Why Banks Stays

Reaction score
Marcus Banks is good at half-court games, but not Phoenix style. Last ngiht vs. Utah, it was a half-court game, so that is why Steve Nash barely had any assists. (I know, 9 assists is a lot for most ppl, but for Nash it is nothing) Marcus Banks, was excellent. He made shots, good D against Deron Williams, and even had some assists. These type of games Banks needs to get the same number of minutes as Nash. Well almost. But Banks is excellent at this, and while he won't work with the run-and-gun type system, he works great in half-court games against teams that slow down the pace (Utah, San Antonio)

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
I would not say that Banks is excellent at anything other than missing layups

sunsfn

Reaction score
Marcus Banks is good at half-court games, but not Phoenix style. Last ngiht vs. Utah, it was a half-court game, so that is why Steve Nash barely had any assists. (I know, 9 assists is a lot for most ppl, but for Nash it is nothing) Marcus Banks, was excellent. He made shots, good D against Deron Williams, and even had some assists. These type of games Banks needs to get the same number of minutes as Nash. Well almost. But Banks is excellent at this, and while he won't work with the run-and-gun type system, he works great in half-court games against teams that slow down the pace (Utah, San Antonio)

Welcome to ASFN, Marcus! :)

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I would not say that Banks is excellent at anything other than missing layups
The guy has his best game of the year provided a spark and actually looked like part of the team last night. He can be a key piece if they actually use him like they did last night.

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Espo-
I would not call Banks part of the team, rather a would call him a scared child in a land of men. His eyes show weakness and his heart shows no resolve. The only reason Banks size 7 and a half shoes touch the hardwood is because D'Antoni feels obligated to play him due the absurdly large contract signing. Some times you need to know when to hold 'em and sometimes you need to know when to fold 'em. Espo the Suns wont be venturing anywhere near the Bank with Marcus.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Espo-
I would not call Banks part of the team, rather a would call him a scared child in a land of men. His eyes show weakness and his heart shows no resolve. The only reason Banks size 7 and a half shoes touch the hardwood is because D'Antoni feels obligated to play him due the absurdly large contract signing. Some times you need to know when to hold 'em and sometimes you need to know when to fold 'em. Espo the Suns wont be venturing anywhere near the Bank with Marcus.
That was.....interesting.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Banks is a good finisher for a guy who plays underneath the hoop.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Banks is a good finisher for a guy who plays underneath the hoop.

The only thing Banks is good at is finishing his walk from the court back to the bench. The only exception was the Utah game. If he can be consistant and play like that great. However, I won't hold my breathe.

At any rate, we still need another guy off the bench for some meaningful minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
for the money that is being paid to mr. banks...he should be doing better than he is...yah he had an okay game the other night, but one outta 40 games is not good enough for me...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the money that is being paid to mr. banks...he should be doing better than he is...yah he had an okay game the other night, but one outta 40 games is not good enough for me...

It's a Catch-22, man. You give him the money, but you want to trade him because his play doesn't justify it. But if you want to get rid of him, you have to justify his salary to some other team. The only way to do that is to play him and hope he shows some spark that another team thinks they can cultivate. He shows some spark, provides some value to the team, and then you have to weigh maybe he will be the player you thought you signed.

You either play him and keep him or play him and trade him. You can't just make him disappear.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of you will be eating your words in due course with regard to Banks. He is very talented and with some PT will find his groove.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I keep seeing good things and bad things from Banks. He's a physical defender and can really run. However, he's not a good decision maker and lacks range on his jumper.

Right now he's the only guard backup D'Antoni will play with Nash banged up and Bell coming off an injury. (Jalen Rose is theoretically a guard, but lacks the defensive skills). Hating him is isn't going to get him traded because he's needed, inadequate as he is right now.

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score
Banks has all the physical tools to be successful in this system. He just needs more time to fit in and D'Antoni said that they'll have a lot of patience with him.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He did a good job of attacking the basket last night. He struggled on defense because Atl played a lineup of all 6'8+ guys that posted him up and got layups over him or got double teamed and passed to wide open guys for dunks.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I definitely appreciated Banks' aggressiveness last night, and was a large reason why we kept the score close for a while. My only issue was that there was a couple times where he was definitely forcing it. But with more experience and more playing time that should be less of an issue.

Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that he was making his outside jumpers. He missed a 3 iirc, but had a couple long 2's that looked solid. That should open up the game for him and provide him with much better driving lanes.

Defensively it was tough, but not all teams are going to play like that with no one under 6'5 on the court at one time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05