We should have drafted Pacman

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
No thanks on Adam Jones - the guy is a total buffoon who has no respect for anyone, and odds on the which comes first jail/ProBowl heavily favor Jail.

How is he a total baffon? Because he got int rouble witht he law? I dont think you know much about him. This was the first time he has ever been in trouble at while at WVU was one of there defensive captains and team leaders. Dude is all heart and plays 100% on all downs.

You can lump him into the "thug" category if you want but you might try taking a look at his background before you cast such expersions. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Boldin toasted pacman and force pacman to tackle him for a pass interference call. That would have been a TD.

Pacman didn't do anything returning the ball either.

I'm not very impressed.

He had a 32 yard return (which by the way is longer than any returnt he Cards hasve had all year) and avergaed 13.2 per punt return...of course that pails in comparison to Swintons 2.5 avg. and longets of 5 yards!.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why is this thread on this board? We couldn't have drafted him. It's not a subject pertaining to the Cardinals.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Boldins head shut Boldin out yesterday. Not Pacman. Bolidin had three good balls right in his hands that he flat out dropped. He had the other 40 yard bomb that all he had to to was tap his toe and it would have been a catch. Another mental error. For soem reason or another he just didnt show up mentally yesterday.

I dunno they barely threw him the ball and Jones was drapped on him all day. Seems to me Anquan wasnt opne much. Furthermore, Pacman frustrated Anquan so much that he went after Pacman and pushed him causing an offesnive pass interference call against him.

I think you are right about Quans head, but it sems to me Pacman was the one in his head!! :shrug:

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Why is this thread on this board? We couldn't have drafted him. It's not a subject pertaining to the Cardinals.

Read the entire thread...I know he was gone, already. My point was that I think we would have gottena better player in Jones than we got in Rolle when all is said and done.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
How is he a total baffon? Because he got int rouble witht he law? I dont think you know much about him. This was the first time he has ever been in trouble at while at WVU was one of there defensive captains and team leaders. Dude is all heart and plays 100% on all downs.

You can lump him into the "thug" category if you want but you might try taking a look at his background before you cast such expersions. :rolleyes:

Well he was accused of hitting a guy with a pool cue as a freshman although he denies it, said he only used his fists. Certainly not the first guy to ever get in trouble in college mind you but he did have a prior history in college as you can see from this.

"On whether teams questioned his incident as freshman)

I didn’t think it would pull me down. I got caught up in a horrible situation but I learned from my mistake. It was my freshman year, I hadn’t even been on campus three weeks, it was two weeks. God does everything for a reason. I learned from my mistake and I haven’t been in any trouble since then. A couple coaches were bothered but the political part, it wasn’t what the media put it to be, there was more to it than that. I never hit anybody with a pool stick, it was with my hand but I learned my lesson, that’s all I can say. "

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Well he was accused of hitting a guy with a pool cue as a freshman although he denies it, said he only used his fists. Certainly not the first guy to ever get in trouble in college mind you but he did have a prior history in college as you can see from this.

"On whether teams questioned his incident as freshman)

I didn’t think it would pull me down. I got caught up in a horrible situation but I learned from my mistake. It was my freshman year, I hadn’t even been on campus three weeks, it was two weeks. God does everything for a reason. I learned from my mistake and I haven’t been in any trouble since then. A couple coaches were bothered but the political part, it wasn’t what the media put it to be, there was more to it than that. I never hit anybody with a pool stick, it was with my hand but I learned my lesson, that’s all I can say. "

Yeah I remember that, but I also know this about him:

"Raised by his grandmother as a child in the ghetto of College Park, Ga., it was his mentor at Atlanta's Westlake High School, Libby Sobleski, that Adam credits for turning his life around and help him become the first person in his family to attend college. Jones was a member of the Athletic Director's Academic Honor Roll during his time at West Virginia and left WVU with a 3.25 GPA"

But honestly Russ, he is a bit of a wild child. Me defending him another way would be ridiculous. While at WVU he got numerous taunting penalties and personal fouls etc (a la Adrian Wilson) but you have to take the good with the bad and I think his "good" as a true CB is so high I would have been willign to take that gamble....Hell Tenn covered themselves with Behaivor clauses, it isnt like they are gonna pay him if he screws up.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Timm Rosenbach said:
While we are on it; We should have drafted Ladanian Tomlinson over Leonard Davis.

If we hadn't wasted a #1 pick on Thomas Jones the year before we probably would have.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

BIM: aspersions... :)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Im quite happy with Rolle. Not only will he be a great cover corner, he will shut down sweeps ran his way. How many CB's do that?

