Whiz shine wearing off

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whis is the man. Believe it, or hit the bricks.

And OP, who in the frack is Lienhart? Can he play QB?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he said it was the Whiz Era and I said it was not. It was the Warner Era not the other way around. Same handful of idiots ....nothing changes here.

I wonder if there's a SINGLE SOUL IN THE FOOTBALL UNIVERSE outside of Leinart-Loving-Cardinaldom who would consider the people who are defending the guy who took the freaking Arizona Cardinals to within 34 seconds of a Super Bowl championship, then followed it up with one of the most amazing Wild Card wins in history as idiots as opposed to the person calling him a failure.

Seriously, ONE person outside of Leinart-Loving-Cardinaldom.

I agree this board sucks sometimes.

are you typing in front of a mirror?

OP
OP
M

motino

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Injury reports were mandated by the NFL to counter insider information that would determine point spreads and game outcomes. Back in the day, gamblers in the know would be the only ones that were aware of certain injuries and would manipulate the system to their advantage.

The NFL made all teams report the injuries through the two weekly injury reports. Whiz is under scrutiny for playing with the integrity of the injury report when he hid the surgery and Beanies potential for contributing to the games. That is a huge NFL no-no.

Implications that even remotely point to a gambling connection will be investigated and is much more than a molehill. For people like nidan to not fully understand that shows their complete ignorance to the inner working of the NFL product.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I wonder if there's a SINGLE SOUL IN THE FOOTBALL UNIVERSE outside of Leinart-Loving-Cardinaldom who would consider the people who are defending the guy who took the freaking Arizona Cardinals to within 34 seconds of a Super Bowl championship, then followed it up with one of the most amazing Wild Card wins in history as idiots as opposed to the person calling him a failure.

Seriously, ONE person outside of Leinart-Loving-Cardinaldom.

are you typing in front of a mirror?

Perfect!! LMFAO!!! Love it Cheese!!!

claphat.gif

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Injury reports were mandated by the NFL to counter insider information that would determine point spreads and game outcomes. Back in the day, gamblers in the know would be the only ones that were aware of certain injuries and would manipulate the system to their advantage.

The NFL made all teams report the injuries through the two weekly injury reports. Whiz is under scrutiny for playing with the integrity of the injury report when he hid the surgery and Beanies potential for contributing to the games. That is a huge NFL no-no.

Implications that even remotely point to a gambling connection will be investigated and is much more than a molehill. For people like nidan to not fully understand that shows their complete ignorance to the inner working of the NFL product.

you're still here? I thought you already had jumped off the bandwagon.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Dude, the wheels fell off we are just skidding along due to momentum from the last couple of seasons. The only ones wearing koolaid goggles are the Whiz riders who can't see what a failure he is as head coach. There was no plan after Warner left...he has never fixed the D and the O is putrid now with out a couple of players that were not adequetely replaced. He is no better than Mackage. Had Plummer played like Warner you would all be singing Macks praises...he didn't and we sucked. I have always said in Warner I trusted and it was merited. Whiz isn't even in the conversation. He sucks as bad a Mack did at actual coaching.
So why didn't Warner take the Cards to superbowl before Whiz arrived? In fact, he was such a turnover machine (fumbling everytime he was hit) that everyone here was asking for his head and was eventually replaced by the rookie Leinart.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

"The NFL's policy on injury reports allows for plenty of wiggle room on the issue. Every Friday, injured players must be given a status designation: out, doubtful, questionable or probable.

Doubtful means there is at least a 75 percent chance the player won't play. Questionable means there is a 50 percent chance. And probable means there is a "virtual certainty" of being available for normal duty.

The area between questionable and doubtful is especially murky. Wells was listed as limited in practices, meaning he took part in something less than all the drills. It would be difficult for anyone to prove that he should have been listed as doubtful instead of questionable for the first two games.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/09/28/20100928arizona-cardinals-extra-beanie-wells.html#ixzz10xXc2qG0"

Teams have gotten away with much, much worse in the past because the league rules are very "Murky" as Somers put it. Teams have stated a player as having a Leg Injury before. Didnt even say what part of the leg, teams have even gone as far as using just the term "illness" which could mean anything.

I know for a fact the league is not even investigating this issue.

As for the point spread crap, field goal or not would not have effected the point spread either way so it makes no sense to bring it up. I cannot believe you are basing this point spread thing on one crazy fans voice message. Which was probably you wasn't it? As for implications there are no implications for s point spread scandal except for a meaningless phone message. NFL does not take those very seriously.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

As long as the coach submits who did not participate, fully participate or had limited participation in practice he is fine. As far as I know Whis has been very accurate in that regard.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
No you don't. That's an outright lie!

Says the guy calling radio stations to leave a message rather then actually calling to get grilled with his point spread theories or has no idea of my background(I have told a few here).

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah... if I were you I wouldn't bet on it. Pun intended.

Two scenerio's going on here - Dude must have lost some money or Wiz has a better golfing handicap and this guy is just way to competitive.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Lets put the injury issue thing to rest once and for all (it has been for all but 1 person).

But the report deals in generalities, not specifics, and there is no requirement that a team provide detailed medical information about a player.

Three and four days before a game, teams must report the players who were unable to participate fully in practice. Two days before the game, they must provide the status designations. That's it.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...rdinals-extra-beanie-wells.html#ixzz10xbAWykL

Did you read the bolded part from the guy that covers this team day in and day out? Did you?

If Wiz were to get in trouble should a coach get in trouble for only mentioning ankle injury. I mean it could be a high sprain, a low sprain, degree 1,2 or 3. When saying a player sat out from illness should the coach get in trouble for not stating if it was the flu, cold, hemorrhoids, or STD flair up?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I kinda remember everybody being on leinarts jock, but Whiz was sneaking in Warner and calling it a change of tempo with Warners no huddle. Whiz was paving the way for Warner to get the starting role (IMO) and then Matty got slammed on his own 5 yard line, crushing his collar bone. Matty went away to heal, and WHIZ never looked back. Whiz is a good coach, the best the Cards have ever had.

Did I get that wrong or does everybody have my rookie ass on mute? :D

southern card

Reaction score
Some people on this board need to take pill and relax just a bit. I am in no way saying Anderson is playing great but the reality iswith two of the top three receivers out and the #1 guy limited how good is the passing game going to be. The #1 back misses the first two games and you really think all will be fine. Nobody got real excited when we signed Warner because the feeling around the league was that he was done. yet all that happened was that we went to our first superbowl. Coach Whisenhut was a bvery big part of that and he knows what he is doing. the Eagles traded McNabb for a reason and the redskins traded campbell for a reason. You don"t think much of a guy when you trade him for a late round draft pick or to a division team. So get off it and realize Whis andstaff know what they are doig and we will still win this division and at least one playoff game this year and not with an undrafted rookie leading the way either.:):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.