Wis Hires New DB Coach

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if Pendy stays on in those circumstances, it will be much more palatable. I still want to see him gone, but at least it wouldn't be a matter of Whiz being forced to keep him.

You are still assuming that if CP stays it's because Wiz was forced to keep him.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Yeah, if Pendy stays on in those circumstances, it will be much more palatable. I still want to see him gone, but at least it wouldn't be a matter of Whiz being forced to keep him.

I want to say this is a very respectful manner (I am not doubting that you are a great fan of the team)...
but, you really don't know what your speaking about.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You are still assuming that if CP stays it's because Wiz was forced to keep him.

Um, no. Way to misread it. People have been observing that it seems Whiz is trying to bring defensive assistants for interviews but the Steelers are blocking him. Seems to me if we actively try to bring guys in, aren't allowed, and then keep Pendy, my fears that Graves would be forcing him will have been moot. If that happens, it will mean that Whiz certainly had the opportunity to search for a new DC, and after he couldn't get one, stuck with Pendy. Now, I still don't like him as our DC, but at least it would show me that he was NOT forced on Whiz. You hear? NOT forced. Will I have to repeat it again? I'm quite impressed that Whiz has been trying to bring defensive coaches in for interviews.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, no. Way to misread it. People have been observing that it seems Whiz is trying to bring defensive assistants for interviews but the Steelers are blocking him. Seems to me if we actively try to bring guys in, aren't allowed, and then keep Pendy, my fears that Graves would be forcing him will have been moot. If that happens, it will mean that Whiz certainly had the opportunity to search for a new DC, and after he couldn't get one, stuck with Pendy. Now, I still don't like him as our DC, but at least it would show me that he was NOT forced on Whiz. You hear? NOT forced. Will I have to repeat it again? I'm quite impressed that Whiz has been trying to bring defensive coaches in for interviews.

I understood what you meant. :shrug:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I want to say this is a very respectful manner (I am not doubting that you are a great fan of the team)...
but, you really don't know what your speaking about.

Really? So, if our new HC tries to bring in defensive guys but is not allowed by other teams, and he then retains Pendy as DC, then I would not be correct in assuming Graves did NOT force Pendy on him? I would figure that scenario would bode well for how smoothly our FO is working, although I guess I don't know what I'm speaking about, eh? Gee, it's funny...right when I start backing off my vitriol on the FO and saying they might not be doing what I'm afraid they're doing, both you and Nidan come on and rip me. Albeit politely, for which I do thank you.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Looks like you guys may have just done us a favor...

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9944160

Last month, in a radio interview that might well have cost him the Falcons head coaching job, Jim Mora revealed he would like to coach in the state of Washington.

It looks as if he's going to get his chance, albeit in a different capacity.

The Seattle Seahawks are on the verge of hiring Mora as their assistant head coach/defensive backs coach. The New York Giants, who have a vacancy at the defensive coordinator position, also still could make a run at Mora. But the former Falcons head coach has an affinity for Washington and the Seahawks would be a perfect match.

Mora comes from the Mike Holmgren coaching tree, played football at the University of Washington, and has openly spoke of his desire to return to the area. The Seahawks could use a coach of Mora's passion and knowledge, and they know it.

The Seahawks front office is enamored with the idea of adding a coach like Mora who could help the team today and then, down the line, be considered as a potential replacement for Holmgren whenever the Seahawks head coach decided to retire from the game.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
apparently this went down yesterday - saw a snip in the republic on it this morning - official title is assistant head coach / secondary - while his formal duties have yet to be announced

love it

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently this went down yesterday - saw a snip in the republic on it this morning - official title is assistant head coach / secondary - while his formal duties have yet to be announced

love it

Nice to see Jim Mora didn't get completely blackballed by his " coach at alma mater ( Washington )" statement. Maybe in a year or so, the furor will have died down and he can get a new HC job. The guy is a good coach, who had to work under tough conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05