Wk 2 LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game thread. 09/08/24-09/14/24

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only thing that gives me pause is we’re due for a repeat of the 1996 season. That year we came out of the gates super strong, taking a 21-3 lead on the road at Cincy that inevitably lead to a heartbreaking opening season loss… only for our next game to be at home against the Cowboys who’d beaten us something like 18 straight times. That was a SURE loss coming and looked like it even more when we went down 22-7. Somehow we came back to win 25-22 when Kevin Butler doinked in a FG… from the 3 yard-line in OT.

So maybe blowing the 17-3 lead last week and then playing the team that’s owned us for a decade has a repeat performance and we pull the shocking upset?

I don’t know. That’s all I got.
I’ll say this. If this team and coaching staff has fire in their gut then they find a way to win this game, period.

Even with Beachum being a turnstile, even with a terrible defense. Just. Win.

No more excuses. Win a freaking division game at home. For all the talk in the offseason about the league sleeping on them, it’s time to show it. Specifically, it’s time for Kyler to show it in clutch situations when you have to have it. So far, they are 0-1 this year in seizing those opportunities.

Show me you can win in the 4th. That’s what championship football is about.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that gives me pause is we’re due for a repeat of the 1996 season. That year we came out of the gates super strong, taking a 21-3 lead on the road at Cincy that inevitably lead to a heartbreaking opening season loss… only for our next game to be at home against the Cowboys who’d beaten us something like 18 straight times. That was a SURE loss coming and looked like it even more when we went down 22-7. Somehow we came back to win 25-22 when Kevin Butler doinked in a FG… from the 3 yard-line in OT.

So maybe blowing the 17-3 lead last week and then playing the team that’s owned us for a decade has a repeat performance and we pull the shocking upset?

You have a memory that is Way to good. lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a memory that is Way to good. lol
Only for completely useless information!

That Sunday night game was epic, as was the jubilant celebration that followed. We tore the goalposts down… in Week 2. As fans carried them out to Mill Ave, I remember planting on the field, watching Tobin on the Jumbotron, doing a post game presser. It was hot as hell, but felt like heaven. 1-1… just beat the Cowboys for the first time in 9 years.

Then we lost our next 6 games en route to 1-7 and ending the season 3-13.

Good times.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

That Sunday night game was epic, as was the jubilant celebration that followed. We tore the goalposts down… in Week 2. As fans carried them out to Mill Ave, I remember planting on the field, watching Tobin on the Jumbotron, doing a post game presser. It was hot as hell, but felt like heaven. 1-1… just beat the Cowboys for the first time in 9 years.

Good times.
Trauma is always memorable lol.

I still vividly remember details regarding the Cardinals losing to the Bears on MNF.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Good times.
I can see a 1-7 start this season:(

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I think we win, not sure what gives me confidence but I think it happens.
I kept thinking after such a heartbreaking loss and the way we lost it would be very Cardinal-esque for them to come out and destroy the Rams this week lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I just looked it up and that was the 97 season, but still, very good memory.

It's crazy how bad those teams were...we would go into the season with UDFAs regularly making the team and starting.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think we win, not sure what gives me confidence but I think it happens.
As long as Sean McVay is the Rams head coach, I'll never have any confidence in a win over the Rams.

I fully expect McVay to just run the ball down the Cardinals throats and to run a bunch of misdirection type plays where it's hard to get any pressure.

Reaction score

Good times.
I remember the goal post going down Mill. I was at that game & tried all of the different flavored daquiris or whatever they were at Fat Tuesdays? on Mill. Threw up the rainbow later on early in the morning. We had just moved in to a new house as well & I didn't have keys to get in so I had to ring the doorbell to have the wife let me in. She was not happy that night lol.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This fan base desperately needs something good to happen Sunday. You know what they say about teams that start out 0-2 and playoff chances.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This fan base desperately needs something good to happen Sunday. You know what they say about teams that start out 0-2 and playoff chances.
Even the most hopeful members of this board thought we would start 1-5, and that was before injuries to BJ and Robinson.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept thinking after such a heartbreaking loss and the way we lost it would be very Cardinal-esque for them to come out and destroy the Rams this week lol
Actually, it would be more Cardinals-esque to come out flat and get killed.

If it was Cardinals-esque to have great bounce back games after heart-wrenching losses, considering how often those occur, we’d actually be a pretty great franchise.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I remember the goal post going down Mill. I was at that game & tried all of the different flavored daquiris or whatever they were at Fat Tuesdays? on Mill. Threw up the rainbow later on early in the morning. We had just moved in to a new house as well & I didn't have keys to get in so I had to ring the doorbell to have the wife let me in. She was not happy that night lol.
Riding the rail at Fat Tuesdays is a bold move.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm honestly more interested to see if a fan base shows up. I sense very little juice out here, but I'm just one shut-in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky