2013 Summer League

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although it's obviously not live, I have it on the NBA channel at 10 PM Pacific time tonight (Saturday, 7/13).

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although it's obviously not live, I have it on the NBA channel at 10 PM Pacific time tonight (Saturday, 7/13).

Steve

This would be good. The earlier games on NBA TV were not scrambled. I hope this game is not as well.

Now if I can stay awake.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C. McCollum is killing the Suns on paper.

OP
OP
T

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No. I struck out. I really wanted to watch the athleticism of Goodwin.

The streaming only costs $15. I'd say it's worth it if you want to see more than the Suns. I've enjoyed watching the few uninjured draftees.

I watched some of the Kings game earlier and McLemore was having a terrible day shooting.

He shot very poorly, but his shot looked good (except for the going in part). He had very high elevation on his shots and a put-back dunk. He also made a nice pass or two. He'll be good, but the knocks on him were spot on. He tried to drive and failed miserably. His short three pointers might be the result of not practicing enough from NBA range, something he should be doing extensively.

I'm sure that will come around, but he definitely doesn't have that energy you see from Oladipo. I think McLemore would have been devastating on the SSoL Suns.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A. Onuaku has 5 points and 7 rebounds at the half. He is a big one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The streaming only costs $15. I'd say it's worth it if you want to see more than the Suns. I've enjoyed watching the few uninjured draftees.

I'm not going to cough up $15 bucks to watch it on my laptop. Maybe I'm cheap. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Arnett Moultrie instead of Marshall.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true of just about anyone. How is Goodwin looking in terms of showing upside.

He looks good in the 3rd Q. A block a 3 pointer and a drive with good defense.

Marshall chucking up a deep 3 dont help.

OP
OP
T

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true of just about anyone. How is Goodwin looking in terms of showing upside.

He had a nice block from behind but got called for a foul. He hit a pull up jumper or two. Now he just hit a three (I'm a little behind live time). I wonder if the Suns would have taken him if they knew they would get Bledsoe. Those two are very similar.

The Morris brothers are busy doing most of everything though, in their usual unimpressive manner.

Marshall really is Jason Kidd without the speed. IMO, he's an elite passer, but he's just not fast enough to ever become an elite PG. He even got a block (and I think another shared block) on McCollum, though he was also blocked by McCollum earlier.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had a nice block from behind but got called for a foul. He hit a pull up jumper or two. Now he just hit a three (I'm a little behind live time). I wonder if the Suns would have taken him if they knew they would get Bledsoe. Those two are very similar.

Hard to know but if he was considered BPA, you draft him at #29. Always draft the best talent, then trade for what you need.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to know but if he was considered BPA, you draft him at #29. Always draft the best talent, then trade for what you need.

Maybe knowing Bledsoe was coming our way we'd have skipped making the trade but I suspect we'd have grabbed Goodwin with our pick if he was available regardless. He's such a long shot to develop a game that matches his physical gifts but if it happens he could be one of those names that is tossed around to show how valuable a late draft pick can be. Considering that most late picks are out of the league shortly it makes sense to go after a huge risk/reward guy like him.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man, McCollum is nicee. I wanted him as a Phoenix Sun so bad :(

OP
OP
T

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah, but before the draft, the Suns said if they took a big or small with the early pick, they would probably do the opposite with the late pick. That's not necessarily drafting for need, but maybe making sure you can find enough playing time for your various young players.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, McCollum is nicee. I wanted him as a Phoenix Sun so bad :(

Yeah, once Bennett was off the market I was hoping for a trade down to Minnesota and McCollum. I know a lot of people were downgrading him because of his age/experience advantage but he'd have been a solid pick. I don't expect him to be a star but he looks to be starter quality and it would be nice to have someone that could score.

Steve

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I loved Christmas coming out of Temple a few years back. I said in a thread we should've spent a 2nd round pick on him, although he was never drafted.

Glad he's on our team and hope he makes it on the active roster.

Me too. I was a fan of the kid when in Temple and thougt he'd be a decent role player in the NBA. Isn't too late yet to turn the corner.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but looking at the box score, it looks like Marshall had a typical Marshall type performance.

When is that kid ever gonna learn?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but looking at the box score, it looks like Marshall had a typical Marshall type performance.

When is that kid ever gonna learn?

can't learn how to be athletic.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Marshall could develop even below average shooting ability and decent defense he could have a long, Andre Miller'esque career. But he has to decide to work to be that kind of player instead of the this guy who if he cant find a passing lane, basically checks out and seems to expend no energy on D.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake