OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Guys I dont want to see on this team in 4 years

Arena, Donovan, Reyna, Howard, Onyewu, Beasley

Seems Stout was right. That formation was our doom and hopefully Arena's as well.

You don't want Onyewu, Donovan, Beasley or Howard on the team? WHAT!?

Thats foolish. They are the teams future. They just need to be put in the right spots. Thats a knee jerk reaction there.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
With a new coach and the young talent the US has available there is a bright future. If Arena stays I fear he will put "his guys" on the field for the next couple of years and we won't see the player development we should. Build around Donovan, Beasley, Convey, Johnson, Onyewu, Howard (our GK of the future who will be a first teamer again this season).

The absolute 1 thing that the US needs more than anything is the development of a world class striker. We seem to have a plethora of midfielders and defenders but very few goal scorers. The US program seems to turn guys who can score goals and have potential as strikers in to midfielders (Donovan & Adu--to name 2).

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Guys I dont want to see on this team in 4 years

Arena, Donovan, Reyna, Howard, Onyewu, Beasley

Seems Stout was right. That formation was our doom and hopefully Arena's as well.
Come on.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Let's give a shout-out to Landon Donovan! MLS has really helped your game develop huh, Landon? You would never see such dramatic improvement playing in the Bundesliga. :rolleyes:

Idiot.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zeno said:
You don't want Onyewu, Donovan, Beasley or Howard on the team? WHAT!?

Thats foolish. They are the teams future. They just need to be put in the right spots. Thats a knee jerk reaction there.

You have to be kidding me with Beasely. If he is our FUTURE then we might as well pack it in for the next 10 years then.

The guy never went forward once. All passes back, once he got the ball he stopped. He was in one word, disgusting. He wouldnt even make our 7v7 summer league squad.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
You have to be kidding me with Beasely. If he is our FUTURE then we might as well pack it in for the next 10 years then.

The guy never went forward once. All passes back, once he got the ball he stopped. He was in one word, disgusting. He wouldnt even make our 7v7 summer league squad.

You are wrong. Flat out and plainly wrong. Beasley will have a future on the US team and a lrge part of it, he is only 24 yrs old and just last year was considered by many as our best international. He had a bad tournament, it happens but to give up on him would be stupid.

I'm sorry but that to suggest that Onyewu, Beasley, Donovan and Howard shouldn't be a part of our next team just smacks of ignorance.

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
I liked the way they played against Brazil.

How about Jurgen Klinsmann?

Whenever Germany win or not, he will be fired due to the poor relationship with German football association.

He loves living US, that's a chance

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Beasley had the US' only assist in the WC, he also had the best scoring opportunity in the Italian match and buried it...only to have it nullified by McBride's laziness. If you have someone on your 7V7 squad that can equal that against World Class competition I'd sure like to see it.

:rolleyes:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunshooter said:
Whenever Germany win or not, he will be fired due to the poor relationship with German football association.

He loves living US, that's a chance

Yeah - doesn't he basically live full time in California, and commute to Germany for practice/games?

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
I liked the way they played against Brazil.

How about Jurgen Klinsmann?

I thought about Klinsmann too but he is very close friends with Arena not sure if he'd want to replace him.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Beasley had the US' only assist in the WC, he also had the best scoring opportunity in the Italian match and buried it...only to have it nullified by McBride's laziness. If you have someone on your 7V7 squad that can equal that against World Class competition I'd sure like to see it.

:rolleyes:

Oh no dont get me wrong. My 7v7 is awful, I mean awful, me included. But then again I dont get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to suck like Beasely. I could tho if they paid me!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeno said:
I thought about Klinsmann too but he is very close friends with Arena not sure if he'd want to replace him.

That could be an obstacle - our a way to get Bruce to bow out "Gracefully"

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of all 32 teams in Germany, the U.S. will finish No. 32 in terms shots on goal with four. The next worse is Trinidad and Tobago with seven. Iran have 19. England, 21. Germany lead the pack with 27.

As to his future, he seemed to indicate that:

(A) He has other offers;
(B) He's not sure he wants to go through this again;
(C) It's not his decision anyway.

LOL Who is offering Arena a job?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05