Wilson yelling at Berry on sidelines?

Tim

Reaction score
AW & Rolle are both liabilities in coverage. In fact, AW, Rolle, Ware, & Francisco are all better suited to play SS than FS. The only true "center fielder" on our roster right now is Rashard Johnson. I fully expect him to play in a lot of the nickle and dime packages by about midseason. Like most fans and players, I'm so tired of seeing undiscipled free safety play.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really hoping Johnson works out so we can cut Rolle this offseason and avoid his huge cap hit in 2010 (I don't see us trying to restructure his deal). I know this opinion won't be popular on this board but IMO Rolle has been a huge dissapointment. He lacks in the coverage department and IMO misses way too many tackles. I'll puke if I see him dive at a ball carrier with his head down and arms at his side one more time.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
AW was a liability in pass coverage while Rolle was still in college. It is why so many were unhappy with Wilson the first 3-4 years he was in Arizona. Wilson has earned his rep with big hits, blitzes and stuffing the run, not with his pass defense. The Cards have been smart in how they have used him. But bringing him up to play LB leaves holes in our secondary. That coupled with his average coverage skills is why I say what I did.

I agree that Rolle hasn't lived up to his draft position at all however, they've had a different FS almost every year since Lassiter left. And the results have always been the same.

Jackson, Ohalete,Griffith,Holt,Rolle.

Duck, I don't disagree with anything you're saying here. I guess I just look at is as a case where we are not getting rid of AW - Thank God. So, that the case, why would we continue to try to go with inadequate FS's?? IMO, shifting Rolle to FS last season was nothing more than a "hope for the best", almost "last ditch effort"... hoping beyong hope the light would finally turn on with him. We should have addressed the FS position in a meaningful way. Instead, we did nothing last season and now have a rookie (Johnson) as our stop-gap solution...

Ugghhhh...

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Duck, I don't disagree with anything you're saying here. I guess I just look at is as a case where we are not getting rid of AW - Thank God. So, that the case, why would we continue to try to go with inadequate FS's?? IMO, shifting Rolle to FS last season was nothing more than a "hope for the best", almost "last ditch effort"... hoping beyong hope the light would finally turn on with him. We should have addressed the FS position in a meaningful way. Instead, we did nothing last season and now have a rookie (Johnson) as our stop-gap solution...

Ugghhhh...

Yeah, Johnson's a rookie..but I think he'll be a good one.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Ugghhhh...

I think maybe they just gave up on trying to get a free agent FS after all the other failures and decided to go with the draft like they did with the OLB position.

They rolled (pun intended) the dice and it appears came up empty with the move of Antrel to FS and now there is a hole in the D that none of us expected.

Maybe things will change once McFadden gets up to speed. I sure hope so.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I was watching the channel 10 sprots report last night and they showed a thing where Adub was into it with Rolle, actually had a hold of his arm and Rolle broke free and walked away, Berry walked up on it and Adub immediately jumped in in his face.
This was the late night replay so I wasn't really paying attention, kind of dozing off, but it looked like Adub was almost getting physical with Rolle than when he walked away he transferred his anger to Berry.
Like I said I was a little drowsy.

That's the same clip I saw. Looked like Berry was defending Rolle and then A-Dub got in Berry's face.