Who Here Remembers Dumas?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably already been mentioned (as I did not want to read the whole thread), but he reportedly cost the Suns a good trade. I can't remember who right now, but I think the Suns had a trade in the works for Rodman???

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
It's probably already been mentioned (as I did not want to read the whole thread), but he reportedly cost the Suns a good trade. I can't remember who right now, but I think the Suns had a trade in the works for Rodman???

In Rodmans book he spoke of a trade that fell through to Phoenix, Barkley and Rodman would have been amazing to watch

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
In Rodmans book he spoke of a trade that fell through to Phoenix, Barley and Rodman would have been amazing to watch

Certainly no free rebounds with that lineup.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:

Found this

SPORTS PEOPLE: PRO BASKETBALL; Rodman to the Suns? Uh, Not So Fast

September 14, 1993, Tuesday
(NYT); Sports Desk
Late Edition - Final, Section B, Page 16, Column 1, 236 words
-The Detroit Pistons nearly traded forward DENNIS RODMAN to the Phoenix Suns over the weekend, but, according to executives from both teams, the Pistons backed off when they heard another player in the proposed deal, Suns forward RICHARD DUMAS, was currently attending an after-care program for substance-abuse. Although terms...

To read the rest of this archive article, upgrade to TimesSelect or purchase as a single article

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
Found this

SPORTS PEOPLE: PRO BASKETBALL; Rodman to the Suns? Uh, Not So Fast

September 14, 1993, Tuesday
(NYT); Sports Desk
Late Edition - Final, Section B, Page 16, Column 1, 236 words
-The Detroit Pistons nearly traded forward DENNIS RODMAN to the Phoenix Suns over the weekend, but, according to executives from both teams, the Pistons backed off when they heard another player in the proposed deal, Suns forward RICHARD DUMAS, was currently attending an after-care program for substance-abuse. Although terms...

To read the rest of this archive article, upgrade to TimesSelect or purchase as a single article

:bang: :bang:

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
I still remember the very first time Dumas checked into the game for us. We were playing the Lakers, just stomping them, and in comes Dumas. The first time he touches the ball, he makes an amazing spin move in the lane and nails about a twelve footer. Our living room totally erupted!

If we could dig through old box scores, I'm almost CERTAIN the above is true. That's how it's remained in my memory.

That Rodman news makes me sick. I'd totally forgotten about that.

basketballfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure what you said about the move is true. I know it was against the Lakers, and I think it was against AC Green, which is pretty impressive. The guy had so much potential. I remember Lary Nance saying not to compare him and Richard because Richard was going to be way better. Dominique said that he coud really jump and had impressive athleticism. That's coming from one of the greatest dunkers ever. Someone else said he was Dr. J with a jump shot. So the talent was clearly there. Too bad he was addicted.

You must be registered for see images attach

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
Muggum said:
I still remember the very first time Dumas checked into the game for us. We were playing the Lakers, just stomping them, and in comes Dumas. The first time he touches the ball, he makes an amazing spin move in the lane and nails about a twelve footer. Our living room totally erupted!

If we could dig through old box scores, I'm almost CERTAIN the above is true. That's how it's remained in my memory.

That Rodman news makes me sick. I'd totally forgotten about that.

Me too.I had totally forgotton about the Rodman thing.
DOOM BOOM!

basketballfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I never heard of him having a history of knee problems. Therefore, I never understood why he always wore the knee pads and braces. Anyone know?

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05