2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
There's another article about him plus a few more that all say the same thing, the Cards are working with Marv on being more detailed on the field, running routes with more precise "depth of field" and working with him on reading the defense because of how often he and Kyler aren't on the same page. I mentioned the other day they confirmed Marv was the one who didn't line up correctly and they had to call a timeout, one of these articles confirmed what Frank Sanders had said, the throw over the middle that was incomplete against SF was Marv's fault too, he didn't run the route correctly.

The good thing is everyone says he's working very hard. The one article said as he gets more precise on the details, his route tree will expand, which implies they're limiting his routes now?
I want him to be more aggressive and use that size more. He is less athletically gifted than I thought he would be but he should make up for that with size.

Also want to see him play in different spots and motion him as well. Petzing acts like he can only play X.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I want him to be more aggressive and use that size more. He is less athletically gifted than I thought he would be but he should make up for that with size.

Also want to see him play in different spots and motion him as well. Petzing acts like he can only play X.

I think I agree, yes. He seems a little passive?

I want him to play big and mean. Push some DBs off of him at the top of his routes!

Show us some fire!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try your best not to be short sited- marv is baller and far from the worst problem this team has right now
This team has no number 1 or even a good number 2 WR and that’s a big problem on the team. So while Marv sucking may not be the biggest problem, he’s actually still a big problem considering his draft status and what was expected out of him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He can't seem to make the big catches when we need them and struggles just to get open

Not seeing him at #1 level right now

He's a struggling #3 at best
His biggest issue is not being aggressive for catches. Let's too many just come to him, instead of going up and grabbing them. Way too tentative. All that off-season prep for the NFL instead of the combine is pure bull poo at this point.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He can't seem to make the big catches when we need them and struggles just to get open

Not seeing him at #1 level right now

He's a struggling #3 at best
Everything he is thrown is being contested. They are all tough catches. That doesn't excuse the drops, but the OC has to do a better job at getting him some easy catches where a defender isn't draped all over him. Just like you call some easy throws to get your QB in rhythm. you have to do the same for your WR.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything he is thrown is being contested. They are all tough catches. That doesn't excuse the drops, but the OC has to do a better job at getting him some easy catches where a defender isn't draped all over him. Just like you call some easy throws to get your QB in rhythm. you have to do the same for your WR.

So if you read the article on the Cards site during the week that was semi explained. The X receiver in our offense gets more of those plays and HAS to win, win at the LOS when 1 on 1, win the balls in the air. They also mentioned during the week they work with Marv on routes, especially it said depth of field on the routes. They said as he gets more polished his route tree will expand.

Again it's not his fault how weak the other Wr's are, but they were relying on him hitting the ground running as a #1 WR and he's just not good enough yet to do that.

I like him long term, but we need him to be better than he is right now

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but he's not getting the ball in his hands when he has opportunities

He's letting it come to him instead

He needs some work

Talent is there, but this is the "Not For Long" league so he had better learn fast

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22