Who Starts Week 1 at Wide Receiver?

Who are the Starting WRs Week 1?

• Troy Franklin (First-round pick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Wilson, MI (Second-day pick)

• Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Jaylan McMillan, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People are all-in in McBride a little early. He couldn’t beat out Zach Ertz’s ghost but let’s push all the chips in on him today.

They literally cut Ertz to give mcBride the TE1 role and he was one of the best TE's in the league for the spell he was TE1. What more do you need?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Larry was a corpse by then and had less than 700 yards from the slot when you made that comment. Also, who is at #1 makes no difference to someone's ability to be a #2.

Kirk had missed 6 games out of 29 too, so was hardly Mr Reliable.
Well, we'll see if you're right about Wilson. I have no doubt we're rolling with him as our #2 this year. I just hope we leave the draft with an adequate #1, at least. I don't think even you could spin Wilson as the top of our WR depth chart as a positive :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry was a corpse by then and had less than 700 yards from the slot when you made that comment. Also, who is at #1 makes no difference to someone's ability to be a #2.

Kirk had missed 6 games out of 29 too, so was hardly Mr Reliable.
is this an offense we're supposed to be emulating? You're kind of making the argument for Stout that it was a bad decision to depend on Kirk as a legit #2 at that point.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
is this an offense we're supposed to be emulating? You're kind of making the argument for Stout that it was a bad decision to depend on Kirk as a legit #2 at that point.

No, my point is why did he think Kirk was a solid #2 in arguable an equally bad offense, but Wilson is not.

Wilson is going to just fine. This is the Trey McBride thread all over again. Anyone with eyes can see Wilson is NFL starting wide receiver calibre.

Stout

Reaction score
No, my point is why did he think Kirk was a solid #2 in arguable an equally bad offense, but Wilson is not.

Wilson is going to just fine. This is the Trey McBride thread all over again. Anyone with eyes can see Wilson might develop into an NFL starting wide receiver calibre.
FTFY

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Disagree.
Mike Wilson has clearly displayed the talent to be an NFL starter. Definitely a Y and possibly an X.
But the best ability is availability and at this point we don't know if we will be able to count on him for 15 games a season. Only time will answer that .

But, should we come out of this draft with Harrison/Odunze and something like Adonai Mitchell/Brenden Rice.... We should be fine in the long haul even if Wilson only gives us 12 games a season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This board is going to be something is Monti trades down, Wilson gets dinged up in training camp, and Brian Thomas looks like Hakeem Nicks as a immediate starting WR next to Dortch and Pascal. I don't want to hear about hindsight being 20/20 if that happens. It would have just been a bad plan.
Don’t you put that on us! DON’T YOU PUT THAT ON US!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don't put this evil on us, bro. We're all Cardinals fans here. Wilson only get injured when he gets hit; I don't think he's a soft-tissue guy.

That Hakeem Nicks thing though. That freaking hurts. He was, like, pretty good.
Borg

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it bud. Hope things turn around quickly.
Thanks! Just trying to claw my way back into a normal life since the injury and surgery. Hard to believe I was making well over six figures two years ago and might be taking a $16/hr job today. Work is work, but sheesh. At least my health is mostly back.

Anyways, back to football.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Don't put this evil on us, bro. We're all Cardinals fans here. Wilson only get injured when he gets hit; I don't think he's a soft-tissue guy.

That Hakeem Nicks thing though. That freaking hurts. He was, like, pretty good.
I meant Hakeem Butler...

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Was Hakeem Butler just a stiff? 6’6” might actually be too big for an NFL WR except for true freaks?

He was on a roster with Pittsburgh last year, who seemed to be trying him at TE. Hasn’t played in a game since 2020 tho.

Stout

Reaction score
You might have the highest set of standards out of everyone on this forum, lol.

He's really not starting caliber to you right now?
I think he can be. Are your standards really so low that you think he's a guaranteed #2. Not a placeholder #2 or a #2 on a bad team, but a bang-on, zero doubt, good #2? He certainly hasn't proved that yet, not one iota. Like K9 said, he's proven he's an NFL player. I think he'll eventually become a decent starter--IF he holds up physically which is a huuuge if--and if he develops properly, which isn't a guarantee.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are your standards really so low that you think he's a guaranteed #2. Not a placeholder #2 or a #2 on a bad team, but a bang-on, zero doubt, good #2?
I was high on him during last year’s draft process. That’s not having low standards, that’s just how highly I think of him.
He certainly hasn't proved that yet, not one iota
Not one iota? There has been flashes.
Like K9 said, he's proven he's an NFL player
Then why did you “fixed” Brit’s post to the exact opposite? lol like huh?
I think he'll eventually become a decent starter
Im not sure how he’s not “decent” right now, but I guess.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky