Whiz shine wearing off

Status
Not open for further replies.

motino

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whisenhunt's star is fading fast in the scorching desert sun. The team is in a downward spiral, we are getting outdrawn by the opponent fans at home games and we are in danger of falling to the basement of the weakest division in football.

The two things that really reveal what type of coach/person he is are his immature handling of the Leinhart situation and the Bellichik-like shenanigans in the escalating Beanie Wells injuryreportgate.

He put himself above the good of the team by depleting our QB depth, all because he was opposed to Matt's lifestyle. In was never about football with Whisenhunt and Matt.

If the NFL does find him guilty of injury tampering and fraudulent use of weekly injury report he'll probably serve a suspension, much like Bellichik did for his illegal taping incidents. And the report of the point spread issue....let's just hope that there is no Pete Rose type of sewage ready to seep to the surface on this one.

Three year season ticket holder, and they keep pestering me to renew for another three. Uhm, not quite yet, Bill.

seesred

Reaction score
I read it, I don't buy it! 3 years n a row winning seasons. 1 super bowl, 2 western division championships. I'll go with whiz. It's not his fault fans sell their tickets to make a buck. It's not his fault that all the WR's are out or still getting well. It certainly isn't his fault the Bean was hurt. 3 games gone we sit at 2-1 and you are ready to fire his butt. I'm not with you at all on this!

GBR

OP
OP
M

motino

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I read it, I don't buy it! 3 years n a row winning seasons. 1 super bowl, 2 western division championships. I'll go with whiz. It's not his fault fans sell their tickets to make a buck. It's not his fault that all the WR's are out or still getting well. It certainly isn't his fault the Bean was hurt. 3 games gone we sit at 2-1 and you are ready to fire his butt. I'm not with you at all on this!

GBR

I never once said fire him. I implied that he needs to take corrective actions to right himself or he will be upside down in no time. And it wasn't about Beanie's injury...it's how he may have covered it up in violation of NFL by laws regarding those matters. Serious stuff. It exposes his true character if accurate as reported.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
We are tied for first in our division, so this post about being in the basement is a little premature. Second, it wasn't about Matty boy's lifestyle, as much as it was about his failure to lead a team of grown men.

As for Beanie, Whiz says he was hopeful that Beanie could have played in those games. He even stated this is the second time he had that surgery. Last time, at OSU, Beanie was playing the following weekend. So I don't think there is anything to these so-called 'reports'.

Finally, there just aren't alot of great QB's on the market these days. The fact that we have 2 rookie QB's on this team proves how little quality depth there is at that position in this league.

Whiz has proven to be the best coach this team ever had. He's had the most success of any Cards coach, so he deserves a little benefit of the doubt when so many of his star players decide to chase the money out of town and his HOF QB retires. It will take time to adjust.

:mulli:

Last edited:

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
It's great how impatient some people are in a rebuilding season. Some of you armchair GMs would've fired Cowher before he ever won his first super bowl.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Premature, IMO. His star may be fading on ASFN (for the sake of argument: I'm sure if all the lurkers weighed in he's still pretty popular) but that's different than his status with the team (they just extended him) and with the general fanbase (a lot of people are still ok with a winning record).

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Leinart is gone. If he was so great, he should be starting for another team. Instead he is riding the bench just like he did when he was a Cardinal. Can we get past this once and for all and root for the team instead of the individual?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whisenhunt's star is fading fast in the scorching desert sun. The team is in a downward spiral, we are getting outdrawn by the opponent fans at home games and we are in danger of falling to the basement of the weakest division in football.

The two things that really reveal what type of coach/person he is are his immature handling of the Leinhart situation and the Bellichik-like shenanigans in the escalating Beanie Wells injuryreportgate.

He put himself above the good of the team by depleting our QB depth, all because he was opposed to Matt's lifestyle. In was never about football with Whisenhunt and Matt.

If the NFL does find him guilty of injury tampering and fraudulent use of weekly injury report he'll probably serve a suspension, much like Bellichik did for his illegal taping incidents. And the report of the point spread issue....let's just hope that there is no Pete Rose type of sewage ready to seep to the surface on this one.

Three year season ticket holder, and they keep pestering me to renew for another three. Uhm, not quite yet, Bill.

What was that popping sound??...............Oh, that was you pulling your head out of your a$$ to post this nonsense. I don't even think it's worth elaborating, but bottom line, we're in 1st place, not last.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I was trying to make a thread about stop complaining but it didn't go thru with my phone. I shouldve still made it especially with threads like this coming up. We are 2-1 and people are trying to start a fire sale. Get real people quit complaining this stuff is getting ridiculous.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Leinart is gone. If he was so great, he should be starting for another team. Instead he is riding the bench just like he did when he was a Cardinal. Can we get past this once and for all and root for the team instead of the individual?

