Djaughe

Reaction score
copper...copper...copper...

:quicklydartsfromroom:

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
I have heard uniform ideas of all black, all red.

I attribute the different taste in uniforms by age to seeing it become popular for NFL teams to wear all solid dark colors (pants and shirt) in recent years. I hate that combination. I dont recall seeing that in the NFL from the 70s to mid 90s. Teams wore all white road frequently in that era. I first saw all solid dark uniforms at high school level then it went to college level in recent years and now it is at the NFL level.

If you go way back to the 1930's and 40's there were monotone jersey's if you really want to go retro. It has been done a lot better most recently with the ability to match colors.

To me the best look in the league is when the Eagles go with Gunmental Green jerseys and pants. The Seahawks home combination also is good look. I not a fan of the entire alternate combination that the Ravens had of total black (helmets, facemask, pants, socks and shoes,there was no contrast at all) that to me is too drastic.

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
andikrist said:
great color scheme - for nazis!
Red must dominate and the AZ flag STAYS!!!

Why do you think the SS looked soooooo sharp? ;)

But seriously, I am in my 40's and I am obviously in the pro black corner. I just think that Red, White and Black is such a great color scheme if used in the right way. In my opinion the Cards have never done that.

I will also say that I am in favor of keeping the Cards tradition intact, but I believe that they can achieve this and still come up with an ass kickin' uni that sells like hot cakes.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brevity said:
If I were King.
If you were, youd be out of a QB job and be the laughing stock of MB's everywhere. But look on the bright side, This_Guy will still love you.

:D

vini

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yo to me the all one solid color or monochrome look is really bad especially on tv. the bills and seahawks look horrible. both of those teams would look better with dark jerseys white pants and white jerseys dark pants or even all white. the all one color makes teams look slower and smaller it's not intimidating at all. it's a college style. the cards all red is one of the worst monochrome looks next to the seahawks in the league. however the cards red jerseys white pants and white jerseys red pants is great. the cards even look sweet in all white but the all red is a bit much

vini

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
here is a picture of a cardinal from arizona notice it is black and red not red and white so they should have black in the uniform but it should be mostly red and white. i'm just trying to show you the point that black has just as much a righ
You must be registered for see images attach
t to be part of the color scheme as white

vini

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
also you were right about the beak being red i wonder why it's not in the logo good question to ask bidwill

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Black in small amounts would be sharp. Something similiar to when they used to have black trim in the road unis and on the white pants. I would like to seea little black on the hoime red jerseys too. Maybe outline the white numbers.

Brevity

Tryin' to get my lap back
Reaction score
vini said:
here is a picture of a cardinal from arizona notice it is black and red not red and white so they should have black in the uniform but it should be mostly red and white. i'm just trying to show you the point that black has just as much a righ
You must be registered for see images attach
t to be part of the color scheme as white

That bird looks meaner than our new logo. If I ran across that thing out in the wild and he had that look on his face, I'd run.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the beak of that bird is red, not yellow or gold. This puts a whole new light on the issue as far as I'm concerned!

Oh, wait, I just remembered I don't really care.

The Shark

vini

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeff The Shark Go F Yourself

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
BigJoe said:
As much as this dead horse has been beaten, I've got to ask this because I don't understand what the fascination on this board is with the color black on the new unis and helmets?

I'm asking purely out of curiousity and not intending to pick an argument. To me, going to black as a primary uniform color was really en vogue about a decade or so ago (see Panthers, Falcons, and Jaguars). I'm not suggesting the current "trend" set by the Bills, Seahawks and Bengals to make them as overly colorful as possible is all that great, but large amounts of black seems really dated and high-school to me. I'm probably in the minority here, so feel free to let me have it. As I live in the midwest, can you folks out in Arizona let me know where the inspiration behind the love for the black helmets and unis came from? I'm just trying to understand and I'm guessing there is some regional influence here. (Not suggesting that the regional influence is dated and high-school, just suggesting that there is something local inspiring this.)

Cause black is the best color. Funny how white is symbolic for good, and black for bad.

When you think about it Black is the color you get when everything is accepted. Nothing is rejected.

White on the other hand rejects all colors, and NOTHING is accepted.

I preferred blue over both the colors.

But black is pretty cool.

Peace
:thumbup:

OP
OP
BigJoe

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses to my question. I guess it's like anything else, different strokes for different folks. Personally, I love the color black and use it whenever possible...I just don't want to see to much of it in the Cardinals uniforms. I can see the point of those that do. I guess we'll all just have to see what the heck "Revolutionary" means in terms of the whole uni.

Sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner. (Browser kept getting hijacked and couldn't stay here long...stupid spyware.)

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since copper is a reddish yellow, maybe the beak of the bird should be copper. There by keeping it an accent color on the uniform instead of a primary color.

vini

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the guys over on the cards board are amazing .remember the red beak on the cardinal we were talking about .one guy says the male cardinals beak will turn yellow at sometime. and the other guy finds a picture like that.
You must be registered for see images
so i guess we were all fooled here is the image. and like the dude said over there it's a golden yellow sort of the color on the new logo. holy shyte those guys are sharp

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also notice the headfeathers on this variety fall backwards just like the Cardinals logo and the other variety has the "mohawk" or the "Freddie Mitchell" headfeathers. The previous one must be the Gen-X cardinal and this one is the Baby Boomer cardinal.

Last edited: