2010 FIBA World Championship Thread

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
How about Vlade Divac? He rocks even though he played for the Lakers.

Go Dragon!

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Meanwhile elindholm is thinking "Where is my buddy Charlie Chaplin when i need him. He could at least light a candle for me".

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Meanwhile elindholm is thinking "Where is my buddy Charlie Chaplin when i need him. He could at least light a candle for me".

What on earth are you talking about? Your need for attention is overwhelming your capacity to have anything to say.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know about candles but I know Chaplin was in his late 70's when he wrote "This is my Song", a hit for Petula Clark in 1967. At the time he held the distinction of being the oldest number one songwriter and probably still does. I don't think he played Euro ball though but I could be mistaken.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? Your need for attention is overwhelming your capacity to have anything to say.

It's a common enough response for an opposing team's fan whose only goal is to troll rather than participate in worthy discourse. The fact that he has no idea that you and I rarely agree on much of anything shows how much he knows. ;)

And he's not even being snarky!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just watched the Angola game. Talk about a practice game for us. I just hope that cream puff game doesn't have us playing too soft against the Russians. Tyson Chandler worries me. He's one of our few bigs and he almost fouled out against Angola! We need some decent minutes from him against the Russians. I don't want to burn out Odom, who has been our best big man, before the finals.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
How about Drazen Petrovic? And why don't you answer my questions elindholm? Typical troll behaviour.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How about Drazen Petrovic? And why don't you answer my questions elindholm? Typical troll behaviour.

Why do you care so much? He has been stating his opinion of Splitter well before he was ever drafted I don't think anything you say will change his opinion. You're basically just whining and prodding at this point and it's derailing the thread.

Back to the topic I expect the US to roll over Russia who will likely be turning the ball over a ton and have a lot of foul problems. I think Brazil poses the toughest match-up on the US side of the bracket but I don't think they'll be able to play as well as they did the 1st match-up.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How about Drazen Petrovic?

That's another good one. There are a few out there, if you look back far enough. Divac, of course, isn't an example at all, since he joined the Lakers at age 21.

And why don't you answer my questions elindholm?

I guess you must mean these two:

So how do you explain that Splitter in fact signed a contract with the Spurs?

Also why would the Spurs FO want to bring him over if he sucks so bad?

I didn't answer them because I thought they were rhetorical. Obviously I don't know what the Spurs are thinking. I could just as easily ask you why Detroit passed on him at 27, or Houston at 26, or Utah at 25. I also don't know why Splitter is coming over now, especially since, as you point out, he'll be locked into a "slave contract" until he's 29. Maybe he's bored with the Spanish league.

Typical troll behaviour.

You've exhausted my patience. Have fun shadow-boxing.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Thank you elindholm. Just one thing: Splitter is not locked into a slave contract until he is 29. With slave contract I was referring to the rookie scale. Since he stayed in Europe until he was 25 he was not bound by the rookie scale and could sign a 3-year, 11 M contract. Other than that, decent post.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Judging by the stat line, Goran crapped the bed somewhat today. Hedo's line looked ok. Didn't shoot tremendously well from the field but got to the line like he channeled Kobe Bryant.

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
Turkey's shooting % in that game was just unbelievable - 2p. - 22/31 (71%), 3p. - 10/17 (59%). No wonder Slovenia lost - not much chance when opponent shoots like that

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Judging by the stat line, Goran crapped the bed somewhat today. Hedo's line looked ok. Didn't shoot tremendously well from the field but got to the line like he channeled Kobe Bryant.

Turkey DOMINATED. Period. Goran tried to get going, but Turkey's defense was really good. The biggest problem with Turkey is that the announcers couldn't pronounce names correctly.

The USA better be watching the Turks because they'll have to figure out how to counter their size.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Goran is overhyped right now, next season will be big for him.

What does this mean? That he actually ISN'T the best player on the Slovenian national team? That's just ridiculous. He is far and away their best player. Just because he has one of his worst games of the tournament doesn't all of a sudden make him "overhyped".

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hedo tweaked his knee a little in todays game against usa.
he has a sleeve/brace on it now. hopefully its nothing long-term/nagging.
he's back in, 2nd qtr now.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In the final, Turkoglu played through some injuries and only played 23 minutes, finishing with 16 points and 7 rebounds. Turkey tried to keep it close early but USA and Durant dominated in the second half.

After getting blown out by Turkey in the quarter-finals, Slovenia lost to Spain by 19, then to Russia by 5, finishing 8th in the tournament. Dragic had 19 points and 2 assists against Spain but shot only 5/15 and missed all 5 three-point attempts. Against Russia, Dragic had 15 points and 7 assists on 5/13 shooting, making 1/5 three-pointers.

For the tournament:

Dragic: 12.7 ppg (53.6% fg, 27.5% 3pt)
Turkoglu: 12.3 ppg (40% fg, 41.5% 3pt)
Barbosa: 16.2 ppg (52.9% fg, 34% 3pt)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If you want to win this argument, all you have to do is place your bet with Splitter and tell me, "Wait and see." If he comes through for you, I'll admit that he's one of the very few exceptions of an established Euroball talent who could have an impact in the NBA. We'll know in a few months. Until then, all your name-calling isn't going to do anything except dig you a bigger hole for when Splitter flops.

I'm not afraid of seeing how Splitter is going to turn out. Why are you?

*crickets chirping*

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05