Hopefully get past it until, and if, he gets the starting job for some other team ( don't see him beating out Matt Schaub) . If he does succeed, then blast away. The Warner era is over. It was a good ride.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Three year season ticket holder

And probably a 3 year fan as well. It's absolutely hilarious to see these Johnny- come-latelys who bitch about the team now...anybody with any perspective would see that compared to where this franchise was 5 years ago, even with DA as qb, we're light years ahead of what we used to be.

To all the Leinart fanboys who infest the board and still pine for their knight in shining armor: he's gone. He ain't coming back. PLEASE, for the love of God, move on.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont buy any of it, especially a suspension. They mentioned right when the surgery news came out that wells had the same surgery in college and played that week therefore, he was questionable.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Under Whiz, Warner led the team to new heights. Whiz got out of the way to his credit but could have been working on fixing the D which has never been fixed. Now 4 years in we have a team that has lost alot of talent and a retired HOF Qb with nothing behind it but Whiz's "chemistry experiment" in DA. The D has never been any good and the O only went because Warner was the best thing that ever happened to the Cardinals. Whiz has rode the Warner coattails. He now has to stand on his own 2 feet and he is failing miserabley. We have slipped to 20 in power ranking and behind the Hags in our division because we have a coach in over his head. Who the hell plays Robinson when you have a Watson( run stuffer) to go to. More chemistry experiments. Williams and Watson should be stuffing the run spelled by Branch and DD and CampBell should be rushing the passer and disrupting the gaps. We suck at Qb pressure and this exposes our DB to having to cover longer. This is fixible but Whiz thinks what he has done for 4 years is working. It ain't.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

seriously... even Buffalo who had HORRENDOUS quarterbacks didn't give a damn that he was available.

Dude's 3rd string. Get over it guys.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Under Whiz, Warner led the team to new heights. Whiz got out of the way to his credit but could have been working on fixing the D which has never been fixed. Now 4 years in we have a team that has lost alot of talent and a retired HOF Qb with nothing behind it but Whiz's "chemistry experiment" in DA. The D has never been any good and the O only went because Warner was the best thing that ever happened to the Cardinals. Whiz has rode the Warner coattails. He now has to stand on his own 2 feet and he is failing miserabley. We have slipped to 20 in power ranking and behind the Hags in our division because we have a coach in over his head. Who the hell plays Robinson when you have a Watson( run stuffer) to go to. More chemistry experiments. Williams and Watson should be stuffing the run spelled by Branch and DD and CampBell should be rushing the passer and disrupting the gaps. We suck at Qb pressure and this exposes our DB to having to cover longer. This is fixible but Whiz thinks what he has done for 4 years is working. It ain't.

First, we are tied with the Hags. Second, power rankings mean something? This ain't the BCS. If the Cards keep winning ugly, but are ranked #20 in the so-called power rankings, I think they still get to go to the playoffs. Wow.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Sigh. Everyone already knows it had nothing to do with Matt's lifestyle. His team mates did not respect him - considered him a wuss and whiner. That's why he's gone.

Botom line is Cards are not in last place of the division (even tho it's still early!). I do agree about the whole Beanie injury thing - what was the point of being so secretive?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
First, we are tied with the Hags. Second, power rankings mean something? This ain't the BCS. If the Cards keep winning ugly, but are ranked #20 in the so-called power rankings, I think they still get to go to the playoffs. Wow.

No kidding...power rankings? You're seriously bitching about an arbitrary ranking that has absolutely no meaning? You have to be kidding me. I'll focus on another ranking, our ranking in our division. (Hint...we are in first place)

Even if we don't end up winning the division, anyone without their kool aid glasses on knew this was a possibility. If we get this kind of reaction 3 games in, winning the division, I hate to see how toxic this board gets if the wheels fall off.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We are not in the basement

You have nothing on which to base your statement about the Leinhart situation. Rather it seems to me the official line is accurate

As to the injury report and Bellichik there is no comparison. Well's situation is tiny molehill, if it even exists and I tend to think it doesn't if the Cardinals can say they thought he might play. Bellichik=mountain, institutionalized cheating, he should have been suspended from the NFL for life but the patriots make too much $$$ for the NFL.

All in I think your post is flat wrong

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully get past it until, and if, he gets the starting job for some other team ( don't see him beating out Matt Schaub) . If he does succeed, then blast away. The Warner era is over. It was a good ride.

Even then [if it happens] it has no bearing on how he might have performed here

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the NFL does find him guilty of injury tampering and fraudulent use of weekly injury report he'll probably serve a suspension, much like Bellichik did for his illegal taping incidents.

Anybody here know what the actual league rules on this are?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score

All the # says is how far we have slipped without Warner. Read the post. We have Haggens, Porter, DD, Campbell in and the outside guys can't get to the Qb and are nothing more than situational pass rushers who can't stop the run. We need to run the ball and stop the run to Win without a Warner and we are not doing it because of all these stupid moves by the coaching staff. They are just trying to hide there deficencies on offense but to do that you have to stop the run and sack th Qb on D. We aren't doing it. We will not be in the playoffs this year. Did you say Playoffs?? We aren't going to the playoffs. Playoffs?? Really?? WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05