2010-2011 season thread

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the Yotes on the road. They play a better game for their roster (dirtworkers/speed, no scorers/snipers) when on the road. No fans to impress, I guess.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 3rd seed and 9th are separated by just three points right now, I can't recall anything like this so late in the season. I think the Coyotes have actually slipped in the standings compared to where they were right before the start of their current four game win streak.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes win their 5th straight, beating Washington 3-2 and moving into first place, one point ahead of Dallas.

aznando

Rookie
Reaction score
Real excited about this team. Being in El Paso right now, I only get to see a few games a season, but got to see the game tonight. Hopefully they can keep it going into the playoffs.

Aznando

chickenhead

Reaction score
Having a .640 road winning % is definitely a great sign heading into the playoffs. I'm excited, I'll actually most likely be in the Valley for the playoffs for the first time since before the Coyotes arrived. Should be interesting.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes beat Atlanta 4-3 and win their 6th straight.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coyotes are in first in their division by 3 points but are only 3 points ahead of the 8th place team. They have to keep on winning. Big road trip ahead.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
they only have a 1 point lead over San Jose with an equal number of games played.

They have a 3 point lead over the rest of the divison - but LA, Anaheim & Dallas all have a game in hand, if they win that game and all things remain equal they would win the division by a point and there would be a 4 way tie for second place

it's incredibly tight right now .... as of today all 5 pacific division teams would make the playoffs ....... detroits grasp on that 2nd seed is starting to fade a little as well

Vancouver is still in control of the #1 then a 7 point drop to Detroit (with 2 games in hand - so maybe a real 3-5 point lead) ... then a 5 point drop to Phoenix (again detroit has 2 games in hand so it could be more in reality).

That is where it gets really intersting ... from Phoenix @ #3 through #11 Chicago is 7 points ... it's then a 2 point drop to #12, and additional 3 to #13 and an additional 2 to #14

So it's a 14 point spread from #3-#14 .......... the same jump is 22 points in the East (27 if you use the 3rd best record as opposed to the 3rd seed) ..... the #12 seed in the west would hold the #8 seed in the east right now

Things are just so tight - it should be a fun finish - especially since it's pretty much all divisional play as the season winds down

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 straight now...3-2 over Nashville

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yandle and Bryz played great once again. This was a huge win to start this tough road trip.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doan scores a powerplay goal in overtime as the Coyotes extend their winning streak to 8 as they beat the Flyers. This was a great game and Doan made up for not clearing the puck that led to a late Flyer goal. Bryz made some unbelievable stops. The season is definitely getting exciting. I hope the rest of Arizona takes notice.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doan scores a powerplay goal in overtime as the Coyotes extend their winning streak to 8 as they beat the Flyers. This was a great game and Doan made up for not clearing the puck that led to a late Flyer goal. Bryz made some unbelievable stops. The season is definitely getting exciting. I hope the rest of Arizona takes notice.
Sweet! Nice to tie it up in the third, and then take the win on the road.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sweet! Nice to tie it up in the third, and then take the win on the road.
You must be registered for see images

The Coyotes were winning 2-1 but gave up the lead late in the 3rd period. Luckily they won it in overtime.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beating the best team in hockey on the road while down 3 of your top 15 players is no small feat. Congratulations to the Coyotes!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I wouldn't proclaim Philly the best team in hockey - but they are a very good top tier team and very tough road trip

Tonight will be tough in TB as well - different style than Philly

My sharks won an exciting one in Detroit to keep pace and need to go to Pittsburgh tonight

the league isn't doing any of us any favors with scheduling .... should be a real fun finish to the season

Hopefully the bond sale finishes up soon, the sale goes through and there can be a lot of positive momentum going into the postseason with some early impact and push towards ST sales for next year

things could finally be lining up nicely for the 'yotes

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coyotes did not show tonight against Tampa as they are down 4-0 in the first period. I did not expect them to win this game after winning a tough one at Philly, but not to show up at all is diappointing. I know it's only the first period but they don't look like they are in this game.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The most devastating loss of the season tonight as Dallas scored with 4 seconds left to win 3-2. The Coyotes were down 2-0 and tied it with 37 seconds left but then gave up the game-winning goal with 4 seconds to go. :bang:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coyotes playoff hopes are fading fast as they lost their fifth straight last night, losing 1-0 to LA. The Coyotes are now holding on to one of the last spots of the playoffs and their schedule gets a lot more harder. They need to break out of this slump fast.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Coyotes make the playoffs, they will look back at tonight's unbelievable win over Detroit. The Coyotes were down 4-1 in the 3rd period and scored three unanswered goals to force overtime. The game was decided in a shootout as Vrbata scored the winner.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a great game, because they worked hard throughout. I wish the cloud of uncertainty weren't still hanging over the team...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
wow - great comeback ..... i too missed it after seeing 4-1

they need to string a few together .... they have played more games than the teams below them in the division and could in theory be jumped by all of them due to games in hand

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunately Bryz was weak last night and the Yotes fall in OT, 4-3. The first and last goal Bryz let in were strong side shots (he was there) at a bad angle. We needed him to be a lot stronger tonight to beat the best. The point is big though, and congrats to the Yotes for playing well while missing so many players.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game last night, but a 3-0 victory over the hard-charging Flames is exactly what this team needed. Pound the Ducks on Sunday and we're right back in the thick of it after fumbiling around a few games.