Arizona Diamondbacks @ KC Royals series thread. 07/22/24-07/24/24

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Still a great thing Sewald was held out on Sunday, to finally be used in a non-save situation tonight.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They can't blow a 4-run lead in the 9th, right?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not nervous. They only need one more out.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap, 8-6 and the tying run is up at the plate.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Earth to Lovullo! Earth to Lovullo! Sewald is NOT A CLOSER. I repeat, Sewald is NOT A CLOSER. Go out and get one at the deadline, Torey Lovullo Hazen!

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yall should watch other teams and their closers. Like the royals closer tonight? Stuff happens.

I’ve been hard on Torrey in the past but dude brought us to the World Series last year with that roster and is like 13-1-2 in the last 16 series. He’s always gonna lean on resting and protecting players and that is frustrating at times but gets him some serious credo with his players. Let’s Cut the dude some slack

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yall should watch other teams and their closers. Like the royals closer tonight? Stuff happens.

I’ve been hard on Torrey in the past but dude brought us to the World Series last year with that roster and is like 13-1-2 in the last 16 series. He’s always gonna lean on resting and protecting players and that is frustrating at times but gets him some serious credo with his players. Let’s Cut the dude some slack
No slack. All you have to do is look back at last year and see they made the playoffs by 1 game. His mismanagement of the pitching staff could easily cost the team that 1 game this year. They went 4-2 the last 6 ad if he hadn't rested Sewald, for another dude who had also pitched the previous 2 games with marginal success, they could have been 5-1. That 1 game could cost them. It's that close.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks | Stats & Info
@DbacksStatsInfo
The #Dbacks are 53-50, they've won 14 of their last 20.

They're within 2.5 games of the 1st WC spot.

They have a +22 run differential and are 1 of 4 NL teams to have a winning record at home and on the road.

Pittsburgh visits
@ChaseField
tomorrow evening for a 3-game set.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No slack. All you have to do is look back at last year and see they made the playoffs by 1 game. His mismanagement of the pitching staff could easily cost the team that 1 game this year. They went 4-2 the last 6 ad if he hadn't rested Sewald, for another dude who had also pitched the previous 2 games with marginal success, they could have been 5-1. That 1 game could cost them. It's that close.
Fair enough. I’m just not gonna give him crap for not pitching Martinez and resting Sewald. Not long ago people were hoping to see Martinez in that role and Sewald just came back from injury so pushing him three days in a row doesn’t make a ton of sense.

A trip to the World Series and having his team in contention this year despite all the injuries combined with some key guys underperforming, buys some respect from me though. Not sure another team in the league has had as many injuries to key players as the Dbacks and they are still right there.