Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

• Total voters

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, the Morant stuff is just crazy. Even if he is good, he is so young. It will be two three years before he makes a difference. I really don't have a problem trading away our 2019 with top two or three protection. I would want a little more than top 1 because there is always a chance some team passes on Zion for some reason. After all, Sac passed on Doncic.

If we really want to get in on the Lakers action with NO and try to get Lonzo, you have to understand what the teams are after.

New Orleans is going to want draft picks, good ones, rather than any Suns players.
The Lakers are going to want anything that helps them get AD, and expirings. They are trying to create as much cap space as possible this summer.

So, a trade with the Lakers that includes anything that might be considered good first round picks and expirings will get their interest. The Lakers have to trade for AD NOW. If they wait for summer, they have no idea what might happen. They will go all in. But the best offer NO might get is now as well, and who knows, if AD pops an achilles or something, they will be out of luck. So if the Lakers really go all in, I think NO will do it.

I think a top 3 protected Suns pick this year or next would land Lonzo. Any players included would be expirings just to make the trade work--maybe Bender and Daniels or something.

The Lakers are already adding all their young talent. NOP already has Jrue. Any Suns first round pick right now will really add attraction to a Laker offer.

Last edited:

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns definitely need a good ball handler who can distribute. But wow, when you trade for that guy, you're getting a whole lot of baggage. At least LeBron and the front office muzzled his daddy. Sometimes I wonder if Igor or Jones could do the same.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I would consider True Holiday and something else for the Suns 2019. Maybe Jrue Holiday and a protected pick or pick swap back?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would consider True Holiday and something else for the Suns 2019. Maybe Jrue Holiday and a protected pick or pick swap back?

Yes but it sounds like New Orleans wants to retool not rebuild and keep Jrue. The Pelicans are now asking LA for all their young guys and four 1st rounders

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a top 3 protected Suns pick this year or next would land Lonzo. Any players included would be expirings just to make the trade work--maybe Bender and Daniels or something.

The Lakers are already adding all their young talent. NOP already has Jrue. Any Suns first round pick right now will really add attraction to a Laker offer.

I don't think that gets it done at all. Pelicans want a TON in return and if the Lakers all of the sudden get really good with that addition...their next four 1st round picks is not going to get it done. Those will be high 1st round picks and the Pelicans know it. Second I don't see the Lakers EVER giving up 4. EVER.

Plus if they are truly trying to rip all of the Lakers young guys you know that won't happen either. They still need a bench. Again....the Suns would have to pony up more in any 3 way deal.

Sounds like to me the price is going to skyrocket for the Suns if they want to get in on the deal. For Ball?!?!?!! Is that worth it for basically a potential guy who has shown he probably will never be a shooter?

Pretty pricey gamble.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think that gets it done at all. Pelicans want a TON in return and if the Lakers all of the sudden get really good with that addition...their next four 1st round picks is not going to get it done. Those will be high 1st round picks and the Pelicans know it. Second I don't see the Lakers EVER giving up 4. EVER.

Plus if they are truly trying to rip all of the Lakers young guys you know that won't happen either. They still need a bench. Again....the Suns would have to pony up more in any 3 way deal.

Sounds like to me the price is going to skyrocket for the Suns if they want to get in on the deal. For Ball?!?!?!! Is that worth it for basically a potential guy who has shown he probably will never be a shooter?

Pretty pricey gamble.
Totally disagree with your take. A top 3 protected Suns pick would be the gem of the deal. Since NO has Jrue, they would love to have that pick over Ball who is really not that good. They already have Jrue AND Elfrid under contract and even Elfrid might be better than Ball. I am not saying we should do this deal, but the key to getting Ball is NOT about the players the Suns offer, its about the pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally disagree with your take. A top 3 protected Suns pick would be the gem of the deal. Since NO has Jrue, they would love to have that pick over Ball who is really not that good. They already have Jrue AND Elfrid under contract and even Elfrid might be better than Ball. I am not saying we should do this deal, but the key to getting Ball is NOT about the players the Suns offer, its about the pick.

New Orleans is going through a rebuild and they already know that Holiday won't be a part of their future, Jrue has made that fairly clear even if NO wanted to pay that much for a point guard on a team starting over. And I'm sure they'd rather have a top 3 protected pick instead of a player that was a number 2 just a year and a half ago but has greatly underperformed. Why would we ever consider to pay full value for Ball? It makes no sense.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I realize that and IMO that will NOT satisfy them based on what they are asking for as of now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I agree that a top-3 protected pick would probably get it done, but it would be a huge overpayment. If not for the family hype, Ball would have gone outside the lottery and would already be pretty much forgotten by now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A top three protected pick should get it done for Ball and add filler like Bender and Daniels.

Keep Jackson.

If the Suns go for Holiday then it's going to cost the Suns more like Anderson, Jackson and a couple of first round picks. The thing with Anderson, he is a negative value.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear the LaVar interview?

I try not to bash local media too often, but holy crap, that interview was just ridiculous...

All three came in with an agenda and all three came out the losing end.. Seriously, Doug and Wolf, I expected it from LaVar, but you guys asking the same questions over and over again sounded petty and unnecessary...

DO BETTER local media... or at the very least don't* sabotage a shot to make this team better

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I try not to bash local media too often, but holy crap, that interview was just ridiculous...

All three came in with an agenda and all three came out the losing end.. Seriously, Doug and Wolf, I expected it from LaVar, but you guys asking the same questions over and over again sounded petty and unnecessary...

DO BETTER local media... or at the very least to sabotage a shot to make this team better

Do you have a link to the interview?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

DO BETTER local media... or at the very least to sabotage a shot to make this team better

Interview was sooooooooo bad. Honestly, though why would you expect anything more from Doug and Wolf?!?!?!

By the way, I know this is some cherry picking but I can't. I just can't. There have been many NBA players through the years who have been known to be good passers and not great shooters.

This though?!?!?!!?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

New Orleans is going through a rebuild and they already know that Holiday won't be a part of their future, Jrue has made that fairly clear even if NO wanted to pay that much for a point guard on a team starting over. And I'm sure they'd rather have a top 3 protected pick instead of a player that was a number 2 just a year and a half ago but has greatly underperformed. Why would we ever consider to pay full value for Ball? It makes no sense.

I guess I'm not seeing the difference here unless Steve thinks a top 3 protected pick is too much to pay for Ball.

I'd do a top three protected pick and filler for Ball but Holiday is preferable depending upon how much the Suns have to give up.

With Anderson's negative contract included it is going to take a lot more to get Holiday.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was listening to NBA radio this morning. They completely blew off and laughed at lonzo ball to the suns. And asked why the suns or anyone would give a much if anything for Lonzo. Then they chuckled..."maybe James Jones wants to help out his old buddy LeBron".

The Suns would be foolish to give up a pick or anyone on the roster for Lonzo. It's media hype and information being leaked to further a trade along.

I'm not sure why the Pelicans would want to be the Lakers 2.0? They have Randle already, now they want the rest of the team, they'll be the Lakers from the previous couple of years and that squad proved nothing.

Lonzo has not proven anything, he's overrated due to LA hype as the rest of the pieces that are up for trade. The Suns and Pelicans should not want anything from LA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Lavar thinks Walton is bad, imagine what he will say about Igor...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Was listening to NBA radio this morning. They completely blew off and laughed at lonzo ball to the suns. And asked why the suns or anyone would give a much if anything for Lonzo. Then they chuckled..."maybe James Jones wants to help out his old buddy LeBron".

The Suns would be foolish to give up a pick or anyone on the roster for Lonzo. It's media hype and information being leaked to further a trade along.

I'm not sure why the Pelicans would want to be the Lakers 2.0? They have Randle already, now they want the rest of the team, they'll be the Lakers from the previous couple of years and that squad proved nothing.
That's why they want 4 first round picks from them!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know Pappa ball is a whack job and crazy. However, if there was even once ounce of truth to "The Suns will take all three of my boys"?!?!?!!?

Mark my words. That would be it for me and this franchise. Mark it down..immortalize it in signatures...done until the team got an enema.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's why they want 4 first round picks from them!

Right. But those mentioning the Pelicans re-tooling and the Suns lusting of Lonzo, it probably doesn't end well for Suns and Pels for the players they acquire. My points isn't about the future picks, its about who each team will receive and the lack of production from LA's junk.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake