We should have drafted Pacman

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
He shut down Anquan yesterday-completly. They played man up and he did a phenomenal job not letting him off the line all day long. Cards had to revert to reverses to get Anquan the ball yesterday. This from a guy who is practically half Anquans size.

He is an exciting player that will be considered a "shut down" corner in years to come and with the added threat of his exciting punt returns, he should have been the pick instead of Rolle.

Now granted he was gone by the time the Cards picked, but from all I have heard from Green post draft was that Rolle was the guy. Rediculous! He will be good as well but not as a CB.

Best pure cover corner in the draft last year imo

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
He shut down Anquan yesterday-completly. They played man up and he did a phenomenal job not letting him off the line all day long. Cards had to revert to reverses to get Anquan the ball yesterday. This from a guy who is practically half Anquans size.

He is an exciting player that will be considered a "shut down" corner in years to come and with the added threat of his exciting punt returns, he should have been the pick instead of Rolle.

Now granted he was gone by the time the Cards picked, but from all I have heard from Green post draft was that Rolle was the guy. Rediculous! He will be good as well but not as a CB.

Im quite happy with Rolle. Not only will he be a great cover corner, he will shut down sweeps ran his way. How many CB's do that?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasn't Pacman already allowed 6 passing TD's this year? I think they said that during the game yesterday.

at the half Rob Moore said the Cards were letting Pacman off the hook, that they were jumping all the short routes instead of attacking him downfield. He said if you ask around everyone will tell you while he's very fast, he has problems in space and that's why he gives up so many TD passes.

But you have to give him credit despite the drops he completely shut Anquan out.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacman was on BJ a lot yesterday. In fact, I think it was BJ he tackled instead of guarding for what would have been a sure touchdown in the SEZ, and got called for pass interference instead.

I wasn't all that impressed with Pacman personally; Boldin was open and dropped the ball, caught the ball out of bounds, was open and not thrown to or the ball wasn't thrown anywhere near him by "can't throw on the run" McCown. Heck, I might have been able to "shut down" Boldin yesterday. And I could have tackled BJ after getting burnt by him just as easily as Jones. :shrug:

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, wasn't Pacman selected before our pick?

Maybe we should have drafted Cadillac Williams too.

The Shark

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin toasted pacman and force pacman to tackle him for a pass interference call. That would have been a TD.

Pacman didn't do anything returning the ball either.

I'm not very impressed.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
Uh, wasn't Pacman selected before our pick?

Maybe we should have drafted Cadillac Williams too.

The Shark
And we should have drafted Alex Smith.

Stupid Cardinals.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
earthsci said:
And we should have drafted Alex Smith.

Stupid Cardinals.

No, we should have signed Peyton Manning as a free agent.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Boldins head shut Boldin out yesterday. Not Pacman. Bolidin had three good balls right in his hands that he flat out dropped. He had the other 40 yard bomb that all he had to to was tap his toe and it would have been a catch. Another mental error. For soem reason or another he just didnt show up mentally yesterday.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
For the most part -- the Titans played zone behind both corners

freebyrd

Reaction score
Boldin toasted pacman and force pacman to tackle him for a pass interference call. That would have been a TD.
wasn't that bj on that play?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Much to early to label either of these the best or even if they will be better than average.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Hasn't Pacman already allowed 6 passing TD's this year? I think they said that during the game yesterday.

at the half Rob Moore said the Cards were letting Pacman off the hook, that they were jumping all the short routes instead of attacking him downfield. He said if you ask around everyone will tell you while he's very fast, he has problems in space and that's why he gives up so many TD passes.

But you have to give him credit despite the drops he completely shut Anquan out.

Rob Moore... like, the old Cards receiver? He is doing radio annoucing? or am i missing something?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
Rob Moore... like, the old Cards receiver? He is doing radio annoucing? or am i missing something?

he was in the booth at halftime on Sirius radio.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Boldins head shut Boldin out yesterday. Not Pacman. Bolidin had three good balls right in his hands that he flat out dropped. He had the other 40 yard bomb that all he had to to was tap his toe and it would have been a catch. Another mental error. For soem reason or another he just didnt show up mentally yesterday.

McCown threw the ball to Boldin only 4 times yesterday. On one play in the first quarter the ball popped out when he hit the ground. There was one out where it hit him in the hands and he should have had it for a first.

On the 40 yard bomb that was McCowns fault. If McCown throws it over Boldins inside shoulder, Boldin scores a TD.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
McCown threw the ball to Boldin only 4 times yesterday. On one play in the first quarter the ball popped out when he hit the ground. There was one out where it hit him in the hands and he should have had it for a first.

On the 40 yard bomb that was McCowns fault. If McCown throws it over Boldins inside shoulder, Boldin scores a TD.

Nope I counted sepcifically three dropped balls. That was both times I watched the game. Sorry but if Boldin had his head in the game he could have easily drug his foot on that long ball. McCown had good placement.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Nope I counted sepcifically three dropped balls. That was both times I watched the game. Sorry but if Boldin had his head in the game he could have easily drug his foot on that long ball. McCown had good placement.

I was sitting right at the 40 yard line across the field. The way I saw it was Boldin was looking over his left shoulder streaking down the sideline. As the ball approached him he had to adjust to it because it was drifting to over his outside shoulder. Boldin had to tilt his head straight backwards while he headed towards the sideline to make the catch. To concentrate and make a catch like that is amazing. Having to look back like that there is no way he could have know where the sideline was.

Again if that ball was thrown over his left shoulder it would have been a TD. I credit McCown for excaping the pressure. I credit McCown for finding the Open WR. I blame McCown for blowing the throw and costing us a TD.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I was sitting right at the 40 yard line across the field. The way I saw it was Boldin was looking over his left shoulder streaking down the sideline. As the ball approached him he had to adjust to it because it was drifting to over his outside shoulder. Boldin had to tilt his head straight backwards while he headed towards the sideline to make the catch. To concentrate and make a catch like that is amazing. Having to look back like that there is no way he could have know where the sideline was.

Again if that ball was thrown over his left shoulder it would have been a TD. I credit McCown for excaping the pressure. I credit McCown for finding the Open WR. I blame McCown for blowing the throw and costing us a TD.

Thats nice you had a good view. But I had a better view sitting in my living room with slow motion replay from more than one angle.

Even if boldin didnt know where the sideline was a good WR with his head in the game will make an attempt to tiptoe the line no matter what in that situation. Just in case he may be close to the outside. Boldin didnt even try.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks on Adam Jones - the guy is a total buffoon who has no respect for anyone, and odds on the which comes first jail/ProBowl heavily favor Jail.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
No thanks on Adam Jones - the guy is a total buffoon who has no respect for anyone, and odds on the which comes first jail/ProBowl heavily favor Jail.
Are you having a good time gloating?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Thats nice you had a good view. But I had a better view sitting in my living room with slow motion replay from more than one angle.

Even if Boldin didnt know where the sideline was a good WR with his head in the game will make an attempt to tiptoe the line no matter what in that situation. Just in case he may be close to the outside. Boldin didnt even try.

Even if you are correct and Boldin didn't want to be in bounds. It doesn't excuse the fact that McCown blew the throw. I still say it would have been a TD if thrown properly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05