Wk 1 of Training Camp. 07/22/24-07/28/24

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it’s a Twitter problem (surprise!) not an ASFN problem. I’ve had similar lags on NYMag and other sites.
I'm not sure, but might be a browser setting or problem. I have both Brave and Firefox on my phone. Brave plays the Twitter links automatically, but Firefox doesn't without me clicking on link. :shrug:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but might be a browser setting or problem. I have both Brave and Firefox on my phone. Brave plays the Twitter links automatically, but Firefox doesn't without me clicking on link. :shrug:
On Safari mobile and Edge the links load first and that sets the size of the page to where the latest post is. Then tweet after tweet loads, pushing the post I want to see further and further down the page.

So I have to see a bunch of Bo Brack tweets that have Kyler throwing to an assistant with the caption “100% recovered ”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, it's a well known problem of this board. It doesn't take ten minutes, as that's clear hyperbole, but these threads are useless to me and a waste of time because ASFN has effed up Twitter (don't call it X!) embeds.

Just hit refresh. Fixes it every time for me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
On Safari mobile and Edge the links load first and that sets the size of the page to where the latest post is. Then tweet after tweet loads, pushing the post I want to see further and further down the page.

So I have to see a bunch of Bo Brack tweets that have Kyler throwing to an assistant with the caption “100% recovered ”
This happens on Firefox too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Calvisi still on point with the ultra low res vids. One of his coworkers needs to show him how to get into his phone settings. Come on Dani. Get that done!
I wonder if it’s an extreme zoom? The resolution on my phone goes in the trash when I’m zooming in.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think the problem is Firefox. Refresh doesn't help. I just tried Chrome. No problems at all.
I dunno. K9 had the problem on Safari, too. And say not that it's Firefox, but ASFN that's the problem. If a browser works with all sites but one, it's that site, not the browser, that's at fault.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dunno. K9 had the problem on Safari, too. And say not that it's Firefox, but ASFN that's the problem. If a browser works with all sites but one, it's that site, not the browser, that's at fault.

As someone who dabbled in web design, I can say that keeping up with browser issues can be like a game of whac-a-mole. Every browser has its own idiosyncrasies and features it messes up. To keep up with it 100%, you would have to spend a ton of time on message boards, keeping up on the latest workarounds to all the latest browser issues.

I think K9 might be on to something. It probably has something to do with the order in which things are rendered on the page. Different browsers render in different order.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Champagne problems my friend!

Back in the day I had to haunt the magazine stands waiting for some publication that might give me a few sentences about the Cardinals season preview, much less anything about their training camp! :)

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just had a thought. ASFN uses a premade message board platform. So nobody from ASFN is involved with stomping out browser issues. That's on the platform people.

Goes to the bottom of the page:

Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2024 XenForo Ltd.

Googles "XenForo twitter problem".

You must be registered for see images attach

That's about when this problem started happening. I guess we need to wait for Xenforo to come up with a patch. Or Firefox. One of those two things will happen first.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Champagne problems my friend!

Back in the day I had to haunt the magazine stands waiting for some publication that might give me a few sentences about the Cardinals season preview, much less anything about their training camp! :)
Ha, ha me too! Only to walk away mad as hell because the pundits would pick the Cardinals to only win 4 or 5 games and finish last in the NFC East.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
As someone who dabbled in web design, I can say that keeping up with browser issues can be like a game of whac-a-mole. Every browser has its own idiosyncrasies and features it messes up. To keep up with it 100%, you would have to spend a ton of time on message boards, keeping up on the latest workarounds to all the latest browser issues.

I think K9 might be on to something. It probably has something to do with the order in which things are rendered on the page. Different browsers render in different order.

I'm 100% certain that the problem is how the images are cached and deleted moving into and out of the page. That's why @BritCard 's workaround is effective -- the tweets are cached and so the page renders correctly on reload.

#notIT