2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Up next is the Dallas Cowboys....
You must be registered for see images attach

Ah this rivalry never gets old.:D

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm surprised by this. I'd say they've done a fairly even job thus far, so why not wait another week?
All three (QB Coach, Offensive Coordinator, HC) were all in agreement with Hill being the QB....so i guess they just went ahead with the announcement.

Plus Smith is hurt this week (finger).......
However Smith did look better than years past (hot reads, not staring down the receiver)

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/1/49ers-morgan-cuing-up-breakout-season
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/1/49ers-morgan-cuing-up-breakout-season
Watching the G.O.A.T will probably help:
He cues up vintage 49ers practice footage featuring Jerry Rice, the player his grandfather taught him to admire from an early age.

"They've got it on old Beta tapes, those little small ones," Morgan later says. "It's the old-school technology."

Morgan watches Rice run specific routes in practice, then in games, and he is awestruck.

"If you just imagined the DB not being there, the way he runs routes in games looks exactly the same as when you watch old practice film of him running," Morgan says. "All his routes, he got in and out of within two steps. It's scary. It's scary that a guy could work that hard to be that great
The part questioning Morgan's speed "triggered" something in him. Morgan reported spending extra time at the track with 49ers teammate and fellow Washington, D.C., native Vernon Davis, and Davis' younger brother, Miami Dolphins first-round choice Vontae Davis. Their trainer would make up workouts from hell.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Glen Coffee looks like the unquestioned steal of the draft up to this point (granted the season hasn't started). Is he the most impressive rookie you've seen three weeks into training camp? If not, who is?''
I love Coffee, the first real good backup the 49ers have had for Frank Gore, who has a long injury history. Here are the 10 rookies I've seen who've impressed me in the preseason:
1. Percy Harvin, WR/KR, Minnesota (22nd pick). Impact player beginning opening day.
2. Glen Coffee, RB, San Francisco (74th pick). Nice burst, reliable, excellent Gore insurance.
3. James Laurinaitis, LB, St. Louis (35th pick). Took over starting mike 'backer job after three pro practices.
4. Ziggy Hood, DL, Pittsburgh (32nd pick). The next Casey Hampton, with some pass-rush ability.
5. Alphonso Smith, CB, Denver (37th pick). Faces tremendous pressure if Broncos have a bad year because Denver gave up next year's first-rounder to get him.
6. LeSean McCoy, RB, Philadelphia (53rd pick). Has picked up the blocking and receiving parts of the Philly offense quickly.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/08/25/mail/index.html?bcnn=yes#ixzz0PEpGEPRf

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
All three (QB Coach, Offensive Coordinator, HC) were all in agreement with Hill being the QB....so i guess they just went ahead with the announcement.

Plus Smith is hurt this week (finger).......
However Smith did look better than years past (hot reads, not staring down the receiver)
Agreed and it's important that Hill take as many reps with the #1 team as possible now. Alex Smith did quite a bit better than I thought he would, but I think the fact that Hill has proven to be a clutch QB sealed it for him.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
:thumbup:
Doesn't matter what uniform they wore, I used to like to cheer for Art Monk, Eddie George,Bruce Smith,Don Bebe, Reggie White, etc
I never really cared much for Eddie George, but I got emotional the night Walter Payton retired. I liked Bo Jackson a bit too.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed and it's important that Hill take as many reps with the #1 team as possible now. Alex Smith did quite a bit better than I thought he would, but I think the fact that Hill has proven to be a clutch QB sealed it for him.
:thumbup:

No Shonn Greene? :shrug:

Cofffee has been a lot of fun to watch thus far.
I haven't heard much of Shonn Greene this preseason.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, Mr.Crabtree your agent just threw YOU under the bus for not signing the contract.
Meanwhile, we're hearing that Parker is dealing with the Crabtree conundrum on the recruiting trail by blaming the holdout on the player. Parker, we're told, is pointing to the deal he negotiated for defensive end Tyson Jackson at the third overall slot as proof that Parker is willing and able to negotiate a fair deal for a first-round pick.
We continue to think that the two sides will come together not long before the regular season begins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...tree-s-agent-blaming-player-fo?urn=nfl,185191

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05