What should we do? Pick up Jenkins and Cut Mcaddley or keep Mcaddley?

What should we do? Keep Mcaddley or pick up Jenkins?

• Jenkins

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Mcaddley

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we should pickup Jenkins. The one area we really have stunk up this preseason is special teams and Jenkins is great in this area. I'm not talking about kick returner. I'm talking about gunner, he seemed to almost always hit the guy returning the ball first. We need that in a big way and it might save some games for us. It's an area we just can't ignore. If he does anything as a reciever it's just icing on the cake.

I probably like Mcaddley's potential as a reciever a little bit better. I know he didn't do much in preseason but I thought he looked pretty good last year and felt he could grow. I think that specials teams right now is just too bad to ignore. Pick up Jenkins!!!

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh one other thing I should mention. If it's between Kasper and Jenkins I keep Kasper. I think he will be very productive this year if given a chance. Now for Mcaddley... I'm not so sure about him. He has potential but he hasn't shown that much yet.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just say NO to Jenkins. He obviously did not want to be here. We offered him more money and he signed with Atlanta for 450 thousand and couldn't make the cut. They were even looking for quality receivers, let him sleep in his bed

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Jenkins will instantly improve the special teams with his speed as a gunner, and his skills as a returner!

Hopefully we would be able to stick McAddley on the practice squad because I still think Jason has some talent which he showed at the end of last year.

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
jenkins thinks hes better than he is and that makes him lockerroom cancer. attitude is first and foremost. no to jenkins.

tigertat

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtav10
jenkins thinks hes better than he is and that makes him lockerroom cancer. attitude is first and foremost. no to jenkins.

I dont think he will have an attitude. Sometimes going through something like this is a good thing for a player, it brings a guy back down to size, and makes them work even harder.

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to see Mac call him, check his attitude and get him if it's good.

Pete

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw his attitude! The guy is an azz hole who took FAR LESS money to sign with Atlanta and then BAD MOUTHED this organization once he got there! Saying that we were to cheap to show him the money! :roll:

That stinks anyway you look at it! Quite frankly Im shocked that any of you would want someone of such character on the team! Especially being that he has questionable hands to begin with!

He is no better tha the talent level we currently have on the team as far as Im concerned!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Screw his attitude! The guy is an azz hole who took FAR LESS money to sign with Atlanta and then BAD MOUTHED this organization once he got there! Saying that we were to cheap to show him the money! :roll:

That stinks anyway you look at it! Quite frankly Im shocked that any of you would want someone of such character on the team! Especially being that he has questionable hands to begin with!

He is no better tha the talent level we currently have on the team as far as Im concerned!
Agreed. Jenkins burned his bridges here as far as I'm concerned. He's a good special teamer and a mediocre WR. We don't need him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like McGinnis might not agree with you.

I don't think you need to worry Shane, I don't see him coming back here.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Hard time imagining him wanting to come back. Given the circumstance of his departure; it's embarassing and I somehow doubt his pride is ready for a season long dose of "I told you so..." from scribes and fans.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card
Hard time imagining him wanting to come back. Given the circumstance of his departure; it's embarassing and I somehow doubt his pride is ready for a season long dose of "I told you so..." from scribes and fans.

If the Packers want Jenkins, they might have to act quickly. He still owns a home in Phoenix, has a strong relationship with Cardinals offensive coordinator Jerry Sullivan and could become a major contributor almost immediately at wide receiver.

"I think he will go right back there," Snead said. "He knows them and he's real close with Jerry Sullivan."

This is comming from inside the Falcons org....it looks like he may end up back in AZ

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Martay is an excellent gunner. I don't if should pick up Martay but, he would make our special teams a little better.

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
I like Martay-

I was very unhappy to lose Jenkins, I do hope he comes back, I remember meeting him in training camp and he couldn't have been nicer to me and all the fans signing autographs when others just walked away. He is in awesome shape and as fast as lightning, he will be a plus for us! I say put Jason on the practice squad, I have seen him drop to many balls. Martay would'nt be the first player to return to his original team.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Especially being that he has questionable hands to begin with!

I don't care about the attitude he showed regarding the money or the bad mouthing. In the big picture who cares? He vastly overestimated his real worth and then couldn;t even make the roster which is simply hilarious.

Guys, read what Shane is saying right here again. He has questionable hands and that cannot be debated. Why add a WR whose drops alot of balls to go along with young WRs who will also have a fair number of drops because of inexperience? Makes no sense.

Shane's last statement is the most important. Jenkins ISN'T an upgrade on this team...anywhere IMO. Not even at gunner where maybe there would be some argument about.

As all these players are being released, anytime you want to bring up a player's name ask 2 questions. Is he REALLY an upgrade over what the Cards currently have? Then ask, does he fit the Cards player profile of high effort, team oriented good character guys.

EDIT: BTW, in reference to the poll, you keep McAddley since he has more upside potential at this point that Jenkins.