:thumbup: Trust me...Trust me....Rolle will prove to be not only the better player but one of the better players from this draft....LVCF, dont have such a short memory...he was already our best tackler when he went down....

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
If we hadn't wasted a #1 pick on Thomas Jones the year before we probably would have.

We didn't waste a pick on Thomas Jones... the CARDS wasted a talent; as demonstrated by the 140 he gained against the much vaunted Ravens D yesterday.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
We didn't waste a pick on Thomas Jones... the CARDS wasted a talent; as demonstrated by the 140 he gained against the much vaunted Ravens D yesterday.

Is TJones on our team? Did he help the Cards win any playoff games or division titles? Did he ever gain 140 yards against the Ravens while in Arizona? Doesn't matter who's fault it is. If a guy doesn't produce for YOU he's a wasted pick.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Is TJones on our team? Did he help the Cards win any playoff games or division titles? Did he ever gain 140 yards against the Ravens while in Arizona? Doesn't matter who's fault it is. If a guy doesn't produce for YOU he's a wasted pick.

I repeat:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
I repeat:

Not true, when he was here for the entire first year and a lot of the 2nd he had a bad problem with breathing.

Not exactly good for a football player. He had some rib problem or something and it went away about the same time our patience with him did.

This one wasn't our fault.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
I repeat:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I don't like Pac-Man at all, Boldin just had a terrible game. A terrible terrible game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Boldin toasted pacman and force pacman to tackle him for a pass interference call. That would have been a TD.

Pacman didn't do anything returning the ball either.

I'm not very impressed.

that was B johnson

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
:thumbup: Trust me...Trust me....Rolle will prove to be not only the better player but one of the better players from this draft....LVCF, dont have such a short memory...he was already our best tackler when he went down....

I dont have a short memeory. Rolle will be a very good, very physical...safety. He dos not have the natural cover skills Jones has and never will. This isnt a knock on Rolle, just that a guy like Jones, imo, will develop into a Bailey, McCallister type cb who can shut down a wr. Is he there yet? No, but just watching him you can see his skill level. The way he puts his hands on a guy, the way he moves his hips and his closing speed is 1st rate.

Plus he is gonna be an exciting punt returner as well....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I dont have a short memeory. Rolle will be a very good, very physical...safety. He dos not have the natural cover skills Jones has and never will. This isnt a knock on Rolle, just that a guy like Jones, imo, will develop into a Bailey, McCallister type cb who can shut down a wr. Is he there yet? No, but just watching him you can see his skill level. The way he puts his hands on a guy, the way he moves his hips and his closing speed is 1st rate.

Plus he is gonna be an exciting punt returner as well....

He's too short to be as good as they are, and he gets lost a lot more often than they do. He'll be good but I don't think he's ever at their level.

Rolle will be a good CB and a great FS.

OP
OP
LVCARDFREAK

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
He's too short to be as good as they are, and he gets lost a lot more often than they do. He'll be good but I don't think he's ever at their level.

Rolle will be a good CB and a great FS.

What he losses in size he makes up for in his physical play. We will see, I just think he will be a better "CB" than Rolle will ever be. :shrug:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrrggh! The whole "Rolle as Safety" discussion rears its head.

Rolle will be a very good CB in the NFL until the later part of his career when he slows down and moves (ala Rod Woodson). Rolle will not play S in his prime, IMO. Maybe if we had a ton of capable CBs he'd be moved, but we don't, so he won't.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
he was in the booth at halftime on Sirius radio.
They also have a show on ESPN radio "Cardinal Monday" with him and Michael Bankston which is on at 'drive time.' They were also saying that Big is better suited for guard than tackle.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
What he losses in size he makes up for in his physical play. We will see, I just think he will be a better "CB" than Rolle will ever be. :shrug:

Oh I don't think Rolle is fast enough to be an elite CB either but his size is a distinct advantage.

Rob Moore was talking about Pacman at halftime of the game and he said if you watch film on him in the NFL or even in college he got killed by big WR's because he tries to muscle them and he winds up giving up a ton of big plays to them.

Rolle is a guy who was used a lot in blitzing or LOS stuff at Miami, that is one reason why he had so few interceptions in college, that and he's not very good at reacting to the ball in the air. I think he'll be a very good CB for a few years and then move to FS and be a star. He's such a good tackler and he's got the size and he's plenty fast enough at FS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
They also have a show on ESPN radio "Cardinal Monday" with him and Michael Bankston which is on at 'drive time.' They were also saying that Big is better suited for guard than tackle.

Yes he and Bankston were on at the half, he was talking about Pacman and Bankston was commenting on how Step was getting manhandled and how KVB was really tearing up Wakefield and that the Card OL simply couldn't handle the Titan DL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05