Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

• Total voters

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i would not trade for Lonzo at all. certainly not for JJ.

my argument:
Con Lonzo:
1. lack of passion. we already have too much of that. Though he has defensive skills, he'll never be what we need on offense or defense without passion.
2. his first season was not good and his 2nd season stats are down -- in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals -- and that is also in per 36 minute stats and advanced stats.
3. his 41.7 free-throw % is a deal-breaker that means our point guard can't be on the floor when we need him in crunch time
4. his dad has been clear that he wants Lonzo in LA. if he returns, LA will have both JJ & Ball and we'll have nothing. and be in need of another pg.
5. his dad is disruptive. if Magic and Lebron can barely contain him, Sarver surely can't.
6. if you sell $500 shoes your priorities aren't in the right place. same if you buy your dad a Rolls Royce in your rookie year.

Pro JJ:
1. one of the Suns best defenders.
2. one of the Suns most passionate players. hustles.
3. is improving late this season, like he did late last season.
4. is showing signs of correcting his shot mechanics
5. is a creative passer and good ball handler
6. should make better decisions with age and experience
7. could have a Clyde Drexler like career, starting as an excellent defender and slasher before developing his outside efficiency
8. seems to like it here and fits in. has leadership potential

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way in hell I make that trade. Lonzo is not good.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm concerned about a 3-way where Lonzo comes here, JJ goes to NO with the Lakers other assets to make Davis happen

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Magic is not drafting a bad PG ain't happening. He knows the talent of Ball. If I'm not mistaken you've already said you're taking every PG in the league over Ball which is asinine. Either you or the other 1 poster said it.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the other 1. but, i just don't want Ball on this team period.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only way I even consider it is if we get Kuzma or an extended Randle or Mirotic as well, and we give up nothing else, and even then I'm not sure I would do it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In a second. Only thing giving me pause is his FT shooting and father but I haven’t heard anything about Lavar for a while.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
I would also not trade TJ for Lonzo as some current rumors have hinted.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still hope that Jackson can turn it around, but I trade him for Ball without even thinking twice.

However, I don't see any particular reason (except maybe Lavar Ball, which is a bit overrated and boring reason anyway) why the Lakers would do this.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
per36 Okobo is a better player than Ball in almost every category. I know it is skewed because of Elie's low minutes, but it is still food for thought.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would also not trade TJ for Lonzo as some current rumors have hinted.
Considering TJ has higher trade value than JJ, should be obvious if you wouldn’t trade JJ for him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly can't decide.

I value them nearly equally. I would be all over a deal with TJ as the main component but I now believe Jackson is going to become a very good player based on the way he has played the last few weeks.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I honestly can't decide.

I value them nearly equally. I would be all over a deal with TJ as the main component but I now believe Jackson is going to become a very good player based on the way he has played the last few weeks.

This sums up my feelings as well.

Edit: Although I think I'm a little prone to the endowment effect, so I'll vote Jackson and the Bucks pick.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell to the no. Not because I think Jackson is a world beater either. It's freaking Lonzo Ball. You get his pops to boot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly can't decide.

Josh does this. Plays well for a little while and gives you hope, and then he throws it away again. JJ is going to have to be good for a long period of time for me to believe he has actually turned a corner. He is still a short armed wing who can't shoot well.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How good was Shawn Marion at age 20? That's his upside match.

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
Lonzo is still a guard that can't shoot. Ball is shooting 41.7% from the line, a figure down from his already-bad rookie season when he shot 45.1%. That's Shaq level.

This is for your "floor general" who will have the ball in his hands all the time. Your going to have to take him off the floor at the end of close games.

People like to compare him to Kidd. Kidd shot 70% early in his career, ending up at 83% many years later. So, what, Ball is going to shoot 55% in 5 years?

He's worth the Milwaukee pick alone at best.

Last edited:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade JJ for Ball. If we can acquire Ball without giving up a player, that wouid be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake