You are gonna luagh.....but

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are gonna laugh.....but

Kevin Kasper will be the teams most valueable player this year. He is Ricky Prohel all over again. He just needs a chance. McCown to Kasper.....music to me ears!

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
Kevin Kasper will be the teams most valueable player this year. He is Ricky Prohel all over again. He just needs a chance. McNown to Kasper.....music to me ears!

If this happens, it will be as a kick-off returner. Not to say he won't catch a few td's or make a few big catches....but MVP?

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup.....you wont see numbers like Quan got last year from anyone on this team this year. Kasper will make the 3rd down catches that will lead to WINNING touchdowns.....to me, thats most valueable. Im not saying that the media will mark him "most valueable player"....but you have to look on the inside of the team to see your real mvp. How manny game winning catches did Ricky Proehl make in St. Louis for the rams. He doesnt make those catches, they dont advance.....how valuable was he?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, but......

where is Q and Fitzgerald going to be when we are facing these big 3rd down situations? Does that mean Bryant Johnson is on the bench? I agree with your assessment that Kasper is a Ricky Proehl type player, but in the past, Proehl had many more opportunities to get on the field than Kasper will. I also think the Rams advanced last year without Ricky Proehl. ;)

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It wasnt last year that i was talking about. Not sure what year it was, but he caught the winning td pass in the championship game, which moved the rams to the superbowl, which they won. As for Kasper vs Bryant, DG loves speed, and Bryant hasnt showed me ANYTHING yet. Kasper has shown the ability to go over the middle, and catch the ball. No alligator arms for him.

slanidrac16 said:
where is Q and Fitzgerald going to be when we are facing these big 3rd down situations? Does that mean Bryant Johnson is on the bench? I agree with your assessment that Kasper is a Ricky Proehl type player, but in the past, Proehl had many more opportunities to get on the field than Kasper will. I also think the Rams advanced last year without Ricky Proehl. ;)

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
Kevin Kasper will be the teams most valueable player this year. He is Ricky Prohel all over again. He just needs a chance. McNown to Kasper.....music to me ears!

Your gonna laugh - but before the Cade McNown to Kasper "music to your ears" occurs, Kasper will have to lose his job at camp. :D

Last edited:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
gamebird98 said:
It wasnt last year that i was talking about. Not sure what year it was, but he caught the winning td pass in the championship game, which moved the rams to the superbowl, which they won. As for Kasper vs Bryant, DG loves speed, and Bryant hasnt showed me ANYTHING yet. Kasper has shown the ability to go over the middle, and catch the ball. No alligator arms for him.
Johnson only has 1 year under his belt. Reports are that he is catching everything his way in practices (per MJ & Skkorps reports).

His rookie numbers are comparable with guys like Moulds, Boston, Terrell Owens, Laveranues Coles & way better than Bruce, Toomer, Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith, Plaxico Burress.

To call him out right now is ridiculous.....Boldin's rookie season was unlike a rookie season sans Moss in the past 30 years.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think Kasper is a lot less polished than Prhoel. Also not as durable. Kasper gets banged up too much. He's gonna be lucky to make the team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McNown to Kasper....

Myabe on next year's #8 seed in the Arena playoffs.

Kasper has to standout on special teams in preseason to even think about making the squad this year. I doubt he can beat out Williams for PR or Scobey for KR.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
How many receivers will be on the 53 man roster? Q, Fitz and BJ are locks. After that, McAddley, Poole and KK. Who else might take a spot?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Q had the most 3rd conversions in the NFL last year and that was basically playing alone.

How fast is Bryant and how fast is Kasper? Any reliable numbers?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I think Q had the most 3rd conversions in the NFL last year and that was basically playing alone.

You are correct, Boldin had 30, Holt had 29, and Horn/C.Johnson tied for 3rd with with 26.
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=N&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=104&Submit=Go

He was also #1 WR in total YAC Yards.
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=N&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=231&Submit=Go

vikesfan said:
How fast is Bryant and how fast is Kasper? Any reliable numbers?

BJ - 6'2, 214 lbs., 4.37 40 time, 39" vertical at the combine
http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdetails.php?sid=1181

Kasper - 6'0, 202 lbs., 4.43 40 time, 43" vertical at the combine
http://apssdraft.tripod.com/allproscouting/id37.html

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!

I did not know that BJ was that fast!!! If McCown and Q, Fitz, and BJ play up to their capabilities, we are going to drive defensive co-ordinators nuts!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Kasper as well and I think he is in a race for 2 spots with Poole (who I like), Mcaddley and Gilmore (never met the last two).

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
McNown to Kasper....

Myabe on next year's #8 seed in the Arena playoffs.
QUOTE]

LMAO. Between Quan and Fitz and BJ, Kasper won't even be on the field muc if at all. if he doesn't make the team.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
Bryant Johnson will be a first round bust

Very insightfull, after this well thought out and great arguement I am going to have to agree.:rolleyes:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nidan said:
I like Kasper as well and I think he is in a race for 2 spots with Poole (who I like), Mcaddley and Gilmore (never met the last two).

If Green goes on talent rather than potential, Kasper and Poole will make the team and Gilmore and McAddley will hit the bricks. Speed means nothing if you don't have the moves to get free or the hands to catch the ball. Gilmore and McAddley have speed, but they both have lead hands and neither has the moves to break out into the open.

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys all have BJ in the pro bowl....im just saying that he wont even be with the team after this year. Kasper is a better receiver.

Crimson Warrior said:
Nice work for your 36th post there gamebird.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly where has anybody said that. BJ will be the #3 wr this year, probably.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
Johnson will be a great WR for the Cards. Your WRs are actually a little frightening. If Kasper does end up beign the MVP of the Cards, then expect a 3-13 record. Theres too much talent on the roster for Kasper to do anyhting.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
You guys all have BJ in the pro bowl....im just saying that he wont even be with the team after this year. Kasper is a better receiver.

Again please based on what?

Saying he is a better WR doesnt make him one.