2012 Draft prospects

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude is rail thin, if he doesn't "Oden" himself then maybe he has a future. I feel like his knees are going to fold up like a Japanese shadow puppet after the show.

Well, Oden was never rail thin. However, Durant was even thinner when he came out. He's not going to win a weight lifting contest but he's pretty solid for his frame and no reason to believe he can't add some muscle to it. Regardless, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He may not be a superstar lock but he's got an incredibly high ceiling.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Well, Oden was never rail thin. However, Durant was even thinner when he came out. He's not going to win a weight lifting contest but he's pretty solid for his frame and no reason to believe he can't add some muscle to it. Regardless, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He may not be a superstar lock but he's got an incredibly high ceiling.

Steve

I like Davis, his build scares me but he has a high ceiling and you can teach that kind of speed, athleticism, at that height along with excellent court vision.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Davis, his build scares me but he has a high ceiling and you can teach that kind of speed, athleticism, at that height along with excellent court vision.
How can you teach speed and athleticism?

I suppose you can get an athletic trainer to help you with that kind of stuff but not really "teach."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you teach speed and athleticism?

I suppose you can get an athletic trainer to help you with that kind of stuff but not really "teach."

Reading his comment in context I'm pretty sure it was a typo. He meant can't teach speed and athleticism.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A PG I woud love to see us draft is Tony Wroten. He's like the next Russel Westbrook but not as selfish.

I hope he declares this year but he's really young and a freshmen so he may stay to improve his draft stock.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A PG I woud love to see us draft is Tony Wroten. He's like the next Russel Westbrook but not as selfish.

I hope he declares this year but he's really young and a freshmen so he may stay to improve his draft stock.

I've heard good things about him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Wroten is a bit of a tweener but talented. He averages more turnovers than assists. He is a combo guard at this point and not as athletic as Westbrook from what I saw so far.

I would love to pick him up at around 15-20.

PS: Anthony Davis is not overrated at all. Just because he doesn't take jumpshots for Kentucky. It is silly. Davis is talented and unselfish and his team is stacked. He does what the team needs him to do. Of course as 18 year old big man he is not going to shoot a high % on jumpers when that is not really part of the offensive concent at this point. 71% FT for a big guy is good at that age.

Anthony Davis will be a stud. 15ppg 10rpg 5bpg 1.5spg shooting what 67%FG? As a freshman?

Even if everything fails for Davis he will be worst case a better Joakim Noah.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a number of players that might go in the second half of the first round that I would be interested in.

Mason Plumblee reminds me some of Tom Chambers or the Birdman, an incredibly athletic big white kid.

If the Knicks keep playing well, we might get their second rounder. I believe several undrafted free agents from this draft class will become significant contributors in the future.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wroten is a bit of a tweener but talented. He averages more turnovers than assists. He is a combo guard at this point and not as athletic as Westbrook from what I saw so far.

I would love to pick him up at around 15-20.

PS: Anthony Davis is not overrated at all. Just because he doesn't take jumpshots for Kentucky. It is silly. Davis is talented and unselfish and his team is stacked. He does what the team needs him to do. Of course as 18 year old big man he is not going to shoot a high % on jumpers when that is not really part of the offensive concent at this point. 71% FT for a big guy is good at that age.

Anthony Davis will be a stud. 15ppg 10rpg 5bpg 1.5spg shooting what 67%FG? As a freshman?

Even if everything fails for Davis he will be worst case a better Joakim Noah.

I absolutely agree on Davis.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Davis is the 1 player I think the Suns must GO ALL IN for...

He can lead the new defensive oriented Suns, he can run too.... so if the Suns choose to still be uptempo... you have the PERFECT PF/C...

I'd trade Gortat to have a crack at having Davis... thats how comfortable I am of how good this kid is going to be.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This Anthony Davis kid reminds me a lot fo Bismack Biyombo. Except he probably has a little more offense to his game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Anthony Davis kid reminds me a lot fo Bismack Biyombo. Except he probably has a little more offense to his game.

No way. Other than the obvious similarity in their names, I can't see any comparison. Davis can handle the ball in traffic, Davis can finish around the rim and Davis can defend all 5 positions. Biyombo can't.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The funniest thing is some dude on phxsuns.net consistently trying to compare Anthony Davis to Emeka Okafor. Frigging joke.

28 points 11 rebounds 2 steals 6 blocks tonight for Davis. 1 Turnover 1 missed field goal, 1 missed free throw.

You must be registered for see images attach

Btw: Austin Rivers is finishing the season very strong. If he measures anything above 6'4 I'd happily take him if we draft as low as #10.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Took me 1 try, on my 5th try the Nuggets won it with 0.5% chance.

