What they are saying about Nash and Suns at Spurstalk.com

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here but have been a fan of the Phoenix Suns for some twenty years or so. I happen to go over to the Spurs forum on occassion to see what they might have to say about the Suns and other teams and happened upon a thread about the block on Marions last shot. They are saying that Nash is a whiny *** and that coach D is also. They are also saying we are a mediocre team. I decided to reply to their remarks. It is an interesting read and a chance for us to stand up for our team. They are such homers over there! I mean, I think we lost the game last night because we did not come to play (like we seem to against bad teams). I actually think the Suns players complain very little compared to other teams and especially not to the media as much as other teams. What do you think?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. :wave: Do you have a link to the thread?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow. Generally speaking, Spurs fans have always been somewhat even-keeled and don't resort to Houston Rocket fan-tirades. But that board is full of those types.

"Suns are a mediocre team."

"Where does D'Antoni get his sense of entitlement from?" :confused:

"The descrepancy of elite teams and mediocre teams is the biggest in sports. Detroit or San Antonio will win."

"Nash is a whiny *****."

"Suns=goaltending...Minnesota=nice block"

Methinks those fools are upset that we're always right about Ginobili. It does prove, however, that since they don't go off on the Wolves, they consider us a threat.

The good thing is that about 90% of the time, this board doesn't resort to those kind of childish attacks. Most of the posters on here are far more intelligent than most on that site.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a Lakers' Fan, I find these claims against the Suns to be silly, plain and simple. If anyone, Tim Duncan is one of the biggest complainers in the NBA. Try watching one game where he doesnt have his palms up, complaining to the ref with an Alfred E Newman, "What?!?" look on his face.

A-Bomb

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
abomb said:
As a Lakers' Fan, I find these claims against the Suns to be silly, plain and simple. If anyone, Tim Duncan is one of the biggest complainers in the NBA. Try watching one game where he doesnt have his palms up, complaining to the ref with an Alfred E Newman, "What?!?" look on his face.

A-Bomb

That look cracks me up every time.

Almost as much as Brad Miller's crybaby face.

jibikao

Reaction score
Tim Duncan is the BIGGEST whinner in NBA, period. Hell, he even refuses to join Olympics because he simply whines too much! I thought there is an article about that and it says we might be better off not having Duncan on the team since he complains way too much. Talk about whinners.

Nash usually doesn't make back-slashing comments about the refs after the game. Even after that horrible Knicks' game, Nash and D'Antoni said it in a indirect way so it doesn't offend the refs (as opposed to the Refs are unfair..etc).

I guess last night really pisses Nash off. lol I didn't see it so I have no comment. The only thing I know is we shouldn't even let the game to get that close to begin with.

Another thing is Spurs don't respect Nash, period. You don't need to go there and find a Nash lover. There is none and there is a reason for it. I won't go there and listen to their comments. They are the champs and you rarely find them say good things about other teams. They feel they will win anyway.

nowagimp

Reaction score
First, the spurs need to worry about the Mavericks. The matchups dont look that good, the Mavs are younger and have more speed, a more balanced offense. The spurs are not as good as last year, they are older and the defense has dropped off some. The pistons will destroy the spurs in a short series(maybe a sweep even). No, the spurs have alot to worry about than the suns. It just gets alot worse when amare comes back.

Second, I think that Nash is fed up with not getting the hand checking and body banging calls. In the NBA, calls generally favor superstars and veterans. Apparently, Nash cant even get consistent calls against rookies and second year players, and he's the reigning MVP. I suspect that what we hear is just the tip of the iceberg.

Third, word is that Duncan felt he didnt get calls at the last olympics(he backed -or banged- his man down, and they called him for fouls) and now he's decided he wont play, he's taking his ball and going home... whine whine whine.... Everyone knows the thespian reactions of Manu to every call, he is the academy award whiner.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the spurs are the worst whiners in the world. duncan isnt playing in the olympics because he didnt get enough star treatment. and dont even get me started on their coach pop-a- B@#$%. i remember last year when we were beating them and he got a technical because the refs were calling fouls and after that the refs would call anything.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I almost registered to rebuttal, nut no what, F Spurs and their fans. When the Suns take the west that will be saying enough!!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, my recollection is that Tim Duncan is correct regarding the referees in the Olympics. It wasn't that he didn't get the star treatment he is used to getting in the NBA. They were getting him for every foul and allowing the opposition to manhandle him. I really can't blame him for his Olympic frustrations.

That said, Tim Duncan is one of the worst in the NBA about complaining to the referees. The frustrating thing about him is that he will complain when he is called for obvious fouls.

The complaining the other night about the Kevin Garnett block was cumulative. They feel they have been getting the short end from the referees at the end of games all season long, and its cost them a bunch of W's.

One would think that the referees would make that call against Kevin Garnett on the Phoenix Suns home-court. Of course the Sacramento Kings could have said the same thing last year when Amare Stoudemire blocked a shot to seal a Phoenix Suns victory there in Sacramento. I would say KG's play was every bit as legitimate as that one..

Joe Mama

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess the fact that Nash was huge in the conference finals still irriates the Spurs fans. The fact that the refs sometimes call fouls on the crap used against Nash must be awfully upsetting to them.

On substantitive grounds, I think the Spurs fans may be concerned about meeting an Amare led Suns team in the playoffs. Last year he destroyed their defense and the Suns have a much stronger supporting cast this season.

More important, right now the only kind of team that gives the Suns trouble is one that can play small and shoot. The Suns have dominated the Heat and forced most teams to play small. But the Spurs don't have a small team that can match up with the Suns.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
You find one sub-par Spur forum and the missiles fly. Great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05