Your prediction. No poll

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. So I know it’s early in the process but I’m looking for who you want and who you think will be our next head coach. I’ll start. I Want Zac Taylor. I predict Adam Gase.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Which guy is the tight end coach for the Saints? He sounds interesting

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
1. Mike Munchak
2. Adam Gase
3. Jim Caldwell

What an uninspiring list. Unless the light suddenly comes on with Gase, he is young enough but is he smart enough to learn from his mistakes.

The other 2 would be shades of the safe/boring hire. Thankfully there have be no rumors of Caldwell or Munchak.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I want a young offensive oriented coach because I believe in Rosen and want a long term coach/QB partnership. Let them grow together.

No more old guys outside of assistant/coordinator jobs

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not sure what Jim Caldwell did that was so poor.

The Cardinals need a coach that can build a team, so I do not think a rookie head coach is going to be a good idea.

A coach like Jim Caldwell, Adam Gase, or even a Marvin Lewis are guys that can make a team competitive. They are certainly not inspiring choices, or fit that "new style NFL offense" mold, but they have had some success in the league.

Sure, a rookie head coach COULD produce great results, but I think it is a boom or bust situation. The Cardinals cannot afford another bust at this moment, in my humble opinion.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what Jim Caldwell did that was so poor.

The Cardinals need a coach that can build a team, so I do not think a rookie head coach is going to be a good idea.

A coach like Jim Caldwell, Adam Gase, or even a Marvin Lewis are guys that can make a team competitive. They are certainly not inspiring choices, or fit that "new style NFL offense" mold, but they have had some success in the league.

Sure, a rookie head coach COULD produce great results, but I think it is a boom or bust situation. The Cardinals cannot afford another bust at this moment, in my humble opinion.
The question is who do you want, who do you think?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want Kingsbury. (Why? Gut feel - I want a madman steering our offense).

But criteria for new HC will change because M Bidwill wil want to avoid the mistakes he made in hiring Wilks.

This would probably mean:

- Offensive-minded coach

- Aggressive and courageous play caller

- Speaks his mind rather than giving everyone a lot of coach speak

- Head coaching experience

- Part of a respected coaching tree

- Knows how to right a sinking ship

Since we don't know what went into the Bidwill-Wilks relationship (or how Keim fit into that equation), it will be hard to know what the mistakes were that Michael B would seek to avoid. Predicting our new HC will be close to impossible.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Munchak. I would be entirely fine with that hire. Unfortunately, his name hasn't even been whispered as a candidate.

Coz, Cardinals interviewed Munchak in 2017 and wanted to hire the man. Munchak decided (in a public statement citing family reasons) he would rather be an assistant than take up Cardinals job. That was a blow to Bidwill.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What an uninspiring list. Unless the light suddenly comes on with Gase, he is young enough but is he smart enough to learn from his mistakes.

The other 2 would be shades of the safe/boring hire. Thankfully there have be no rumors of Caldwell or Munchak.
Munchak would be completely horrible with the right people around him. His offenses were mediocre at best but considering his QB options included Locker, an over the hill Hassellbeck, and Fitztragic I think he did pretty good. I do think he would be good at building up an offensive line so maybe bring him in as an offensive line coach if not HC.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone even want to be coach for this team? Seems like we hired the last guy avail. last 2 coaching hires. All the names being strewn about. Not real impressed. Kingsbury is too untraditional for the cardinals. Gase Munchak and Caldwell...eh..We might not get any of them and might be stuck with the last option again .

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Mcarthy - wants to be a cardinal - oh hell yes - urban Meyers would be cool too