Wk 2 LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game thread. 09/08/24-09/14/24

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I do feel like the Rams have a lot of injuries that could help us out. But it's not going to be easy at all.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we win, not sure what gives me confidence but I think it happens.
0-2 and then to take on the Lions would be a disasterous start to the season. I think we match up better against the Rams than the Lions, but time will tell.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I’m very tempted to start sports betting again…

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This was an interesting nugget at the end of the story:

The Cardinals, meanwhile, came out of their season-opening loss to the Buffalo Bills relatively cleanly, though a knee injury to starting right tackle Jonah Williams could linger into the next week.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyren Williams is going to eat this D-line for lunch. And I shudder to think what Cupp will do to our Corners if Stafford is healthy.
He might not. Their OL is like practice squad players right now. Even though the Bills had some good runs, the counting stats show they didn't exactly run roughshod.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think this game is a toss up. There’s no Donald to account for and the OL, sans Beachum, looked pretty good.

Weather won’t be a factor and hopefully Petzing calls a better game after the defense makes adjustments.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this game is a toss up. There’s no Donald to account for and the OL, sans Beachum, looked pretty good.

Weather won’t be a factor and hopefully Petzing calls a better game after the defense makes adjustments.
Plus I don't believe that Rams fans travel well so maybe the Cardinals will have a home field advantage next week.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
45m

Some Arizona Cardinals injury updates from Jonathan Gannon:
- Jonah Williams is still getting testing done on his knee.
- Max Melton is in concussion protocol.
- Xavier Weaver is expected back on the practice field this week.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
45m

Some Arizona Cardinals injury updates from Jonathan Gannon:
- Jonah Williams is still getting testing done on his knee.
- Max Melton is in concussion protocol.
- Xavier Weaver is expected back on the practice field this week.
Rams are in trouble with Weaver comin back….

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't even count Ram's oline been decimated an advantage with current state of D smh

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will get no pressure against a banged up Rams OLine & Tyler Johnson will have a career day.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Basically a do-or-die game for both teams. 0-2 teams still only make the post season about 11% of the time. If I’m a betting man, I’m not betting against the HC who in 7 seasons as a HC has only had a losing season once!

Oh and let’s not forget to mention Sean McVay has NEVER lost to the Cardinals at State Farm Stadium. He’s a perfect 7-0.

You cannot in good faith say we win this game, you just can’t. Could in happen, sure. Is it likely? The answer is emphatically no.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically a do-or-die game for both teams. 0-2 teams still only make the post season about 11% of the time. If I’m a betting man, I’m not betting against the HC who in 7 seasons as a HC has only had a losing season once!

Oh and let’s not forget to mention Sean McVay has NEVER lost to the Cardinals at State Farm Stadium. He’s a perfect 7-0.

You cannot in good faith say we win this game, you just can’t. Could in happen, sure. Is it likely? The answer is emphatically no.
The only thing that gives me pause is we’re due for a repeat of the 1996 season. That year we came out of the gates super strong, taking a 21-3 lead on the road at Cincy that inevitably lead to a heartbreaking opening season loss… only for our next game to be at home against the Cowboys who’d beaten us something like 18 straight times. That was a SURE loss coming and looked like it even more when we went down 22-7. Somehow we came back to win 25-22 when Kevin Butler doinked in a FG… from the 3 yard-line in OT.

So maybe blowing the 17-3 lead last week and then playing the team that’s owned us for a decade has a repeat performance and we pull the shocking upset?

I don’t know. That’s all I got.