Where is the Breaston love?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Dude has improved greatly as a WR from last year.

He has some nice plays today.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got some right here. I believe he will be a valuable weapon on offense.

He can cause some real problems after the catch.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Already ahead of BJ from last year IMHO. That's not a bashing of BJ, he had a decent game for the niners today. I just think Breaston has more to offer.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure do love me some Breaston.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I loved Breaston's crucial 40 yard catch on 3rd down, to set up a touchdown.

I loved Breaston MORE when BJ dropped a pass from Sullivan. I loved BJ - but for some reason, I always remember a few dropped passes that just seemed to have made a difference (when he played for us). It was sort of a 'moment', realizing the 9'ers -- not us-- were on the receiving end of the missed opportunities.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
i believe we are all fond of breast-on.

and the questionable thing on him was his hands? he looked more sharp than bj ever did imo. its not always about the measurables. breaston just comes to play.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
My wife's favorite player. She wants to get his jersey.

He had a good game yesterday.
:hastheball:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryant Johnson .... Who?

Breaston had 3 receptions for 54 yards

Bryant Johnson had 3 receptions for 48 yards

We didn't lose anything by letting Johnson go. I think we actually improved!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question will Steve continue to be 3rd WR, PR and KOR? We didn't have JJ active so he had to do all that will we continue that way? Not sure how we get around it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised that we didn't see any Doucet or Urban in the game. Also surprised that we didn't see JJ on kickoffs, did we?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing JJ at all. The one play I thought I saw JJ it turned out to be DRC running a fly pattern.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's had a very nice year so far. Here's to a whole season of success.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Surprised that we didn't see any Doucet or Urban in the game. Also surprised that we didn't see JJ on kickoffs, did we?

Plenty of love for Breaston, although he did call for a fair catch on a punt. (sarcasm)

Doucet was inactive again. Urban was open for a 1st down catch but Breaston was running underneath and tipped it. You could tell that Warner wasn't happy, but I don't blame Steve for trying to make a play on a ball that might have been for him.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
Kudos to Breaston. I never thought he would be a viable #3 WR. I liked him as a kick returner, but did not think he would make it as a WR. I'm glad I was wrong.
PS I was wrong about K Warner as starting QB. I wanted M Leinart. I am obviously an idiot. Thank God HC Whiz is not.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The interesting thing so far is his KO returns have not been very good I don't know if it's fatigue, bad blocking or what but the longest return so far is only 27 yards(just 4 returns).

I wonder eventually if they'll find a way to get JJ active to return KO's so Breaston doesn't have to but right now it's tough to do that since we are utilizing both FB's and essentially all JJ would be doing is returning KO's.

Nice situation to have though guy playing so well as 3rd WR I'm wondering if we might need to replace him on KO returns.

I have to admit I was wrong on Breaston at Michigan I never thought he'd be a good WR.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The interesting thing so far is his KO returns have not been very good I don't know if it's fatigue, bad blocking or what but the longest return so far is only 27 yards(just 4 returns).

I wonder eventually if they'll find a way to get JJ active to return KO's so Breaston doesn't have to but right now it's tough to do that since we are utilizing both FB's and essentially all JJ would be doing is returning KO's.

Nice situation to have though guy playing so well as 3rd WR I'm wondering if we might need to replace him on KO returns.

Breaston is a solid KO and Punt returner; having said that it would be nice to upgrade the position and let Breaston focus on WR.

I have to admit I was wrong on Breaston at Michigan I never thought he'd be a good WR.
Yet another time when you missed on the WR position :) JK
Breaston went from having suspect hands to catching everything in sight.