2006 World Cup

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Cole has been playing incredible, even before that amazing goal.

1-0 England at the half

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic goal by the Swedes off the corner. 1-1 in the 50th minute

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somethings gotten into Sweden, right after the goal they clanked one off the post and are still challenging.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one off the crossbar for Sweden, luck is smiling upon England right now.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
This has been one of the more entertaining games of group play yet.....England needs to step it up and play like they were in the first half or Sweeden is going to end up wining this game

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What in the world was that?! Sweden scores in the 90th minute to tie it up.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I guess England just isn't meant to ever beat Sweden. I picked a draw in my "pick 'em" contest, so I am happy.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
England faces Ecuador in the round of 16
Sweden takes on Germany

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nate said:
Dont know about you but some years ago some old guy at school and later an even older and even funnier looking guy with a beard at university told me sth about some funny concepts and I think he said sth in the way of that it is really important to stick to that principles.

If I remember correctly it went roughly like that:

Going by what these old wise guys told me, I dont have anything to say to you, Stout. I may be wrong, because things can change quite quickly in times like this, I mean, with terrorists and so on. So please tell me if anything has changed. Would you be so kind? I really would appreciate that!

IF nothing has changed, however, I am waiting for some details of these alleged crimes/bribes/irregularities and what its all about you are trying to imply with that ref. I mean, I have never heard of anything regarding that ref in a way like these old guys told me about.

Stout, please enlighten me and help me to get over my "ridiculous" claims!;)

Okay, aside from the fact that a majority of your post made no sense...I mean, no sense at all, I will say this...I'm not able to give you details of this ref's 'irregularities' because, if you'd actually read the articles, FIFA gave no details. Suffice to say the Ref was suspended for the 2002 World Cup. Now he's under fire in the 2006 World Cup. That constitutes a trend to me. Read the little articles and tell me what you think, please.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Stout said:
Okay, aside from the fact that a majority of your post made no sense...I mean, no sense at all, I will say this...I'm not able to give you details of this ref's 'irregularities' because, if you'd actually read the articles, FIFA gave no details. Suffice to say the Ref was suspended for the 2002 World Cup. Now he's under fire in the 2006 World Cup. That constitutes a trend to me. Read the little articles and tell me what you think, please.
Sorry Stout that it makes no sense to you, but I thought you could up with it by yourself. I just tried to lead you there without giving you "the truth". Obviously, however, there is no such thing as a truth, because we dont know anything. So if you try to allege sth in regard to manipulating games, come up with some articles including some details saying so.

The articles you linked to said nothing more as that the guy (with four other refs) was suspended for some unknown irregularities but later reinstated. Who are you and who are I to declare what these irregularities are all about. They could be about manipulating games, for sure. Does that make sense. No, not at all. Perhaps they are about irregularities in accounting for travel expenses. Perhaps even less. I will write down sth about a referee named Janssen later when I come back (have to leave for the day now), who was alleged for forging games and what happened to him afterwards. Later he was cleared off all charges.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portugal up 2-0 over Mexico
Angola - Iran 0-0

If Angola can score a goal and win, that would be a three-goal differential make up - what is the next tie breaker with Mexico?

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Mexico made it to the 16.

crappo - wanted to see them out - ANgola going though ahead fo them would have been mint!

Hol v Arg should be a cracking game tonight if they put full strength teams out! backed holland at 4.4 and Ruud Van Nist to score first just for a bit of value!

just hope its a good game!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What a stupid play by Reyna. And then he bows out because of his embarrassment. Well, he should be embarrassed by such a rookie play. Nice TO "captian".

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So Italy scores but it looks like it will not matter. This match will end in a tie or a Ghana win. These boys are pansies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05