Will Amare play before the end of the playoffs?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
10 minutes off the bench will not kill their chemistry. Lord knows the Suns could use another big off the bench.

It would be worht trying. We do have bigs to come off the bench, but it's usually for high fives, or the occasional 30 ft. three. You know, whatever the team needs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
10 minutes off the bench will not kill their chemistry. Lord knows the Suns could use another big off the bench.

It did for 2 of the 3 games Amare played when he returned in the regular season--and beyond.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
It did for 2 of the 3 games Amare played when he returned in the regular season--and beyond.

It's still nice to have all your weapons available. Also Amare played well the first game back(which the Suns won) and then played stiff legged the other two games he played.

I just want a Championship for Phoenix and to have Amare available for play if D'Antoni thinks he could help. Also, just having Amare in uniform would be a distraction for the opposing team and cause the other team to do additional game planning.

Amare would have to accept limited minutes off the bench, however, maybe he has too much ego to handle this. This could even be why he is not in uniform because he wants to start when he returns.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
It's still nice to have all your weapons available. Also Amare played well the first game back(which the Suns won) and then played stiff legged the other two games he played.

I just want a Championship for Phoenix and to have Amare available for play if D'Antoni thinks he could help. Also, just having Amare in uniform would be a distraction for the opposing team and cause the other team to do additional game planning.

Amare would have to accept limited minutes off the bench, however, maybe he has too much ego to handle this. This could even be why he is not in uniform because he wants to start when he returns.

It has nothing to do with your poor assertion, D'Antoni made the call as the GM to shut him down for the rest of the season. He understands that Amare is his ticket to long term success.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Amare is not on the playoff roster.

Phoenix has 13 players on their playoff roster, however, sometime before game time one player has to be placed on inactive status. I'm not sure of the technical aspects.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
It has nothing to do with your poor assertion, D'Antoni made the call as the GM to shut him down for the rest of the season. He understands that Amare is his ticket to long term success.

A healthy Amare could very much help win the Suns a Championship sometime in the future.

In regard to Amare being totally shut down by D'Antoni, I am not sure if circumstances changed this would be his preference.

I just wondered out loud why Amare wasn't ready (or near ready) to play. I'm asking myself, if Amare's manager made the same type affirmative statement to D'Antoni that Raja Bell's agent did when he was out hurt, if D'Antoni would let Amare play off the bench?

IMO, if Amare's knees are not healed by now, this is a source of concern. If Amare's knees are healed why is there no talk of his playing?

There is no need for this to be a personal issue as I have been a Suns' fan since their inception. Everyone has different thoughts and ideas. I respect yours.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
AZ Republic said:
Free throw
Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson said Amaré Stoudemire is in the middle of stage three of his four-stage comeback plan. In about 10 days, he can start the power- and strength-oriented final stage.

"His flexibility is better than at any time in his four years with us," Nelson said.

10 days from now is June 11th.

NBA finals games are June 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20.

The suns said amare was not coming back this year. I don't think the suns ever expected to be playing basketball on June 18th and/or 20th...

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
playstation said:
10 days from now is June 11th.

NBA finals games are June 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20.

The suns said amare was not coming back this year. I don't think the suns ever expected to be playing basketball on June 18th and/or 20th...

:bhiich:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just doesn't make sense. If Amare completely ruled it out he is not on the roster. I mean I am sure they went to Amare and asked. Which means that he must have at least talked about it.

At any rate, remember that Amare didn't cause any chemistry problems when he returned. So I would say that he wouldn't this time either. I wouldn't want him to start but....I agree with many of the others. Amare coming off the bench for some mintues and Kurt coming off the bench with some minutes, gives the starters alot more breathing room.

If this series goes 7, the Suns win then have to go probably another 7 in the finals...the bench becomes SO HUGE!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Given what they just said about his recovery progress, my guess is that Stoudemire absolutely will not come back, not even if they make the Finals and go seven games. Maybe they put him on the playoff roster because they thought his recovery might go a bit more quickly.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
In the Finals we will have 8 players to use with Kurt coming back. That is enough depth. Most teams don't use more than that and I think the team we have now without Amare has a good chance to win it. No reason to risk his career. He in not ready to get many minutes and won't help much, but I say, give him 5-10 minutes in a blowout so at least he gets a chance to experience the Finals.