Who Starts Week 1 at Wide Receiver?

Who are the Starting WRs Week 1?

• Troy Franklin (First-round pick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Wilson, MI (Second-day pick)

• Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Jaylan McMillan, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was high on him during last year’s draft process. That’s not having low standards, that’s just how highly I think of him.

Not one iota? There has been flashes.

Then why did you “fixed” Brit’s post to the exact opposite? lol like huh?

Im not sure how he’s not “decent” right now, but I guess.
Flashes, absolutely. I agree. Flashes doesn't equate to guaranteed. Brit is absolutely convinced there is zero chance he's not already a good #2. Like, how can anyone have any doubt certain. Thus fixing.

He's a decent player. We don't know if he's a decent #2 starter on a team trying to compete yet. I hope we're trying to compete. We are, right?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
But at least it will be back and forth over things that have actually happened.

That beats the snot out of constant arguing over what might happen
You don’t think there’s going to be rehashing on who the Cardinal’s could’ve drafted?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Was Hakeem Butler just a stiff? 6’6” might actually be too big for an NFL WR except for true freaks?

He was on a roster with Pittsburgh last year, who seemed to be trying him at TE. Hasn’t played in a game since 2020 tho.
Bruh...UFL and last year XFL dude. Great athlete. Can only win with size and speed. No nuance to his game.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I've changed my mind on this one.
I think we are trading down. For three reasons, in order;
1) Because Odunze is going to be ahead of MHJ on their draft board. I believe JG when he says he looking for killers. If ice sculpture was on the combine agenda, Odunze would have brought a chainsaw. And Cbus, if you hated that, here's an even worse analogy: I think Odunze would cream MHJ in the octagon.
2) Do we know for sure that MHJ is healthy? No bowl game, no combine, no pro day. This bugs me. Success in drafting Fitzgerald at #3 takes some of the sting off of drafting Wadsworth at #3, but not all of it.
3) Picks. MO made five trades in his first draft and got almost all A's from the pundits. I'm not sure what the logic is for ditching that wave right when it barrels.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Flashes, absolutely. I agree. Flashes doesn't equate to guaranteed. Brit is absolutely convinced there is zero chance he's not already a good #2. Like, how can anyone have any doubt certain. Thus fixing.

He's a decent player. We don't know if he's a decent #2 starter on a team trying to compete yet. I hope we're trying to compete. We are, right?

I think he's shown enough that we don't need to bring in anyone else.

95 yards vs Seahawks, 56 vs the Giants, 86 vs the Cowboys, 76 vs the Niners, 62 vs the Rams and 58 vs the Ravens as a rookie is more than enough to see he can be at least a good #2. All but one of them with Josh Dobbs and 4 of them top 10 defenses.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think he's shown enough that we don't need to bring in anyone else.

95 yards vs Seahawks, 56 vs the Giants, 86 vs the Cowboys, 76 vs the Niners, 62 vs the Rams and 58 vs the Ravens as a rookie is more than enough to see he can be at least a good #2. All but one of them with Josh Dobbs and 4 of them top 10 defenses.
Hey, I hope you're right. That would be huge for the eam.

If we already had an established vet #1, I'd feel a lot better rolling with Wilson as #2. Right now, however, we have Wilson #1 and Dortch #2 in the WR room. That's absolutely shambolic. We are in desperate need of a veteran presence on top of a top WR. Dortch as your veteran presence and guidance in that WR room just isn't good enough. I don't want to hear about Pascal and the bottom feeder vets either--they are roster fillers and nothing else.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't even a serious question, right? Because rolling without solid leadership in the room is a good idea, right? Do better here, man. Please.
Zach Pascal pretty much fits your definition of a veteran presence, but you don’t want to hear about him so I’m confused here. Please name me a FA WR that Monti should bring here that would fit your definition.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky