When D.Boston does get waived (and he will) should the Cards reclaim him?

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
According to the Associated Press, the Chargers sent wide receiver David Boston home before practice on Wednesday as a disciplinary measure.
Boston was sent home after a morning meeting with head coach Marty Schottenheimer.
Schottenheimer was guarded in his comments about Boston, who signed a $47 million contract as a free agent in March.
"David and I had a discussion and in the course of the discussion, thought we ought to have this day (off), and he's been excused for a matter that is not related to the medical part of it," Schottenheimer said.
General manager A.J. Smith wouldn't be more specific, but did say that it wasn't one incident that led to Boston being sent home, but rather, "it's several things."
"Let's just say we've got some guidelines here to adhere to," Smith said. "And David wasn't meeting them to our expectations."
Club officials planned to discuss Boston's situations in meetings Wednesday night.
"There is no suspension yet," said Smith, who expected Boston back on Thursday.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in answer to the question above - hell no - but then again I'll be shocked if he's waived. Man that guy really did have some ridiculous issues - I'm glad we had the sense enough not to resign him, but - ah forget it - I'll just leave it at that.:thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does feel good to be right about things.

I, and many others on this site, applauded the decision to say "Hasta La Vista" to DB.

The guy has phenomenal talent everywhere except between his ears.

I'm glad these rookie WR's are performing so well also. :D

Jaccoob

Cardinal Lunatic
Reaction score
Once again Grave's crystal ball foresaw this drama...Way to go Graves...........YOU DA MAN!!!!!!:thumbup:

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, but if he was puttin Pro Bowl #'s up over there, we would be singing a different tune.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by BendCardfan
How much was his signing bonus? I think he would be a good fit in Dallas.

Can we put this as post of the week

Bravo!
:D

pinnacle

Reaction score
the san diego newspaper reported boston signed a 7 year deal with a $4.55 million signing bonus...I was shocked it was this low - I assume it has tiers and if he is on the roster in a couple of years he gets another bonus..but with a $4.55 signing bonus (if that is correct) - it will not kill the chargers cap to cut him in a year or two...

I guess it shows how little interest there was in DB..I thought he would get alot more...terrell owens is spouting he wants a $20 mil signing bonus...in reality, he will probably get $10 - $12 mil.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Just wondering, would the Cards have had any obligation to warn the Chargers about DB if they were asked? When a troubled player becomes a free agent, how much info do teams share with each other about the player in question?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Boston was one of the marquee free agents this offseason. He signed a seven-year, $47 million that included $12 million of guarantees.

Man. Talk about dodging a bullet!

If anything Graves did a good thing in just letting him go. Yes, he could have played poker and tagged him. But the point is Boston is gone and that is a good thing.

He is off his rocker!
:thumbup:

pinnacle

Reaction score
rugby:

following article says 7 years...4.55 mil bonus..maybe the rest of bonus is if he is on the roster in a few years...not sure.. FYI..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-boston-chargers&prov=ap&type=lgns

quote from article:
"It was Smith who signed Boston to a seven-year contract, which included a $4.55 million signing bonus and $550,000 in base salary this year. Smith hoped Boston could supply balance to an offense which features Pro Bowl running back LaDainian Tomlinson. "

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let that loser f' up some other locker room

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Originally posted by DRVNFAST
Ya, but if he was puttin Pro Bowl #'s up over there, we would be singing a different tune.

If he was we wouldn't be having this discussion, but he's not. He's a jackass and his career will go the same path as Albert Connell and Lawence Phillips.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Most likely Boston did the same things with the cards. They just didn't publish this like SD is doing.

But we could use someone to return punts in place of Q. Maybe he could give him backrubs too.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jasper
Yes, just to piss Boston off!

Just like Martay, going for the money instead of the ball and returning worthless.

If he got cut we should bring him in for a physical.....

and fail him.

Think his ego could handle not passing a physical. He'd probably blow up to 400 lbs to prove how fit he is.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
Boston was one of the marquee free agents this offseason. He signed a seven-year, $47 million that included $12 million of guarantees.

Man. Talk about dodging a bullet!

If anything Graves did a good thing in just letting him go. Yes, he could have played poker and tagged him. But the point is Boston is gone and that is a good thing.

He is off his rocker!
:thumbup:

I guess that really is the point.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
If he was we wouldn't be having this discussion, but he's not. He's a jackass and his career will go the same path as Albert Connell and Lawence Phillips.

Didn't Lawerence Phillips come out of Penn State?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to the Associated Press, the Chargers sent wide receiver David Boston home before practice on Wednesday as a disciplinary measure.
"The dog ate my playbook."

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by Floridacard
If he got cut we should bring him in for a physical.....

and fail him.

Think his ego could handle not passing a physical. He'd probably blow up to 400 lbs to prove how fit he is.

OMG - I laughed so hard at this while I was earting cereal that I blew milk out of my nose. LMFAO!!!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Bo:

I was sent home for missing meetings. In order to avoid missing any more meetings I have decided to bulk up even more. Adding another 5-10 pounds of muscle will ensure that I will always be on time. I will be so punctual it will be ridiculous. I'll pay $100,000 dollars to anyone who arrives earlier than me.

That works for anything.

Can't find your wallet? Add 5 pounds of muscle.
Forget where you parked? Add 5 pounds of muscle.
In-laws visiting? Add 20 pounds of muscle.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the curse of the Bambino extends past the city to anything having to do with the name Boston.

:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05