Attachments

• anthonydavissuns.jpg
    anthonydavissuns.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Imo currently of the prospects I like

Top 5 I like Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond
#5-9 I like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
#9-12 I Like Bradley Beal , Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers, Harrison Barnes , Perry Jones, Thomas Robinson
#12-18 I like Terrence Jones, Tony Wroten, Quincy Miller,
#18-30 I like Patric Young, Myck Kabongo, LeBryan Nash, Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Damian Lillard, Kendall Marshall
2nd round I like Tyshawn Taylor

Moving up Rivers, Beal, Wroten
Moving down Perry Jones

I really don't like a lot of those mid lottery prospects like Sullinger with his limited athleticism, Henson who is a stiff imo, Cody and Tyler Zeller who will go that high because of their size rather than their talents.

I really have a tough time evaluating Harrison Barnes. He is a safe pick but his ceiling in the NBA is not that high. He has one good skill that is his shooting touch. He will probably have a career like Danny Granger, Jamal Mashburn, Glen Rice..

Perry Jones is so talented but frustratingly passive. He is falling because of that, the question is do we take him at #10 if that was the scenario?

Thomas Robinson is already a junior and a lot will depend on whether he can measure in at least 6'10 in shoes.

Austin Rivers is playing strong. If he can measure in at 6'5 in shoes he will shoot up the board.

My biggest hope is that 4 of Cody Zeller, Jared Sullinger, John Henson, Tyler Zeller, Leonard Meyers will be taken before we pick if we are at #10. This draft has a bunch of center prospects in Drummond who could be as good as anyony and the 2 Zeller brothres and Meyers who could be the next Chris Kaman.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imo currently of the prospects I like

Top 5 I like Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond
#5-9 I like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
#9-12 I Like Bradley Beal , Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers, Harrison Barnes , Perry Jones, Thomas Robinson
#12-18 I like Terrence Jones, Tony Wroten, Quincy Miller,
#18-30 I like Patric Young, Myck Kabongo, LeBryan Nash, Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Damian Lillard, Kendall Marshall
2nd round I like Tyshawn Taylor

Moving up Rivers, Beal, Wroten
Moving down Perry Jones

I really don't like a lot of those mid lottery prospects like Sullinger with his limited athleticism, Henson who is a stiff imo, Cody and Tyler Zeller who will go that high because of their size rather than their talents.

I really have a tough time evaluating Harrison Barnes. He is a safe pick but his ceiling in the NBA is not that high. He has one good skill that is his shooting touch. He will probably have a career like Danny Granger, Jamal Mashburn, Glen Rice..

Perry Jones is so talented but frustratingly passive. He is falling because of that, the question is do we take him at #10 if that was the scenario?

Thomas Robinson is already a junior and a lot will depend on whether he can measure in at least 6'10 in shoes.

Austin Rivers is playing strong. If he can measure in at 6'5 in shoes he will shoot up the board.

My biggest hope is that 4 of Cody Zeller, Jared Sullinger, John Henson, Tyler Zeller, Leonard Meyers will be taken before we pick if we are at #10. This draft has a bunch of center prospects in Drummond who could be as good as anyony and the 2 Zeller brothres and Meyers who could be the next Chris Kaman.

Slinslin, did Myck Kabongo withdraw from the draft? I don't see him listed anymore on draft sites.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Slinslin, did Myck Kabongo withdraw from the draft? I don't see him listed anymore on draft sites.

It's all speculative for underclassmen. I haven't heard anything about him saying anything one way or another, but even if he did I wouldn't believe it at this point. Gilchrist has stated he is going to stay all 4 years, but I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all speculative for underclassmen. I haven't hear anything about him say anything one way or another, but even if he did I wouldn't believe it at this point. Gilchrist has stated he is going to stay all 4 years, but I seriously doubt it.

Agreed. It's too early to cross off any of these guys. Plus, an unexpected name or two will rise to prominence during the tournament. I still expect this to be a banner draft year.

Steve

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i just know we're ending up with one of the zeller brothers. probably the lesser of the two. just add him to the lopez, morris, zeller Trifecta of Ineffecta!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i just know we're ending up with one of the zeller brothers. probably the lesser of the two. just add him to the lopez, morris, zeller Trifecta of Ineffecta!

I can see that, or some other "nba ready" low ceiling player. If the Suns end up with a pick other than #1 I'm sure I'll disagree with whoever they select and see it coming a month in advance.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
vs Wisconson
Kris Joseph has 2 points
Dion Waiters has 5 points (kinda like the way he plays)
Trische has been the offense for Syracuse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake