life when that happened....

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Ooooh, interesting you bring this up, since Tim Thomas BLATANTLY double dribbled in the first half, putting both hands on the ball and then taking another dribble and hitting a shot.

But guess what...that wasn't called.

Bad calls happen all the time. Every game. Some are worse than others, and we tend to fixate on the ones that happen late in games, while ignoring other bad calls earlier in games. That's the way it goes.

If I were a Suns fan, I personally would be FAR more upset that with Kobe sitting down almost the entire 2nd quarter, the Lakers were still +2. You want to win a series and dominate a team, you need to put boot-to-throat when their star sits early with 3 fouls at the start of the 2nd. And that reminds me...if the refs REALLY wanted to fix something, do you think they'd drop the Lakers into that situtation if they wanted them to win?

You ask for the turning point of that game? Not anything at the end where we lucked out completely...it was the 2nd quarter where you failed to take advantage of our bench and went to halftime with a tie. You gave every Laker player life when that happened....

A call or non-call that happens early in the game has an indirect outcome on the game, because there are so many variables that can happen from that point on that could determine the outcome of a game. A call (or non-call in this case) that happens with 6 seconds left directly affects the outcome of a game because the number of variables in a span of 6 seconds is severely limited in comparison to even a close game with 2 minutes left.

I'm not saying the refs wanted the Lakers to win, I'm just saying they missed an obvious call. Whether one of the refs saw Walton's foot out of bounds or not is something none of us will ever know.

Regardless, the Suns, particularly Nash, did miss many shots in the final minutes of this game. If Nash makes even one of those 3's we aren't even talking about this right now.

asudevil83

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
The way I see it was you had a couple of questionable calls by the refs. Kobe made two amazing shots.

The refs aren't known for being good shooters. We may have been given an opportunity to do something, but we actually DID something.

Anything can happen, from bad calls to missed or made shots. The fact remains that the Lakers are playing the Suns far better than ANY Suns fan on this board thought they would. Talks of sweeps and 5 game series are the past. Talks of run run run and Kobe's a ballhog aren't bandied about.

It's easy to lay the series on the refs right now, but I've only seen a few solid posters say they were wrong that the Lakers were a terrible mismatch, so much that the Suns wanted this team as badly as the terrorists wanted 72 virgins.

If the Lakers sucked as much as most fans thought they did, and the matchup was as lopsided as said by many analysts, then a few arguably bad calls in each game shouldn't have even made a difference. The Suns should have stomped this seven seed, and moved on. Now they face three closeout games in the best case scenario.

All I've said from the start was to give the Lakers a modicum of respect. Very few did. Even if the Suns come back and win this, at least I'd hope to see more of you giving the Lakers that. You know, the team a few of you called the worst team in the West, and a couple called the worst in the PLAYOFFS!

i agree. i completely underestimated the coaching quality of Phil, and additionally how much the lack of size would impact the matchups.

the suns can easily outrun any team...but when an oppenent slows down the game to a half court style, plus has the size to overpower the suns down low, PLUS has the speed to match the sun's running.....well then we have a problem.

the lakers have managed to play with the suns strengths while exploiting their weaknesses. if the suns had either thomas or amare, we'd be seeing something completely different.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
the lakers have managed to play with the suns strengths while exploiting their weaknesses. if the suns had either thomas or amare, we'd be seeing something completely different.

I agree.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Dog Lou said:
How 'bout Marions 6th foul, have any pictures of that. It cost Us 5 points.

I don't get it. Marion's 5th and 6th fouls were both very legit. His bad for not knowing he had 5, and playing as such.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
Regardless, the Suns, particularly Nash, did miss many shots in the final minutes of this game. If Nash makes even one of those 3's we aren't even talking about this right now.

I'm wondering about Nash's back...he grabbed it right away after that late shot and that didn't look good.

This was the best game the Suns have played in this series...they negated the points in the paint, kept rebounding at even and had a lot of lob passes. I was very upset at the way the Lakers played even though they somehow pulled out a victory. They didn't play like the first three games.

If the Lakers come out like game 4, they lose game 5. If they come out like the other games, they can close it out.

I sure hope they aren't reading their own press...because if they are, this series is still ON like a ****.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I agree that the Lakers' have played far better ball than us, especially in the paint. They've neutralized Marion while Kwame and Odom have eaten us alive inside. And Phil Jackson has controlled the pace of the game better than any other opposing coach has against the Suns.

However I feel the Suns have fallen out of favor with the officials. The way Kwame acted after throwing Diaw to the ground was completely unacceptable. In any other game he would have been tossed and suspended for the game. Any fan of the game that hasn't noticed the way Stern has removed this "taunting" element to the game, hasn't followed recent suspensions in the NBA.

The steal at the end of the game was horrible. Without even seeing that Walton was out of bounds, the call was wrong. You can't tie somebody up when you are reaching around their body for the ball. Once contact is made, its a reaching in foul regardless of the outcome of the steal attempt. I thought this to be an obvious foul and the Lakers would be content to let the Suns shoot free throws. But apparently the 2 officials staring right at the play must have let their mind wonder off......

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

This is Suns' board. What kind of respect do you want? We had 0-8 record against Laker and you are telling me we should have rooted for Kings instead?

And as far as I know, you guys were the ones IMAGINING the disrespect. I don't recall Suns saying that they will sweep Laker. (I voted for Suns in Game 6 if you want to know) Our regular season record againsst Laker doesn't need to give us a reason to "FEAR" Laker, the way we fear Spurs.

Again, this is mainly a Suns' forum. This is not a general forum where you have different fans posting. If you want people telling you "SEE, I TOLD YOU LAKER WOULD WIN!!" go to general forums. If you want people suck your toes, go somewhere else. You ain't getting it here. The poll here are mainly voted by SUNS FANS. Why would they vote for Laker when we had great record against Laker? Would you vote for Laker if you knew your team won 8 times? Stop spinning it dude. You are pissed because you are not seeing the result you want to us (this is trolling by the way). The ONLY reason you have the nuts to come here and said "I told you to give respect" is because we are not a full team. This is Plan C team. Plan A with Amare and Plan B with Kurt Thomas. this is a Plan C team and coach D has no other pieces to play with. Oh wait, you probably never thought about that....

I thought you were better than a-bomb and other trollers since you didn't post yesterday. We needed time to calm down after that ugly loss. Now you are asking for "respect"? Dude, give it up please.

Last edited: