2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why they want to trade down.

The Suns are probably being used for leverage in the draft in regard to Bronny. He will likely end up a Laker.

I'm fine with it as long as the Suns get the players (picks) they want in return.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appears we can shut down all the LeBron nonsense about him signing a vet min. That really makes me thinks now the Bronny thing is about a trade.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Watching those highlights, almost every one of his great dishes is a missed shot by team mates. You come away thinking, if he hit any of the big three that wide open, he'd have 10 assists per game. I've never seen more bricks and airballs in a highlight tape than those! LOL! Including Bronny bricking it! :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highlights show a really athletic 7 footer. Has some Amar'e power on his dunks!
I have watched a few videos and he rarely challenges others at the rim like Amare did. I have seen him put up more layups than anything else. From scouting reports I have read his FT line shooting is an issue, his defense could be an issue at the next level but is good at starting the fast break and good at passing. He seems redundant to me with Nurk.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I have watched a few videos and he rarely challenges others at the rim like Amare did. I have seen him put up more layups than anything else. From scouting reports I have read his FT line shooting is an issue, his defense could be an issue at the next level but is good at starting the fast break and good at passing. He seems redundant to me with Nurk.
Are you talking about Missi or Filipowski? I assume that's who Yuma was referring to. Missi's defense is supposed to be his strength. And he's mobile for his size, which Nurk certainly is not, so I don't see the comparison.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about Missi or Filipowski? I assume that's who Yuma was referring to. Missi's defense is supposed to be his strength. And he's mobile for his size, which Nurk certainly is not, so I don't see the comparison.
Sorry was talking about KF not Missi.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I should have put Missi in my comments. My bad. I just watched a couple highlights of him dunking through people. He is probably NBA strong already. Not sure how the rest of his game fits.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Missi 2024 highlights

He blocks Filipowski a bunch of different times in this video. If Missi can guard Filipowski this easily, then what would other NBA centers do? I am out on Fillipowski.

Missi is ONLY 19, and he's already strong. Just think what an NBA training program could do to this kid.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Missi 2024 highlights

He blocks Filipowski a bunch of different times in this video. If Missi can guard Filipowski this easily, then what would other NBA centers do? I am out on Fillipowski.

Missi is ONLY 19, and he's already strong. Just think what an NBA training program could do to this kid.
Agree. I would be on board with getting Missi if he's still available. He could even be plugged in at PF alongside Nurkic to give the Suns an actual rim protector.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Agree. I would be on board with getting Missi if he's still available. He could even be plugged in at PF alongside Nurkic to give the Suns an actual rim protector.
I think we need a PF more than a PG at this point, unless Beal goes to the bench. You can't have three guards out there (playing a PG), make KD play PF and have a center. We already saw that didn't work last season. I feel a PF moves KD down to where he's comfortable to play on defense, and Beal and Booker have to man up on their guys. Plus that makes a better big line up on defense. We need a guy that can be more of a threat diving to the basket on offense, too. Sadly Nurkic is bad from three, or we could make this work better. I just don't see us getting value for Nurkic in a trade unless we get 2-3 players in return. Who would want Nurkic, too? I think we have to ride out the Nurkic train.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns workout Ryan Dunn and Tyler Smith.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ryan Dunn

Born: 2003 (age 21 years), Brookville, NY
Height: 6′ 8″
Weight: 216 lbs
College: Virginia (2022–2024)
Position: Small forward / power forward

• ACC All-Defensive team (2024)
Dunn was a key bench player during his freshman year at Virginia.[7][8]He averaged 2.6 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks in 31 games played during his freshman season

Dunn is the younger brother of Major League Baseball pitcher Justin Dunn

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Tyler Smith is an American professional basketball player who last played for the NBA G League Ignite of the NBA G League. Wikipedia
Born: 2004 (age 19 years)
Height: 6′ 9″
High school: George Bush; (Richmond, Texas)
Playing career: 2021–present
Position: Power forward / small forward

Overtime Elite (2021–2023)​

Smith opted not to pursue a collegiate career and signed a two-year contract with Overtime Elite (OTE), a new professional league based in Atlanta with players between ages 16 and 20, on August 22, 2021.[3][5] In his second season, he played for team Cold Hearts and was named second team All-OTE after averaging 15.7 points, eight rebounds, 1.9 steals, and 1.3 blocks per game.[6]

NBA G League Ignite (2023–2024)​

Smith signed with the NBA G League Ignite on June 30, 2023.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could Juan Nunez be another Ricky Rubio in the making? He is from Spain and is a tremendous passer. Although his game has weaknesses, he could be a tremendous floor general. He could be a steal in the second round.

From Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Could Juan Nunez be another Ricky Rubio in the making? He is from Spain and is a tremendous passer. Although his game has weaknesses, he could be a tremendous floor general. He could be a steal in the second round.

The Suns could use a traditional point guard.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Kendall Marshall clone?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, but it would be nice to have a rim runner or other vertical threat to go with it. Running those PnRs with Nurkic won't quite yield the same results.

It's sad, I'm thinking the Suns need at least two more centers plus a point guard. Maybe the right 4 could help.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I like Nunez at 6'5" inches. He's got that Euro style of play where they emphasize setting up the three point shooters. One of the plays he got double teamed, didn't panic and threw a low risk pass to an open shooter. Can't ask for any more than that.

If we trade down, get Nunez and Missi, and get a vet center min guy. Probably maybe even get another player or two through the 2031 pick trade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky