2006 World Cup

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Klose I think it was, the striker on the czechs team that scored the first goal on us, is he out for the Italy game?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Is Klose I think it was, the striker on the czechs team that scored the first goal on us, is he out for the Italy game?
That's Koller. Yes, He's out at least until the next round with a hamstring injury.

Klose is the striker from Germany with a very simular style.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BACH said:
That's Koller. Yes, He's out at least until the next round with a hamstring injury.

Klose is the striker from Germany with a very simular style.

That helps us in the Italia game.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
The striker the Czechs played in the Ghana game received his scond yellow and is out for the Italy game. Also, I think Milan Baros is out again.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
That helps us in the Italia game.

US needs to worry only about Ghana and let the rest play out as it will. If they do beat Ghana and do not advance, then so be it. But to lose to Ghana (not that they aren't good) and then have Italy win would be tough to take.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
ArizonaSportsFan said:
US needs to worry only about Ghana and let the rest play out as it will. If they do beat Ghana and do not advance, then so be it. But to lose to Ghana (not that they aren't good) and then have Italy win would be tough to take.

Absolutely right, luckily the games start at the same time so the US only has to focus on their result.

So far the only change Arena said was Conrad would replace Pope. He didn't say what he was going to do with Mastroeni's vacated spot, whether he plans to add another striker(Johnson) or have someone like O'Brien replace Pablo in the midfield. Who will start at LMF, Beasley or Convey?

As completely average as McBride has been he'll still start. Arena said something about how McBride is such a warrior and has done everything he has asked of him (I'm assuming he didn't ask him to actually put a shot on goal then??).

The US has a grand total of 1 shot on goal in 2 games(a bunch of shots off the mark), lowest of any team in the WC. The US has to do something to create real scoring chances.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Absolutely right, luckily the games start at the same time so the US only has to focus on their result.

Not so lucky for me. I will have to tivo them and not view the internet at work on thursday. Then when I get home which do I watch first? lol

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WESTERBURG, Germany, June 20 (Reuters) - Czech Republic striker Milan Baros returned to full training on Tuesday after struggling with a foot injury and could play in Thursday's Group E match against Italy.

'There is a chance Milan Baros will be fit for the Italy game,' coach Karel Brueckner told reporters.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Group A games are done

Germany wins Group A, will play Group B runner up
Ecuador is runner up - will play Group B winner.

Poland and Costa Rica - eliminated.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Group B final games kick off at 3 pm EDT, 1 pm MST

England - Sweden

Trinidad - Paraguay

England wins group with win or tie
Sweden wins group with win
Sweden finishes second with tie
Sweden finishes second with loss, provided Trinidad loses, ties, or wins and doesn't make up 3-goal differential.
Trinidad can only advance with Swedish loss, and Trinidad makes up three-goal differential.
Paraguay is eliminated regardless.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Group C - tomorrow, 3 pm EDT, 1 pm MST.

Argentina and Netherlands advance regardless.
Argentina wins group with win or tie
Netherlands wins group with win.

Ivory Coast and Serbia eliminated.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Group D - tomorrow, 10 am EDT, 8 am MST.

Portugal - Mexico
Angola - Iran

Portugal - wins group with win or tie, second with loss
Mexico - wins group with win, second with tie. Second with Angola loss or tie, or Angola win and makes up 3 goal differential.
Angola - can finish second with win making up 3-goal differential, and Mexico loss.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
kick off in 30 mins for England

off to the boozer now

FEEL THE ROAR...WE ARE RONS 22 THIS TIME MORE THAN ANY OTHER TIME THIS WHERE GOING TO FIND A WAY TO GET WAY THIS WHERE DOING IT ALL TOGEHTER WE'LL GET RIGHT

COME ON ENGLAND COME ON ENGLAND :thumbup:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
WESTERBURG, Germany, June 20 (Reuters) - Czech Republic striker Milan Baros returned to full training on Tuesday after struggling with a foot injury and could play in Thursday's Group E match against Italy.

'There is a chance Milan Baros will be fit for the Italy game,' coach Karel Brueckner told reporters.

That's really bad news for us, after playing with Villa the WC will be easy for him :)

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
English on tour said:
kick off in 30 mins for England

off to the boozer now

FEEL THE ROAR...WE ARE RONS 22 THIS TIME MORE THAN ANY OTHER TIME THIS WHERE GOING TO FIND A WAY TO GET WAY THIS WHERE DOING IT ALL TOGEHTER WE'LL GET RIGHT

COME ON ENGLAND COME ON ENGLAND :thumbup:

Glad to see Hargreaves in, he is a very very good player. Good luck, I want to see T+T get to the next round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05