What I would trade Patrick Peterson for...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would trade Patrick Peterson for...

Two first round picks
Trent Williams
Frank Ragnow + a 2nd round pick
Taylor Lewan
Jake Matthews
Tyron Smith
Larry Ogunjobi and David Njoku

and that is probably it. I'm sure that there is other stuff that I am missing, but outside of QBs, this is probably the list. It is tough because you have to be sensitive to the fact that our scheme may change. Essentially, if I can get good line help, I would move him.

I still feel like I don't know how good DJ Humphries is. I know I would like to see more from him, but getting beat by Von MIller and Mack happens to most guys. I think that I may be too forgiving, but I also know he is easily the best guy on our line right now.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Since it appears that the Giants are cleaning house with the trade of Apple and now DT Damon Harrison to Detroit is there anyone on the Giant roster the Cardinals should be looking to acquire?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Then no deal. A 2nd for arguably the best cover corner in the league? Mack garnered 2 first rounders. No less than the same for PP in my opinion.

I don't even think the trade rumors were true but I totally agree, PP in his prime is worth just about as much as Mack.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Assuming anyone that would pay very much for him sees themselves as a 2018 playoff contender. So figure the Cards could get a first and a third. I don’t see the round 3 pick bring a deal maker, they’re usually backup players at best. It’s rare when you get a DJ especially at the end of round 3. I’m giving you the benefit of hindsight. I’m figuring the real playoff contenders will be drafting 17 or lower. So take last year’s draft and tell me which of the draftees from 17-32, you’d trade PP to get.

For my money the keys to success are a good QB, stop pass rusher and a cover corner. They make the big money because they’re rare. Trade PP and you’ll be lucky to replace him in 3 years.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would trade Patrick Peterson to the Lions for Frank Ragnow, Marvin Jones, and a 1st round pick.

Marvin Jones makes the money right, and can be an option with Rosen for a couple more years. Ragnow fills a cost controlled need at LG. 1st round pick in the 20-32 range can help fill holes at RT, TE or LB

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don't trade PP for anything. Period. He is the best CB in the league. We are not replacing him with an avg CB and then trying to find a player in the draft by luck to be good. Oakland had 2 really good players that if they had a good scheme could win games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade Patrick Peterson to the Lions for Frank Ragnow, Marvin Jones, and a 1st round pick.

Marvin Jones makes the money right, and can be an option with Rosen for a couple more years. Ragnow fills a cost controlled need at LG. 1st round pick in the 20-32 range can help fill holes at RT, TE or LB
Ragnow has been fantastic for the Lions. They wouldn’t trade him away.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Every single first round pick in the next 25 draft classes.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d take Trae Waynes a 1st and a 3rd from Minnesota....

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No trade.

Compared to most well-run franchises, we lose more top talent than we hang onto.

As a result, our roster seldom if ever reaches championship grade for very long.

Picture our DL with Calais on it. Or Q on our receiving corps.

Time we held onto top talent & don't back down.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’d take Trae Waynes a 1st and a 3rd from Minnesota....
This same trade was proposed on The Athletic. Anytime you’re getting back someone at the same position you’re typically talking about a lesser player. Waynes is younger and cheaper but controllable for 2 years like Peterson. He’s not an impact player and has not deterred teams fron targeting him. He’s better than what the Cards have at the number 2 corner but this trade would weaken the defense.

Ragnow has been fantastic for the Lions. They wouldn’t trade him away.

He’s the best of the second half of the round, which tells you how great the drop off is. This was a decent draft. I’d guess the Lions would make this deal. Guards of quality are scarce these days, but shutdown corners are harder yet to find. I’m not certain the Lions think they’re a playoff team, but maybe. This trade would help both teams if ownership has decided to stick with a coaching staff playing this defense. Good job Shane & Chopper.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
The only player for player swap would be PP for Aaron Donald. If I'm going to get rid of an impact player its to get another one. If trading for picks it would have to be two number ones and the team would have to be a team that will be picking in the top five.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No trade.

Compared to most well-run franchises, we lose more top talent than we hang onto.

As a result, our roster seldom if ever reaches championship grade for very long.

Picture our DL with Calais on it. Or Q on our receiving corps.

Time we held onto top talent & don't back down.
Agree, when Larry is gone Peterson becomes the face of the franchise. I don’t blame him for being pissed and demanding a trade, I bet Larry & Chandler privately feel the same way. Supposedly he met privately with Bidwill and assurances were made to him. Speculation is ARZ is going cater to Peterson even if that means axing the entire coaching staff which honestly is probably going to happen anyway. Three first rounders would be my serious asking price because I wouldn’t trade him and no one will pay that price. He is under contract for 2 years and for now has rescinded his trade request so unless MB is blowing smoke to him, he ain’t going anywhere.