Youth at WR...

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
I'd rather know what our young guys are made of.

Throw them in the fire!

A player who will be succesful will step up, just as Jeff Blake said

Amare stepped up - he wasn't ready

I expect at least 1 of our recievers to step up.

One out of 5 or 6 still leaves 4 or 5 dropping passes, getting beat and not getting open. Amare had 4 others vets with him on the court and basketball is much diffferent than football for rookies. 1 good rookie WR against most teams best corners is not promising, IMO. They will swarm on whoever comes out looking like the number one and know the other 2 or three are not much of a risk but if that is the route Graves wants to go I guess Emmitt, Hodgins and F Jones will break records with receptions. Who is the last rookie WR to have a great season with no veteran assistance? That may be a thread of its own! :confused:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
But no one will be swarming the WR's
they will be stacking the box allowing 1 on 1 matchups.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Arthur -

You don't believe that if say Kasper looks like the next Jerry Rice and the others are, well, rookies, he won't be the center of attention by defenses? Just curious. :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
I side with BEERZ on this issue. It's always been my opinion that if you want to teach someone to swim---throw them into the pool. If they start sinking, pull them out, let them catch their breath and then kick their butt back into the pool. If these guys are real pros and athletes, they'll catch on quickly. They need to get a lot of game reps during the pre-season and then at the start of the season, start the ones who had the best pre-season. With the running game we should have, we can afford to nurse the passing game a little by utilizing F. Jones over the middle and screen passes to Emmitt and Marcel for the first couple of regular season games. That's if none of our WR's have stepped to the head of the class and are a serious threat at the start of the season.<p>Regardless, I think this is going to be one fun offense to watch this season. We're going to have the ability to play smash mouth football with our Oline and Hodgins and shove the football right down a lot of teams throats. A lot less 3 downs and out than last year and finally someone who can throw a football more than 20 yards without having it wobble or land 5 yards in front of the receiver.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We just might have to live with some rookie mistakes this years but it will pay dividends for years to come.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
As I would love to stay with the youngsters, I know it will be much better to get a GOOD Vet in here. There are many reasons why, but the most important is INJURY...

Our guys look descent on paper, but one or two injurys, and bamb we stink again... Get a vet in here, to help with depth and consistency... :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05