Wk 2 of training camp (copy&paste tweets only). 07/29/24-08/04/24

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Wow, Gannon run things differently than the previous coach. I like the way he thinks about player growth.

Right? The messaging/leadership from RG is clear.

Bless Kliff's heart, he never had any kind of message. He looked like a deer in the headlights all the time! All the time!

It's to the point where I just kind of feel sorry for KK, and blessed to have RG leading this team now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he can't beat out Demercado and Carter for carries, he must just flat out suck. Rookie RB's tend to perform if they have any talent.

I think he will quickly get the second spot on the depth chart - if not he will never amount to anything IMO.

You need to watch this for why Emari is going to play more than you think

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Carter is genuinely good, he was a great prospect at UNC that performed well in the NFL as the change of pace back before the Jets OL turned into a graveyard. He got 6.8 YPC for us in the 6 games we had him last year. He is a much better version of Chase Edmonds and should be the change of pace back no matter who the starter is.

Demercado is surprising, but Gannon is hyping him up as if he's made massive improvements to his game. I have my doubts, but if he has upped his game, I wouldn't spin it as a negative.

I think that Benson will end up 2nd in the depth chart, but if he doesn't all it means is we have a very good problem to have in the running back room. Benson's tape doesn't lie, there are no doubts in my mind about him being a legit NFL running back.

Agree and thanks.

Kind of a side note but I think what you're saying underscores the fact that an effective RB can be added to a team's roster without expending a great deal of draft or FA capital.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
"The Edge group looks worse than advertised"

Oof, not that any of us didn't see this

I guarantee to you we won't win anything this year if we can't pressure the opposing team's QB. NFL QBs and WRs/TEs too talented, too athletic, not to beat our secondary if given enough time.

JG/NR going to have to scheme some sacks/pressure.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guarantee to you we won't win anything this year if we can't pressure the opposing team's QB. NFL QBs and WRs/TEs too talented, too athletic, not to beat our secondary if given enough time.

RG/NR going to have to scheme some sacks/pressure.
Ball control will keep the defense from tiring late in games. Scheming pressure only works when your players aren’t tired.

Granted I’m not as worried about edge pressure as most on this board.

If the defense can improve against the run it will be a huge step forward for this defense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ball control will keep the defense from tiring late in games. Scheming pressure only works when your players aren’t tired.

If the defense can improve against the run it will be a huge step forward for this defense.
You have to be able to pressure the QB for a defense to get off the field. Manufacturing pressure can work but it will also lead to more big plays. I disagree that ball control is any sort of significant factor. Cardinals were one of the best rushing teams in the NFL last year and they drafted 4th.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

One thing is for certain. It will be absolutely fascinating to see what JG, a good defensive mind, can do with a significant infusion of talent on that side of the ball.

That we'll be better this year on defense is all but certain. How much better will we be though? From 30th to 25th? From 30th to 20th? We're going to learn a lot about JG/NR this year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a rookie. You have to remember that the competition he is facing in camp is better than 90% (maybe too conservative) of the DBs he faced in college.
He's also supposed to be the best player in the draft - if that is so he should perform even as a rookie.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One thing is for certain. It will be absolutely fascinating to see what JG, a good defensive mind, can do with a significant infusion of talent on that side of the ball.

That we'll be better this year on defense is all but certain. How much better will we be though? From 30th to 25th? From 30th to 20th? We're going to learn a lot about JG/NR this year.
I’m calling it now, top 20. If the CBs develop as I think maybe top 15 by year end:)

rarely am I right about such things but the first preseason game hasn’t been played yet so I’m still in the running for being correct.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If he can't beat out Demercado and Carter for carries, he must just flat out suck. Rookie RB's tend to perform if they have any talent.

I think he will quickly get the second spot on the depth chart - if not he will never amount to anything IMO.
Imo it’s too early to read much into depth charts right now. Rookies have to prove themselves.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Despite being one of the three musketeers of poo posting (and documented colonial) I will say Monti's plan of drafting guys who love football has resulted in more talented players than I initially thought it would.

It's tough to know for sure, but several of these recently drafted guys seem to be putting in more work on their own than rookies in the past. I could be telling myself a story but maturity doesn't seem to be an issue with many drafted players these past two drafts. Clark. Demercado. Only two I can think of that I read articles of needing to be challenged.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
RG? Rich Gannon?

Sorry meant to put JG. I think Gannon probably has a huge amount of input on our defensive philosophy and gameplannig.

It does look like Rallis calls the actual defense plays though. Not 100% sure. Being on this staff with JG is a great opportunity for Rallis in any event.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Despite being one of the three musketeers of poo posting (and documented colonial) I will say Monti's plan of drafting guys who love football has resulted in more talented players than I initially thought it would.

It's tough to know for sure, but several of these recently drafted guys seem to be putting in more work on their own than rookies in the past. I could be telling myself a story but maturity doesn't seem to be an issue with many drafted players these past two drafts. Clark. Demercado. Only two I can think of that I read articles of needing to be challenged.
Agree Aramis... lots of these young guys are pretty obsessive in their prep ... I really hope it translates.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky