Wow Singletary in the post game presser

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THey asked about the call on the last play and he said something like "I don't know, I guess Mike Martz felt there would be a cavity inside on it so he called that play, HE called that play.

I realize Martz is the OC but you're the head coach and you've been preaching accountability since you got hired, and now you go out of your way to make sure we all knew Martz called that play?

Weak.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
THey asked about the call on the last play and he said something like "I don't know, I guess Mike Martz felt there would be a cavity inside on it so he called that play, HE called that play.

I realize Martz is the OC but you're the head coach and you've been preaching accountability since you got hired, and now you go out of your way to make sure we all knew Martz called that play?

Weak.

I heard him say that and thought the same thing. I think he is showing that he is not ready to be a HC.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds weak but Martz did call the play. Everybody knew that already.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He threw Davis under the bus last week and now Martz this week

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Singletary is in over his head, I said that when he was hired. This loss will linger for awhile. I bet they get blown out next week.

The other day I was thinking about what's happened to the last few teams we've beaten.

Buffalo: came in to game 4-0 and looking like they would win the AFCE. Since then they've gone 1-3 and are 4th in their division.

Dallas: Came in to game 4-1 and have since then imploded. 1-2 since playing us and Jerry Jones making panic moves. They've gone from SB favorites to might not make the playoffs.

St. Louis: Riding a wave of renewed hope after making a coaching change. We crushed them and they follow it up with a 47-3 blowout in NY.

San Francisco: Can they actually get any worse?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
???

Martz is paid call the offense, so I dont see an issue here with Singletary's comments...

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
"We knew in that huddle that we could create the kind of screw-ups that had not been seen before."

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm telling you we're taking the curse dump of the century, and it's literally ripping the universe a new one.

At this rate people could literally just flash out of existence from the tidal wave of karmic bad luck we're unleashing on our road to redemption.

I wouldn't want to play us, it could ruin your half century or longer.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???

Martz is paid call the offense, so I dont see an issue here with Singletary's comments...

Here is the basic issue. Yes, Martz called the play, but Singletary is the HC and ultimately responsible for game results. I know Whisenhunt turned over play calls to Haley but you would never (I don't think) see him throw Haley under the bus in a press conference. If MS does not like Martz' play calling then take it over.

Very unprofessional, IMO.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Calling people in front of media, dropping your pants... this guy is NOT HC material.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is martz responsible for Frank Gore not being in on the last play?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Weak.

Not fair to Singletary. He is the real deal, IMO. I understand what you are saying, but it really was Martz that screwed the pooch for the whiners.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Not fair to Singletary. He is the real deal, IMO. I understand what you are saying, but it really was Martz that screwed the pooch for the whiners.

The ESPN crew on several occasions said Singletary was trying to build a "family" organization. What kind of family is that where you throw one of the family members under the bus?

Judging how well the Niners passed the ball at the end, and how suspect the Cardinals pass defense has been, I'd say Singletary screwed up by demanding Martz go with the physical run offense.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Martz: I'll show him. He wants to run the ball more? I'll run it with the backup upback with 2 seconds on the clock.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The other day I was thinking about what's happened to the last few teams we've beaten.

Buffalo: came in to game 4-0 and looking like they would win the AFCE. Since then they've gone 1-3 and are 4th in their division.

Dallas: Came in to game 4-1 and have since then imploded. 1-2 since playing us and Jerry Jones making panic moves. They've gone from SB favorites to might not make the playoffs.

St. Louis: Riding a wave of renewed hope after making a coaching change. We crushed them and they follow it up with a 47-3 blowout in NY.

San Francisco: Can they actually get any worse?

but what about Miami? 5-2 since losing to the Cards. Including wins over NE and Buffalo.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If the Niners have a decent second half I think they will retain MS and I will bet they dump Martz.

They were shown arguing earlier in the game when Martz wanted to go for it on 4th down and Singletary called for a FG.

They seem to butt heads alot. I suspect MS is setting Martz up to be canned when the season is over with postgame comments like that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think that Singletary is going to be a VG HC. Of course Mike Martz, acknowledged as a brilliant offensive coach, is going to make the call. Mike Singletary, a former linebacker, has a defensive background and HC or not he doesn't have the feel for the offense to call a play. In time he might, but not yet. And he did have his team prepared to play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05