What should the asking price for Boldin be?

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
I think it is pretty apparent that Boldin is gone during the off-season. What should the asking price be? 1st? 2nd? 3rd? What?

I don't think we get more than a 2nd.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
The asking price should be 1st and 3rd, but if traded the Cardinals would likely settle for less.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Anything less than a 2nd (and not something at the bottom of the draft at that) and I say we let him play out his contract.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I'm with letting him play out his contract or re-sign him. There is no way that I would let him go for less than a number one pick. And I really think that is too low for his kind of talent. I just hope Boldin thinks long and hard about how good he's got it with the Cardinals and decides to stay.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A player (ala Sheldon Brown) and a 5th.

Edit: before you get all uppity, I know he's not on the block anymore, but he was last year so I'm using him as a point of comparison.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Let Boldin show us what he is really made of as he plays out his deal and rips open his superman shirt and shows us the "S" tatooed on his body next year playing for his next 9 million a year contract with anyone he wants to play for.

He has to play or pay.I think he plays for the CARDINALS on another AWESOME RIDE TO ANOTHER SUPERBOWL .....NEXT YEAR. Why would he want to miss Warner's last year.If it is his last year.Kurt may be having too much fun to quit.You can't break him.favre might still be playing too.LMAO

Who wants to be a YOKO and break up the BAND MAN????

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2 and the following years 4th...they'll have to pay him a big contract as well so don't expect any more.

I'm fine with him playing out his current deal then figuring out 'franchise' or not.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont know, but its interesting this thread comes up when ESPN puts up an article in their "insider" section about Boldin to Baltimore. Yes, the great Satan is churning the butter again.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He shouldn't even be on the table anymore. We will want more than any team is willing to give. Let him play out his contract.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
2011 1st rounder. Why 2011 you ask, because thats the first year we will have a rookie pay scale (most likely, 99% chance in the new CBA). If there is a lock out in 2011 then we get it in 2012, doesnt matter either way its a rookie pay scale.

If no takers let him finish off his contract, fake his hamstring injuries during the offseason, call the head coach names, and so. Players know better then to get involved in that drama.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Make him play out his contract so that we maximize our chances to win while we still have a QB this season and next.

Bobcat

Reaction score
I think it is pretty apparent that Boldin is gone during the off-season. What should the asking price be? 1st? 2nd? 3rd? What?

I don't think we get more than a 2nd.

RE-SIGN HIM...!!!

Let us stop playing games the guy is a cry baby but he does have the skill set to make us a Super Bowl contnder. Let us pay him or Franchise him next year. The Re-sign DANSBY.

BOBCAT

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I dont know, but its interesting this thread comes up when ESPN puts up an article in their "insider" section about Boldin to Baltimore. Yes, the great Satan is churning the butter again.

Hey, what do you expect ?

The march continues........

Attachments

• protest.jpg
    protest.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 95

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Call me Pollyana but I still hope we resign him in the off-season. If we don't do it before the 2010 season starts he is gone.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
There is no way you get a 1st for him. Whoever wants him is going to realize he will give them 12-13 games missing 3-4 with injuries. Right now Fitz takes some of the attention away from Boldin but imagine Boldin being the number 1 receiver on a team and how much more he is going to get hit. More hits equals more likely an injury.

Boldin doesn't realize how good he has it here. He will draw double coverage a lot more as a number 1 on another team.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
RE-SIGN HIM...!!!

Let us stop playing games the guy is a cry baby but he does have the skill set to make us a Super Bowl contnder. Let us pay him or Franchise him next year. The Re-sign DANSBY.

BOBCAT

I could not agree more. Shift the attention to someone else. Dansby is a huge part of this defense and franchising Boldin would allow his new agent more time to negotiate a new contract.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
Greg Olsen and 3rd round

I like this idea too. Olsen would be an awesome addition to our offense. He has great hands, awesome speed, blocks well, and he has an iron jaw. I would love to see him in Cardinals red and white! Good call!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
16 catches for 208 yards and 1 TD in his last two games and people want to get rid of him?

:bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05