Will Amare play before the end of the playoffs?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I'm not sure they are "Saving Amare" If he could go, you know he would be out there, and it would be stupid not to use him.

A_SunsFan

Reaction score
I would love to see Amare back however I ask myself this question...

In order for Amare to come back he would have be doing more then working out alone or with a coach. I am thinking 4 on 4 or 5 on 5. In order to do this he would need to be practicing with the team. I would have to assume there is some media type at every practice. There is no way the media would not report on this.

I could understand why the Suns would want to keep this from being a media circus and a distraction, but could they????

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
I want Amare to comeback when he is fully healthy. I don't think the SUNS will do anything to jeopardize his career. I would take my chances with what we have.....They brought us here and lets just get the job done.

A_SunsFan

Reaction score
khilari said:
I want Amare to comeback when he is fully healthy. I don't think the SUNS will do anything to jeopardize his career. I would take my chances with what we have.....They brought us here and lets just get the job done.

I could see us attempting to use Amare if we met up with Detroit in the Finals. We would face a front line that would make the Clippers look small.

He is only a month away from working out with the summer olympic program anyways.

I dont see us rushing him back for this series both teams are going to be running. I know that Dallas claims they wont to slow it down but they wont.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am grateful that I'm allowed to express my views without fear of being kicked off the board or accused of being other people. ..I was starting to feel like a part of a Salem witch hunt. I've tried to maintain respect throughout this whole thread even though I havnt always been respected back.

Of course I want Amare to be healthy....that really hasnt been the point. I'm just saying you cant take every word as fact when it comes to players and health issues...everyone has their own motivations for what they say. I feel the Suns predictions of four months recovery time was an insult to peoples intelligence and possibly lead to Amare pushing himself too hard to comeback too soon. Why didnt they just say Amare is out indefinately and let any comeback be a surprise?? Why put pressure and false expectations out there? It makes me not trust anything out of thier mouths when it comes to injuries.

Anyway...its now 7 months removed since Amares surgery which to me is at least somewhat feesible for Amare to play a couple games if necessary. Its still soon but I dont think he's going to hurt himself he just wont be the Amare we're used to seeing..at least for now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm just saying you cant take every word as fact when it comes to players and health issues

But you can take Hardaway at his word when he blames the Suns organization for everything that's gone wrong for him?

Express your views all you want, but please at least try to be consistent.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Ha. Speaking of Penny. He's playing in a golf tourney here in Memphis so the news interveiwed him and he said the Rockets, Spurs Grizzlies and Lakers were interested in bringing him in.....

PHX 4 LIFE

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
no he better not play we didnt play good with him in the season so why bringl him back now??? besides we dont want him to get hurt anymroe!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I'm just saying you cant take every word as fact when it comes to players and health issues

But you can take Hardaway at his word when he blames the Suns organization for everything that's gone wrong for him?

Express your views all you want, but please at least try to be consistent.

So you don't believe Penny? Or Joe Johnson? What do you believe exactly....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
pokerface said:
So you don't believe Penny? Or Joe Johnson? What do you believe exactly....

I think he was talking about how you don't believe the Suns organization but you believe a whiny has-been. Not sure what your motivation there is.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So you don't believe Penny?

You're joking, right? When talking about his health, the guy contradicted himself every other month for years. It's guaranteed that he was full of it at least half the time.

Or Joe Johnson?

I think it's pretty clear, if you read the accounts of Johnson's interactions with Suns management last summer, that he doesn't really have his head on straight.

What do you believe exactly....

Evidence. How can I have not yet made that clear?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we bring back Amare for anytime in this playoffs were morons no need to risk injuring him anymore then he already his. Let him get to 100 percent next year so we can make another great playoff run and hopefully get to the finals with a 100 percent healthy Amare

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
If we can get to the finals and lose this year, why shouldn't we get to the finals and bring Amare back for those finals this year to win? If Amare played a few months earlier and didn't reinjure his reconstructed knee, then why would that happen now?

I'd be more worried about KT, than I'd be about Amare...JMO

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
elindholm said:
So you don't believe Penny?

You're joking, right? When talking about his health, the guy contradicted himself every other month for years. It's guaranteed that he was full of it at least half the time.

Or Joe Johnson?

I think it's pretty clear, if you read the accounts of Johnson's interactions with Suns management last summer, that he doesn't really have his head on straight.

What do you believe exactly....

Evidence. How can I have not yet made that clear?

Buddy are you serious?? You act like the Suns never pressure players to play or give false/hyped reports over thier condition. Do you believe every spoon fed morsal they dish out? Yeah...I'm sure they never pressured Penny or JJ...everyone else lies but the Suns higher ups....they're the great truth tellers.

If they dont pressure players then what was Jerry's talk with Stoudemire over when Amare said his return chances are 50/50? Seems like after that talk Amare did a 180 and was determined to play again....only to be back in rehab. Yeah nice talk Jerry! What happened to the talk about not bringing Amare back unless he's 100%? 50/50 talk doesnt sound like 100% to me.

Last edited:

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
pokerface said:
Buddy are you serious?? You act like the Suns never pressure players to play or give false/hyped reports over thier condition. Do you believe every spoon fed morsal they dish out? Yeah...I'm sure they never pressured Penny or JJ...everyone else lies but the Suns higher ups....they're the great truth tellers.

If they dont pressure players then what was Jerry's talk with Stoudemire over when Amare said his return chances are 50/50? Seems like after that talk Amare did a 180 and was determined to play again....only to be back in rehab. Yeah nice talk Jerry! What happened to the talk about not bringing Amare back unless he's 100%? 50/50 talk doesnt sound like 100% to me.

Sounds like pure speculation on your part.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
pokerface said:

BORRR-INNNNNNNG

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The FACTS are they said repeatedly they wouldnt bring Amare back unless he's 100%.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The FACTS are they said repeatedly they wouldnt bring Amare back unless he's 100%.

They probably thought that any reasonable person would understand that they meant they wanted his microfracture knee to be at 100% strength, to the best of their ability to measure. Which it was, and still is. Ideally, I guess, they would have checked out every other part of his body before letting him play again, but they didn't do that.

You have to get over Hardaway and the horrible evils that the world has dealt him. Worse things happen to better athletes -- not to mention better people -- all the time. Trying to make the Suns into a scapegoat for Hardaway's fall from grace isn't going to bring you any closer to understanding the truth about anything.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think they actually believed Amare would be 100% a scant 4 months after microfracture. What player was ever 100% that soon after a surgery like that?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I dont think they actually believed Amare would be 100% a scant 4 months after microfracture. What player was ever 100% that soon after a surgery like that?

Asked and answered. Find another argument.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
elindholm said:

Asked and answered. Find another argument.

I found you an avatar, its called "The Curmudgeon."

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 212

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
pokerface said:

You're still going on about this? :rolleyes:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that was a good joke by the Suns..."We're not going to bring Amare back unless he's 100%...but we're bringing him back in record time of four months". Plus Amare if you complain we're going to tell Jerry to call you and talk some sense into you.